Hanna Luna

Why does God allow such extreme degrees of suffering?

100 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

At the highest levels God is beyond remembering past lives. God is an infinite ocean where all lives, things, and times melt togther into a single soup of undifferentiation. 

Think of the universe before the Big Bang. It was just oneness that contained everything. You can say all possible lives are in that soup, but they are all blended together.

Ok, muchas gracias!

God is Soup. I love it haha :P

Yeah I've been compelled to watch some ISIS and mexican drug cartel videos which have really exposed to me just how fucked up reality can get. It's given me intrusive thoughts about fucked up shit happenning to me and my loved ones so I get how you feel.

In the highest states of consciousness I have experienced, I visualized the worst things happening to me like torture, dismemberment, death etc but I wasn't afraid. Instead I found it unbelievably funny that I was so afraid of these things for so long. A repeated thing I experiences during some of my trips was visualizing myself dying and my body decomposing while laughing uncontrollably. Because I am not this body. There can be an infinite amount of fucked up shit but there is no self to experience it. In that sense, suffering is imaginary. There is simply the experience that there is a finite self that suffers. i.e. the ego. Once you break out of the illusion I realised that this body may die or get hurt but I am the infinite consciousness that underlies all of reality which cannot be damaged.

The way to break out of fear is to realise there is no self to suffer.

That being said, this shit is easier said than done. I'm not able to reach these levels when I'm not on psychedelics so I spent the majority of the time appalled at the suffering that happens in this reality. But reality has a lot of beauty in it also. It depends ofn how you look at it.

@Hanna Luna I know it can seem heartless but at the end its all god

putting on different masks and experiencing different content.

Why would god want to experience extreme suffering?

Let me tell you first hand:

I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and had a psychosis occur 3 times

which is a very traumatic experience, as well as having severe depression

that could last to a year and a suicide attempt.

Why am i saying all that?

The suffering in my path only helped me progress that much faster in my development.

Maybe god gives himself a "shock treatment" all with the goal of awakening you in mind.

Anyway those where my thoughts.

Have a nice day :)

Daniel  

4 hours ago, Hanna Luna said:

human being

innocent human beings

God is not a human.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I answered these questions here while being god. 

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Because God is Absolute Indifference. God loves suffering as much as it loves the absence of it. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be absolutely loving- the quality that makes God God (God is absolutely loving).

This is why infinite love is actually evil. It is insane to love everything, suffering shouldn't be loved.

Suffering is man's problem, and man needs to find solutions to it. God is irrelevant here.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sit silently in meditation and do nothing, relax your mind and be happy. Stop consuming garbage media. You also have to face your fears.

I prefer the opposite method : imagine all the effed up things that could happen and embrace it till the point that it doesn't triggers me ( i still wouldn't like to go through any of that sh*t if i had the choice obviously) 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

What scares me about experience is that I can only experience one thing at a time, and not the other. So when I'm experiencing a nightmare, or something painful, it feels so narrow, humid, tight, inescapable. There is no hole to hide in, a comfort zone where you can take solace or refresh then come back. There is no self to be found in such experience, no reference point, yet it is so painful. It starkly becomes the whole of reality at that moment in consciousness. Nothing to lean on, nowhere to hide. 

If it wasn't for the suffering, you wouldn't take the dream so seriously.

Anyway, just be here now.

Notice you are not being tortured etc. You are just imagining all that suffering.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Notice you are not being tortured etc. You are just imagining all that suffering.

most people suffer by default. in humans, survival is guaranteed by the acceptance of the tribe. this is always conditioned, human love is defective, and in our complex society it is a real labyrinth. the ego is made up of layers and layers of lack of love, or anxiety, are synonymous. we are dysfunctional, disharmonic constructions. the only way to correct this is to drink directly from the source, for this you have to dismantle the ego completely. a work within the reach of few

"God is so good and kind, He has saved me and my young from another day of starvation" thought the lion, as it sunk its teeth into the antelope's neck.

"This hurts. Why does God allow such extreme degrees of suffering!?!?"  thought the antelope.

God looked on, and shrugged.

Apparently.

47 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

most people suffer by default. in humans, survival is guaranteed by the acceptance of the tribe. this is always conditioned, human love is defective, and in our complex society it is a real labyrinth. the ego is made up of layers and layers of lack of love, or anxiety, are synonymous. we are dysfunctional, disharmonic constructions. the only way to correct this is to drink directly from the source, for this you have to dismantle the ego completely. a work within the reach of few

Yeah, I mean. That’s definitely part of it. You can also:

1. Work on your cognitive behaviour, develop rational realistic connive behaviour 

2. Do Somatic/ embodiment exercises….

I think the ego part is big, that we want to realize our true self. But, there is also a piece that is developing a healthy ego. 

@axiom God looked and smile with love in his eye

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Holykael said:

This is why infinite love is actually evil. It is insane to love everything, suffering shouldn't be loved.

This is how I view 'infinite love'/God/the Universe right now. The idea that 'infinite love' could love so unconditionally and be so brutally curious to the degree that they'd be okay with being harmed in every way imaginable and experience every gruesome second of it as a human being/animal is horrifying to me. This might be elementary thinking, but I'd hope to have some control over what my ego/finite/human self experiences rather than it being at the whim of a God/Universe/Infinite mind so insane it'd be willing to subject living creatures to so much pain. 

Edited by Hanna Luna

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Suffering is man's problem, and man needs to find solutions to it. God is irrelevant here.

If God is all that is, wouldn't that make him relevant as it pertains to every subject? 

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

If it wasn't for the suffering, you wouldn't take the dream so seriously.

Anyway, just be here now.

Yes, but when I think about the fact that I live in a world where all of these horrific things can/do happen to people it starts to make me feel like a fish swimming in poisonous water. 

2 minutes ago, Hanna Luna said:

If God is all that is, wouldn't that make him relevant as it pertains to every subject? 

What is, does not have the ability to allow or disallow. It just is what it is.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

My personal favorite answer to this I heard from a friend:

The world is not the way it is because the way it is now,  it is the "best place". It is how it is because the way it is now, it is "the best place to learn what we are supposed to learn".

Edited by theleelajoker

2 hours ago, axiom said:

"God is so good and kind, He has saved me and my young from another day of starvation" thought the lion, as it sunk its teeth into the antelope's neck.

"This hurts. Why does God allow such extreme degrees of suffering!?!?"  thought the antelope.

God looked on, and shrugged.

Wow, fuck that God. xD

No, but in all seriousness. I really don't like the fact that the universe doesn't operate on morality. I understand that would cause it to limit itself, but I'd prefer that over the contrary. 

Edited by Hanna Luna