Matt23

J Peterson: Sharing Political Views = Revoking Clinical Licence

49 posts in this topic

I would love, if anyone can help, to see the actual tweet he shared that initiated this. 

If this is true, this is total BS. 

I am no JP fan, and have often felt uncomfortable even with parts of Joe's podcast and just not into his right-wing style he's displayed (even though yes, he does also have a weird combo of leftist politics and views as well).  

But this is like tooooo fucking much.  

But, I'd love to see the original tweet to actually see what JP posted since that will clear up how much this is warranted or not.  

I actually wrote an email to the College of Psychologist of Ontario condemning their actions lol.  I still have yet to send it.  Waiting to see if a more clear view emerges.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Probably his tweets trolling trans folk and shaming fat women. Not very professional for a licensed therapist.

Professional clinicians have certain ethical obligations. But of course JP will make this as political as possible and personal as possible.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura He isn't a clinical therapist anymore though, is he? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Probably his tweets trolling trans folk and shaming fat women. 

I haven't seen any of his tweets but from what I have seen of him regarding his views, on transgenders at least, he seems to have a valid opinion that deserves political attention. 

I would like to know the reasoning the university uses.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Idk

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'd like to see the point of policy that the board are using to try to revoke his license under.

Until then I'm reserving judgment.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I would like to know the reasoning the university uses.

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

I'd like to see the point of policy that the board are using to try to revoke his license under.

Until then I'm reserving judgment.

Ya, both fair. 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Probably his tweets trolling trans folk and shaming fat women.

I think it was something like a critique against the Trudeau government. 

Something like him saying Trudeau is a 14 year old psychologically or something. 

Which still... I mean c'mon.  That's bogus.  

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not very professional for a licensed therapist.

This is also valid... Some of the stuff he's posted has seemed to me to be quite reactionary.  

But like, still... If people don't like his views, don't go to him for therapy.  Shouldn't mean revoking his license just cuz he has differing political opinions and such.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I don't understand why Jordan Peterson thinks that what he's doing and saying is worth the risk of undermining his own career.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Probably his tweets trolling trans folk and shaming fat women. Not very professional for a licensed therapist.

Professional clinicians have certain ethical obligations. But of course JP will make this as political as possible and personal as possible.

I get that he's not really a right-wing extremist and that he's a moderate conservative. 

So, if his views aren't that far to the right, then why is he going off the rails with all of his talk about the importance of conservatism, particularly when he is not even a politician or a political activist or a top expert in political science? I mean it's one thing to discuss about your own viewpoints and ideologies, but why he is bothering to try so hard to get his opinions across the world?

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I think it was something like a critique against the Trudeau government.

Highly doubt that.

Something like him saying Trudeau is a 14 year old psychologically or something. 

That's not him being admonished for political views, that's him being admonished for misuse of clinical diagnosis.

When you are a doctor you have certain rules you gotta follow. You can't go around using your doctor status and saying misinformed things. These profressions have ethics boards for good reason.

No one gives a shit about his political views, what's objected to is his use of his credentials and positions to spread disinformation and his overall unprofessional conduct. If I was a clinical therapist JP's social media activity would make me embarassed to call myself one. JP's tweets are more reactionary and unhunged than a high school girl on her period after a breakup.

The amount of bitching JP gets away with and even praised for is unbelievable.

Edited by Leo Gura

JP is unwell, and under a lot of stress. His mind is cluttered, he has an inflated self importance. He is angry and scared. He also thinks he is smarter and more intelligent than he is. He has a sense of needing to save the world. 

Him losing this credentials… would that matter now given his global fame anyway? He doesn’t make money teaching at a university or actually doing therapy. 

I also admit there’s still so much about society that is not clear to me. My opinions change as I continue to grow and recontextualize things. I can see his fears around certain things as valid actually. It’s complicated. I see and have multiple interpretations and I really don’t know. I can’t see him clearly and his views because I can’t see the whole picture clearly.

But, when I see him ranting, angry, triggered and reactionary I know he lacks what I want from a leader and teacher. I pay little attention now says. Though, benefitted from some of his early lectures. 

He has some form of cognitive ability, and passion. He also has in some ways a lot of love for people and the world. He’s a loving guy… to that degree he has some intelligence. I saw this love in his approach to encourage young men to rise up and honour their lives. But, he isn’t of the highest wisdom, purity, and Godliness that is for sure. 

Has a history of heavy drinking and depression and anxiety. This anxiety remains as he relies on medications some of which which almost recently killed him. This should also be a warning sign to those who follow that he has an unregulated and unstable mind and psyche. 

The fact that his early lectures rely a lot of symbology and Carl jung etc… he doesn’t know that much about reality, consciousness or even psychological matters in reality. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The benzo addiction fucked his brain up a little.  I think he went back into the spotlight a little too quickly after all of that.

15 hours ago, Florian said:

@Leo Gura He isn't a clinical therapist anymore though, is he? 

I haven't seen any of his tweets but from what I have seen of him regarding his views, on transgenders at least, he seems to have a valid opinion that deserves political attention. 

If he was Dave Chappelle he could say whatever he likes. Comedy is a great position to speak freely. But even Chappelle had his problems. Oh world.

48 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

The benzo addiction fucked his brain up a little.

He was basically the same pre-benzos. He's always been a consistently neurotic ego.

Edited by Leo Gura

His goal was never to make you happy, but to make you as paranoid as him.

To feel healthy a sick man needs the whole world to share his sickness :D

Edited by Leo Gura

@Socrates

If you had stared long enough into the abyss as Jordan has, only to see Leo staring back at you. You too would break down in tears and pull out your glock bucko. 

@Leo Gura

You should be paranoid with all these bloody neo marxists about. Also don't call him lonely that's mean. 

1618402533710.jpg

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

His goal was never to make you happy, but to make you as paranoid as him.

To feel healthy a sick man needs the whole world to share his sickness :D

What is he afraid of?

Edited by Hardkill

23 minutes ago, bloomer said:

You should be paranoid with all these bloody neo marxists about. Also don't call him lonely that's mean. 

1618402533710.jpg

This is definitive proof that Jordan Peterson isn't lonely, as you can see that he is surrounded by many anime girls to keep him company. Checkmate, libtards.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho