Jannes

I can’t remember names

13 posts in this topic

I can’t remember names, I can’t remember street names, I can’t remember country locations, I can’t remember popular stars, I can’t remember song lyrics, I can’t remember the name of the buns that I am selling..
It’s not that my brain is disfuntional. For example I learned all Pokémon names, stats, attacks in no time or can learn the really necessary stuff like everybody else because I see it as something important. But I just can’t learn most of the stuff above because I am so incredible uninterested in it. It was always like that. I wanted to learn about the nature of reality and was always well aware that the labels aren’t the real thing. 
Does anybody have similar experiences?

In your head, repeat the name, and over enunciate the first and last syllable of the name you want to remember.

Max Huberman recommended it

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

9 minutes ago, Jannes said:

I can’t remember names, I can’t remember street names, I can’t remember country locations, I can’t remember popular stars, I can’t remember song lyrics, I can’t remember the name of the buns that I am selling..
It’s not that my brain is disfuntional. For example I learned all Pokémon names, stats, attacks in no time or can learn the really necessary stuff like everybody else because I see it as something important. But I just can’t learn most of the stuff above because I am so incredible uninterested in it. It was always like that. I wanted to learn about the nature of reality and was always well aware that the labels aren’t the real thing. 

Make an effort to look someone in the eye and remember their name. Just place it in memory. Simple right?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 @Ulax I can remember the names of important people in my life. 

My point was that I am amazed of how little names of people or things I remember because I don’t care about it. And I wonder if it’s because of a higher state of consciousness in which I see things more abstract and less specific which would lead to not being able to name everything or if I am just having brain fog ?.

Edited by Jannes

@Jannes Oh, My mistake.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Ehh I am not good with names and I have no desire too either, I meet too many people on a day to day basis lol. It's fine you'll eventually remember the names of those you deal with more frequently.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Happens to me all the time lol

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes it is hard to remember specific. I would say when someone tells you their name repeat it to them outloud and consciously. Since my awakening time has been really hard to keep track of because like names dates of the week are constructs. I never know what day or week it is as its not stored inside of my mind anymore like a name of some random person I just met. I just check if I have to work tommorow and then its out of my mind.

Edited by Hojo

I don't remember names very well either. I think I can break down the logic. 

When I remember the name of someone, its function is basically that it serves as placeholder for a certain person/character/personality/human being. If its my first time meeting you, and you tell me your name, I basically know absolutely nothing about you aside from your name. This renders the function of a name useless, because all I have is a random arbitrary name with no character or personality behind it, because I don't know you well enough, so I think my brain instantly renders it as insignificant and instead puts all its focus on learning who you actually are as a person first, because I truly believe that's more important.

What always happens is that a while after knowing someone, I'll be like, "hey that guy was pretty cool, I should ask for his name now so I can remember it". And then, if they didn't really leave an impression on me, I probably won't ask.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

14 hours ago, Jannes said:

The less memory you have, the easier it to leave attachments

If you want to remember someone's name imagine them shaking hands with someone you have known previously who has the same name as them. Imagine is 3 times to strengthen it. 

Hey Johannes

Depending on your personality type this could be perfectly normal. Do you remember unimportant details more?

I used to have about the same level of disinterest in the external world and didn't remember exact labels either.

Edited by meta_male

@Jannes Me too. But I can remember their behavior, actions by instantly imagining them in my mind (not in spiritual sense). And that might lead me in some way remembering their name.