Subtlety

Sexual Lucid Dreaming in a relationship, cheating or no?

8 posts in this topic

How would you feel on a scale of 1-10 (1 being nothing like cheating, 10 being just as bad as cheating) if your partner sometimes had sex while they are lucid dreaming? Why or why not?

This is assuming they don't do it often enough that it starts interfering with the sex life in the relationship, nor is it the only thing they do with their lucid dreams, thus not being an unhealthy obsession of some sort.

For those who don't know, lucid dreaming is the phenomenon of waking up to the fact you are dreaming and being able to consciously control what you dream up.

0 at best

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

It depends. Do they jizz in their pants when doing it?

40 minutes ago, T_i_m said:

It depends. Do they jizz in their pants when doing it?

Most likely yes, if you cum in a dream, you cum in your bed.

6 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

0 at best

I agree, however, don't you think there's a chance you'd feel a little jealous/threatened/inadequate if your partner was having mind blowing orgies with the most beautiful people imaginable in some divine monastery in the Himalayan mountains, experiencing sexual ecstasy pretty much no single person could compete with?

55 minutes ago, Subtlety said:

Most likely yes, if you cum in a dream, you cum in your bed.

Most of the time you don't. At least from my experience. May happen on occasion.

Seriously though you don't lose karma in Fallout when you kill someone in Skyrim. You in a dream is a different person, the world is a different world, the other is different, everything works and feels not in the same way as in this reality. And everything is you, even from materialistic point of view. Constraining yourself from having fun in lucid dreams would be so silly, except maybe if you go there to do some kind of deliberate practice.

I'd be glad they have a way to cheat on you without cheating on you. And nothing stops the other partner from having sex adventures in their own dreamworld.

43 minutes ago, T_i_m said:

Most of the time you don't. At least from my experience. May happen on occasion.

Funny, it's the exact opposite for me.

Constraining yourself from having fun in lucid dreams would be so silly, except maybe if you go there to do some kind of deliberate practice.

There's endless of ways to have fun in a lucid dream, I'm just talking about one of those ways in the context of being in a monogamous relationship.

I'd be glad they have a way to cheat on you without cheating on you.

Me too, but don't you think it's reasonable to assume that it would make a lot of women suspicious since you could do quite literally anything you can imagine in a lucid dream, and you choose sex, when you have each other for that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you, I'm just trying to steelman an opposing view that has yet to voice its opinion here.

Edited by Subtlety

@Subtlety What good does that do? Just robbing me of creating experience and building skill to be a better me,im not competing with anyone but that little voice in my head telling me i need to worry about some dream shes having...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.