Shane Hanlon

Dark chocolate containing high amounts of Lead - Should I chelate?

38 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically any food in powder form is a toxic chemical dump.

Except those that are not. ? You can find test results from quality brands.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

5 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Except those that are not. ? You can find test results from quality brands.

Assuming you trust them.

3rd party reports are really needed and those are hard to find for most brands. Not to mention that at any time a brand can swap suppliers in their chain and you will never know.

We badly need a government agency to track these assholes and their toxic ways. They are ruining lives to save pennies.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically any food in powder form is a toxic chemical dump. The more they can grind it up, the less you can tell how low quality it was to begin with, which is perfect for biz.

That would mean literally even 95% of supplements... ??

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically any food in powder form is a toxic chemical dump. The more they can grind it up, the less you can tell how low quality it was to begin with, which is perfect for biz.

gp

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

39 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Thats why you shop for lab tested brands and dont buy stuff off amazon 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

Actually I think supplements aren't so bad because many supplements are just pure synthetic chemicals from labs, not stuff grow with pesticides and dirty water.

Like a pure magnesium or zinc supplement should not have much toxins.

The real problem is with stuff that must be grown in poor 3rd world countries. Harvested herbal supplements you definitely need to be careful with, especially since many of them come from China or India which are toxic waste dumps.

Quality supplement brands also tend to do more lab testing of their products. Although there have been plenty of reports that show that many supplements simply lie about their ingredients.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I guess that's why most powders ive tried (like Huel or similar protein "organic" vegan powders) I have to dump them countn´t even finish them they just felt so weird in my body 

The real problem is with stuff that must be grown in poor 3rd world countries. Harvested herbal supplements you definitely need to be careful with, especially since many of them come from China or India which are toxic waste dumps.

@Leo Gura In India organic conscious agriculture is growing though. There are some companies that offer products.

Or you mean the quality overall of the soil its toxic due to massive unregulated waste disposal of factories to rivers, etc...? (So basically the fact that is organic won't save you because the soil has been getting contaminated the previous years/decades)

Edited by Javfly33

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I guess that's why most powders ive tried (like Huel or similar protein "organic" vegan powders) I have to dump them countn´t even finish them they just felt so weird in my body 

@Leo Gura In India organic conscious agriculture is growing though. There are some companies that offer products.

Or you mean the quality overall of the soil its toxic due to massive unregulated waste disposal of factories to rivers, etc...? (So basically the fact that is organic won't save you because the soil has been getting contaminated the previous years/decades)

I would not trust any Indian "organic" certification. Those Indians are master scammers. I barely trust an American organic certification. The whole system is built on scams.

Edited by Leo Gura

Is raw cacao powder concerned as well?

(I use some on my smoothies)

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I would not trust any Indian "organic" certification. Those Indians are master scammers. I barely trust an American organic certification. The whole system is built on scams.

I don't know how corrupt/scammy the USA organic market is, but in Europe the organic logo can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by the authorised European agencies.

I know obviously India its outside EU but in the products ive bought, there is the same logo but instead it says "Non-EU agriculture", so it really seems it just works the same way (that Europe needs to give the "Ok" to be able to accept it for market).

Edited by Javfly33

33 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I don't know how corrupt/scammy the USA organic market is, but in Europe the organic logo can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by the authorised European agencies.

I know obviously India its outside EU but in the products ive bought, there is the same logo but instead it says "Non-EU agriculture", so it really seems it just works the same way (that Europe needs to give the "Ok" to be able to accept it for market).

Even with all those certs they are still cutting corners and it's impossible to know who.

1 hour ago, Soulbass said:

Is raw cacao powder concerned as well?

Of course!

R.i.p green and blacks... my fav. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

So what was the conclusion to this thread, should we all just eat dark chocolate under 'safer choices' like Mast and Ghirardelli or what?

Is there a way to make dark chocolate ourselves without as much lead and cadmium?

Edited by MarkKol

The conclusion is to severely limit your intake of chocolate. Or do a lot of annual chelation.

Edited by Leo Gura

Such a shame. I could use some dark chocolate in my diet