Hardkill

Bolsonaro supporters have stormed the entire government of Brazil!

42 posts in this topic

About a week after Lula was sworn in as Brazil's new president, supporters of Bolsonaro stormed the country’s Congress, courts, and presidential offices. They've been attacking the police. 

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/08/world/brazil-congress-protests-bolsonaro

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/08/americas/brazil-bolsonaro-supporters-breach-congress/index.html

Edited by Hardkill

Some people cant just accept their favorite puppet lost the election. And knowing the mindset of some of my brasilian relatives I am not impressed with this event. Of course Bolsonaro herd would not accept the results. 

Right wingers are so cringe.

See, this is what happens with anti-wokeism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Hardkill Jesus. I hope folks there are okay. Seems like that officer was pretty brutalised.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Right wingers are so cringe.

See, this is what happens with anti-wokeism.

So anti-woke that they're totally schlep! xD

9 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Hardkill Jesus. I hope folks there are okay. Seems like that officer was pretty brutalised.

I too hope that the police and the rest of the innocent people down there will be okay.

I don’t get why the right wing actually waited until Lula got sworn into office to storm the whole government. I mean I am glad they didn’t, but from the viewpoint of logistics and timing it doesn’t make sense.

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I don’t get why the right wing actually waited until Lula got sworn into office to storm the whole government. I mean I am glad they didn’t, but from the viewpoint of logistics and timing it doesn’t make sense.

Mobs don't act with intelligence.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Mobs don't act with intelligence.

But what about mobs that led to necessary and successful revolutions throughout history like the English Civil War, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, and the Bolshevik Revolution? Or where those things not same as mobs?

Edited by Hardkill

Everybody knew this is going to happen, and no  one did anything to prevent that from happening...

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Meanwhile Bolsonaro is in Florida walking casually through supermarkets and eating greasy chicken at KFC. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he and some of Trump's minions orchestrated this entire thing from the rogue state of Florida. 

These terrorists are the leftovers of Bolsonaro supporters... they give less than a shit about democracy and even patriotism at this point. 

For them is much easier to go on these riots, and staying around military headquarters, than to realize that they have been tricked  by Bolsonaro this entire time ...

It would be an existential threat so painful at this point, that makes it impossible for them to reconcile it in their own consciousness...

26 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But what about mobs that led to necessary and successful revolutions throughout history like the English Civil War, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, and the Bolshevik Revolution? Or where those things not same as mobs?

History does not paint a kind portrait of political mobs, revolutions, and coups.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 8/1/2023 at 7:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

History does not paint a kind portrait of political mobs, revolutions, and coups.

A lot of these revolutions ideed has mobs infiltrated in it.

HOWEVER,  if you look back at these revolutions,  you'll see that there was an exhaustion in the model of government, and this was a consensus by the majority of the population, which came up with a new and POSSIBLE system of government to overturn its predecessor... it's not all rainbows and butterflies,  but it's something that's a trend in history.

With Bolsonaro there's no real plan or proposal to any of those, he advocates for military dictatorship,  which is clearly unsustainable in our current society:

there's a lot of corruption, TORTURE!, extra judiciary killings, censorship, and they don't have to oblige to any other power besides themselves...

The only reason Bolsonaro incites his followers for that is just to remain in power and don't get prosecuted by his own crimes

43 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

No comparasion between Mob from that time with the Mobs followers from Bolsonaro in Brasil. I had one-to-one talks with supporters of Bolsonaro. Minds so walled that is impossible to jailbreak with reason. 

I hope weaker democracies dealing with polarization can weather these storms. USA is polarized but has been working on its institutions for a couple hundred years now and it’s quite sturdy. Not sure about Brazil. 

9 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I hope weaker democracies dealing with polarization can weather these storms. USA is polarized but has been working on its institutions for a couple hundred years now and it’s quite sturdy. Not sure about Brazil. 

Don't underestimate our country just because we are 3rd world....

We have one of the most strongest and resilient institutions in Latin America, and  since we've developed our voting machines, in 1996, our elections has been fair and square, and been recognized even by other International organizations as well. 

HOWEVER, what really fuck us up is the amount of corruption that happens pretty much everyday, both in politics and in our society as well, to the point that it has been appropriated by our culture as being the "Brazilian Way", which is a way of taking advantage of some flaw in the system in other to benefit oneself....

But we have a lot of transparency, that keeps track of all the daily activities of the president, the ministers and congressmen, as well as to where the federal budget is being directed to, the kind of resource that a lot of latin american countries lack off...

This is precisely the kind of thing that Bolsonaro was trying to undermine throughout his entire "Administration "

1 hour ago, Bernardo Carleial said:

Don't underestimate our country just because we are 3rd world....

We have one of the most strongest and resilient institutions in Latin America, and  since we've developed our voting machines, in 1996, our elections has been fair and square, and been recognized even by other International organizations as well. 

HOWEVER, what really fuck us up is the amount of corruption that happens pretty much everyday, both in politics and in our society as well, to the point that it has been appropriated by our culture as being the "Brazilian Way", which is a way of taking advantage of some flaw in the system in other to benefit oneself....

But we have a lot of transparency, that keeps track of all the daily activities of the president, the ministers and congressmen, as well as to where the federal budget is being directed to, the kind of resource that a lot of latin american countries lack off...

This is precisely the kind of thing that Bolsonaro was trying to undermine throughout his entire "Administration "

I made a mistake and take back my assumptions. I’m not familiar with Brazilian politics and institutions and made a wrong assumption that the institution there is weak because of the economic situation there. I hope they are able to clean up corruption there so things get better for everyone. 

That 2nd week of January is quite something.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.