Hanna Luna

Why does God allow such extreme degrees of suffering?

100 posts in this topic

Just now, Vibes said:

Damn, you knocked me out with this one.

Yeah I will admit Its a lot to handle and its not for everyone. Unless you're crazy enlightened or on psychedelics, its probably not a good idea to think about these topics. I'm not there 99.99% of the time so it really fucks me up. But when I do see past the illusion, boy is it an incredible experience.

Being aware of all the suffering that exists isn't particularly good for survival, which is why the ego is so good at making people feel separate from you. Which is why its best not to think about it XD.

2 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Yeah I will admit Its a lot to handle and its not for everyone. Unless you're crazy enlightened or on psychedelics, its probably not a good idea to think about these topics. I'm not there 99.99% of the time so it really fucks me up. But when I do see past the illusion, boy is it an incredible experience.

Being aware of all the suffering that exists isn't particularly good for survival, which is why the ego is so good at making people feel separate from you. Which is why its best not to think about it XD.

Unless, you can focus on/train yourself to see mostly the positive behind every negative thing in which case, you'd essentially be blocking out the negative. But, then wouldn't that be classified as delusional to some degree? 

That's what concerns me. Buying into a version of reality that's mostly positive, ignoring the negative aspects, and being blindsided because I chose to avoid the parts of reality I dislike. 

3 minutes ago, Hanna Luna said:

Unless, you can focus on/train yourself to see mostly the positive behind every negative thing in which case, you'd essentially be blocking out the negative. But, then wouldn't that be classified as delusional to some degree? 

Yes its delusional but the entire ego is a delusion. If you wanted to see past delusion, you would surrender your ego to infinity and then suddenly all suffering would be revealed to be an illusion. The very notion of a self is a delusion so once you realise there is no self, how can suffering exist? there is no self to experience it.

6 minutes ago, Hanna Luna said:

That's what concerns me. Buying into a version of reality that's mostly positive, ignoring the negative aspects, and being blindsided because I chose to avoid the parts of reality I dislike. 

positive and negative, like and dislike are all projections of the ego. whether you like or dislike it, reality just is the way it is.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

In several Native American tribes, torture was an established custom. I read an relate of a missionary who was in one of those tribes. He said that the prisoner was happy to be tortured since that way he had the opportunity to demonstrate his courage to the great spirit. First they tied him outside and the women and children burned him with small red-hot sticks all over his body, they also cut off his ears and nose. at dusk they would take him to a tent where the elderly experts would torture him all night. it was important that he did not die before dawn. At the moment the sun came up, they inserted a hot thick piece of wood through the anus and then they cut off his head. As the prisoner had been brave and at no time did he show weakness, the next day they held a party in his honor.

God is evil. Infinity is the worst possible existence 

33 minutes ago, Holykael said:

God is evil. Infinity is the worst possible existence 

sounds lit, where do I sign up? B|

3 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

sounds lit, where do I sign up? B|

X.X

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

With forms? That requires positives and negatives

There are no any rules or limitations in imagination. Forms can have the formless potential. Logic doesn't apply, especially that of the life we know.

2 hours ago, spiritual memes said:

seems kinda boring. Imagine watching a movie where nothing mad happens and the characters are just always happy with no dilemmas. It would be boring af.

Alrighty:

• No possibility of boredom due to orgasmic overdose.

Anything else?

Personally, if I had to choose, I would take boredom over physical pain and/or suffering anytime without a second thought.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Gesundheit2 We should vote you for God.You have nice ideas for creating reality.Wondered when you will get elected.

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

There are no any rules or limitations in imagination. Forms can have the formless potential. Logic doesn't apply, especially that of the life we know.

Alrighty:

Anything else?

Personally, if I had to choose, I would take boredom over physical pain and/or suffering anytime without a second thought.

You aren't taking a meta perspective on this. If you made a movie about some dude having a non stop orgasmic overdose it would be pretty boring. 

If there are no limitations in imagination then there is no reason why physical pain can't be infinite love. Since logic doesn't apply. You are the one trying to put physical pain below an orgasm but this is a human perspective. From god's perspective there is no difference.

23 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

You aren't taking a meta perspective on this. If you made a movie about some dude having a non stop orgasmic overdose it would be pretty boring. 

No, it wouldn't be boring, cuz the next orgasm would only be better than the one before, with no possibility of experiencing suffering or a lower quality orgasm.

23 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

If there are no limitations in imagination then there is no reason why physical pain can't be infinite love. Since logic doesn't apply. You are the one trying to put physical pain below an orgasm but this is a human perspective. From god's perspective there is no difference.

God's pov is a theory, human pov is reality.

33 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

@Gesundheit2 We should vote you for God.You have nice ideas for creating reality.Wondered when you will get elected.

You will not be disappointed.

72+ years old virgins for you.

13 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

No, it wouldn't be boring, cuz the next orgasm would only be better than the one before, with no possibility of experiencing suffering or a lower quality orgasm.

I get bored after 1 wank, imagine an infinite number...

14 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

God's pov is a theory, human pov is reality

when you see past the illusion, those 2 switch round.

@spiritual memes

3 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

I get bored after 1 wank, imagine an infinite number...

Imagine not getting bored by an orgasm.

1 minute ago, spiritual memes said:

when you see past the illusion, those 2 switch round.

99.9% of your life will not be past the illusion, that's what I mean by theory and reality.

57 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Alrighty:

Anything else?

I wouldn't be so sure. Apparently, mice and humans would rather shock themselves with a taser than experience boredom. 

Source: My memory of something I heard/read somewhere so take that with a grain of salt

Just now, Gesundheit2 said:

Imagine not getting bored by an orgasm.

Try fibonacci fap february and you will quickly change you mind on that.

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

99.9% of your life will not be past the illusion, that's what I mean by theory and reality.

If you spend 99.9% of your life in the matrix but you escape once, that one time is the highest truth regardless of the 99.9%

1 minute ago, spiritual memes said:

Try fibonacci fap february and you will quickly change you mind on that.

If you spend 99.9% of your life in the matrix but you escape once, that one time is the highest truth regardless of the 99.9%

But would it be? Absolute truth is what is, here and now. So, wouldn't the matrix while one finds themself in it, be absolute truth? Not as a concept, but what's being experienced directly (within the Matrix). 

Just now, Hanna Luna said:

But would it be? Absolute truth is what is, here and now. So, wouldn't the matrix while one finds themself in it, be absolute truth? Not as a concept, but what's being experienced directly (within the Matrix). 

You are correct, however the conceptual stories you create about here and now are not absolute truth. To break out of the 'matrix' is to realise the illusory nature of these conceptual fabrications. Absolute truth is raw experience without conceptual fabrications that you mistake for reality.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It's one thing to say that there exists infinite potential, but it's another thing to say that a particular thing can necessarily exist in a particular way (e.g. "infinite heroin"). You're now projecting some limited conceptual understanding onto reality. Maybe you can envision it in the fantasy of your own conceptual mind, but if you were to wheel it out in practice, meaning a reality that looks sort of like this one but which is somehow also different ("Reality 2.0"), I think you would encounter a lot of problems. Firstly, you don't even know what infinite heroin actually means, because again, it's only a limited conceptual idea. Secondly, this reality is not exactly an accident. It flows in a particular way. Copying and pasting something like infinite heroin (whatever that is) into it would interrupt the flow. The flow is infinite, but the flow is the flow.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

meaning a reality that looks sort of like this one but which is somehow also different ("Reality 2.0")

My reality will be written from scratch.