Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
max duewel

Life Coaching

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I need your Help

I'm playing with the thought of becoming a licensed life coach. 

Too all life coaches that read this:

• What coaching programs would you recommend?  
  • What advice would you give to someone starting out?

To everyone who did coaching before:

• Can you recommend a good life coach?
  • Where and how to find a good life coach?

All input with good intentions is appreciated !

Recommendations: Don't be broke and be a life coach. You will be charging all sorts of low rates  and fighting for every piece of clientele. You need to know how to build up your personal brand and retain clients. This is where something like Youtube comes. And it's almost always better to build up a skill that is extremely valuable and offer consultation. Life Coaching gets iffy. As in, it has a low barrier to entry and too many bullshitters. Of course, if you set your mind to it, you can succeed. It'll take a tonne of work and effort. I recommend that you find a niche  that has an extreme pain for life coaching. Otherwise, you can burn out. 

I’m interested in this as well. Not sure how to even start working in this field.

I don't where you are at in life, or other people reading this, but I'd heavily recommend you garner some accomplishments, either academic, business, or career wise before you even start investing in life coaching (at least financially). You should have somewhat considerable life experience, and adversities/challenges you've overcome as reference points to build credibility. At least be 25+ years old, or people will not take you seriously at all. Your clients are going to be people with money, which is typically adults and older people. A middle-aged person will need some convincing to believe they need life advice from someone younger than them. Keep that in mind.

Really though I'd describe Life Coaching as the ability to inspire, motivate, and relate to people interpersonally. No matter how you choose to structure your coaching, or what you want to teach - that will be at the core.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Thanks already for your guy's Input! 

I observed throughout my life that I get very passionate when working with others through their problems and letting them come to 'Aha' moments.

However, all the concerns you mentioned I am currently contemplating. I'm not so afraid of the entrance barrier and building a personal brand, I see that as a necessary step for all I want to do in life anyway.

I have a bachelor's in Psychology, but I am not interested in continuing with a master's degree. I'm 26 Years old and apart from spiritual internal ones and transforming my body I have little to show for it.

I see it is not very impacted by your accomplishments. I see it as a skill you can have talent in and master. However, I might be blind to the reality of how people will respond to me and how to get clients without having big external achievements.

I was considering getting coached while doing some non-paid coaching to gain experience, then getting a coaching certificate and building my brand in the meantime.

@max duewel Definitely getting coached is recommendable.

If you don't get coached, then you have an internal conflict when convincing others to get coached.

Also, pay an amount for it that is painful.

If you cheap out, you'll attract clients that cheap out on you.

I paid my coach 2k a month for a good while.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

@max duewel Definitely getting coached is recommendable.

If you don't get coached, then you have an internal conflict when convincing others to get coached.

Also, pay an amount for it that is painful.

If you cheap out, you'll attract clients that cheap out on you.

I paid my coach 2k a month for a good while.

I totally agree! How did you find your coach?

I spoke to someone from a mastermind I was in, he talked about his experience with him, I tracked him down.

So, by word of mouth.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/