Matt23

J Peterson: Sharing Political Views = Revoking Clinical Licence

49 posts in this topic

"Bucko" in JP's voice should be trademarked

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Osaid

2 minutes ago, Osaid said:

This is definitive proof that Jordan Peterson isn't lonely, as you can see that he is surrounded by many anime girls to keep him company. Checkmate, libtards.

My point exactly. Infact I personally think they want to take away his clinical licence because the Marxists disapprove of his hot babe anime girl collection. Just a theory. Here's a photo taken when JBP found out they want to take his collection away ?

Okay I will post no more JBP 

@Thought Art

Shut up bucko

sad lobster.png

@bloomer "Bucko"

◭"89"

16 hours ago, Florian said:

I haven't seen any of his tweets but from what I have seen of him regarding his views, on transgenders at least, he seems to have a valid opinion that deserves political attention. 

@Florian What are you referring to here? Which opinion of his on trans-people deserves political attention?

43 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

What is he afraid of?

The collapse of all his mental contructions and the self-awareness of his immense biases and selfishness.

Peterson is stuck playing a game of ideology which rewards him with money, fame, and love. He has sold his soul to the devil while fully convinced that he is crusading on behalf of God.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7.1.2023 at 2:09 AM, Peter-Andre said:

@Florian What are you referring to here? Which opinion of his on trans-people deserves political attention?

The fact that the lives of children that are not actually transgender but just confused get destroyed by letting them have surgery very easily is the one thing that I know he talked about and think deserves attention.

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/read-the-tweets-that-got-jordan-peterson-investigated-by-college-of-psychologists/wcm/d472002a-986e-4771-b1d6-dcdb54337d33/amp/

I don't think anything of Peterson but this looks like overreach to me. It's a psychologist license, I don't see how his comments are abusing his license. This article only lists some of the posts though(given to them by Peterson), I haven't read the complaint itself.

Edited by Devin

Jordan Peterson's hatred of Justin Trudeau is just comical.

3 hours ago, Devin said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/read-jordan-petersons-tweets-that-prompted-complaints-to-psychologists-college

Okay, no surprise Peterson left out the worst ones, yeah he should get his license revoked, he suggested suicide to some twitter users, what a moron.

A stretch to equate "You're free to leave at any point" with advocacy of suicide.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Jordan Peterson's hatred of Justin Trudeau is just comical.

?

Personally, I have a lot of admiration for Truedeau when looking at other world leaders. Maybe I’m wrong, but there is a sense of pride 

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A stretch to equate "You're free to leave at any point" with advocacy of suicide.

He was replying to this comment

"I disagree. Based on the record of human behaviour, we are already overpopulating this small world. Any arguments I have heard for supporting such a large human population completely overlook the huge loss of species and ecosystems resulting from our self-absorbed attention."

Leave the planet

The first complaint of 2022 came on Jan. 5. Peterson had suggested that a world population of 9.5 billion was sustainable; a commenter on his post said that overpopulation was a threat to the ecosystem.

Peterson tweeted: “You’re free to leave at any point.”

You're free to leave at any point. https://t.co/31GbI1I2vD

— Dr Jordan B Peterson (@jordanbpeterson) January 3, 2022

The complainant, whose name and title are redacted — though by Peterson or the college is unclear — suggests that this was an inducement to suicide.

“It is against every ethical standard and best practice of the U.S. National Association of Social Worker’s Code of ethics to make light of, encourage, joke about, or reference the topic of suicide in a manner that is not grounded in safety, prevention and evidence-based therapeutic intervention,” the complaint notes.

When Peterson was notified of this complaint, his response was that he was “simply not going to spend the hours and days required to undergo the unbelievably stressful process necessary to respond to this formally.”

“So no, I am not going to defend myself. Do whatever you want.”

Seems crazy to me for one of the most well known licensed psychologists on twitter to say that to someone on Twitter. And then his reply to the complaint was "Do whatever you want, I'm not going to defend myself.", It appears he's goading them into a public dispute to play victim.

32 minutes ago, Devin said:

He was replying to this comment

"I disagree. Based on the record of human behaviour, we are already overpopulating this small world. Any arguments I have heard for supporting such a large human population completely overlook the huge loss of species and ecosystems resulting from our self-absorbed attention."

I know. That's a huge stretch. Obviously he was not responding to a suicidal guy. This was a debate about climate change policy, not mental health.

As much as JP makes me cringe, this tweet of his was snarky but not unethical.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know. That's a huge stretch. Obviously he was not responding to a suicidal guy. This was a debate about climate change policy, not mental health.

Yeah, they just mean he was joking about suicide, not that he was literally suggesting it.

"“It is against every ethical standard and best practice of the U.S. National Association of Social Worker’s Code of ethics to make light of, encourage, joke about, or reference the topic of suicide in a manner that is not grounded in safety, prevention and evidence-based therapeutic intervention,” the complaint notes."

I don't mean he was literally suggesting suicide, but it seems to me he was joking/making light of it in a very public manor, he has a huge platform. I think that's concerning coming from someone that has a license to treat mentally ill people.

Edited by Devin

18 minutes ago, Devin said:

"“It is against every ethical standard and best practice of the U.S. National Association of Social Worker’s Code of ethics to make light of, encourage, joke about, or reference the topic of suicide in a manner that is not grounded in safety, prevention and evidence-based therapeutic intervention,” the complaint notes."

This is absurd and will only make the left wing look crazy. Classic wokeims shooting itself in the shoot.

Yes you can joke about suicide. As long as it is not a response to a suicidal person.

Now reasonable leftists like me are backed into a corner to defend JP, who is otherwise cringe.

JP did not reference suicide at all. He just told the guy to take a hike.

What next? JP tells someone on Twitter to go fuck his mother, and that is taken to be clinical advocay for incest?

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is absurd and will only make the left wing look crazy. Classic wokeims shooting itself in the shoot.

Yes you can joke about suicide. As long as it is not a response to a suicidal person.

Now reasonable leftists like me are backed into a corner to defend JP, who is otherwise cringe.

This is a licensed psychologist joking about suicide on a twitter account with how many followers, it'd be like some top cop in a black city making a racist black joke. It's not about just somebody making a suicide joke.

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

This is a licensed psychologist joking about suicide on a twitter account with how many followers, it'd be like some top cop in a black city making a racist black joke. It's not about just somebody making a suicide joke.

Nope, sorry, doesn't fly.

JP has said some really dumb things on Twitter. This is not one of them.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Devin I agree with Leo on this one. I don't think its that crass of a joke, even in light of his position.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback