bazera

What do you guys think about all fruit diet?

44 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Roy How much? 30 minutes?

Yeah 20-30 is good. It's a small enough time to fit into your schedule somewhere but not so much it takes away from everything else.

Don't hurt yourself in the 30 minutes, just get a steady pace going that you can keep up for most of it. While taking a minute rest or two to rehydrate.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Put some raw egg in your orange juice occasionally. You will eventually notice that orange juice without egg is less satisfying to the body. You can feel it.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

@Eyowey Why? ? Won't that make it taste bad?

@Roy What about weight training? I read in the book called "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" that if you want more fat burn you should prioritize weight lifting. But I'm not sure if I agree with that or not. 

As the author wrote, ideally you should do both, but weight lifting is more important.

6 hours ago, bazera said:

What about weight training?

It's up to you sure. Cardio is free, and takes less time and energy. If you strictly want to lose weight I'd prioritize that.

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 4.1.2023 at 9:19 PM, bazera said:

What do you guys think of this? How healthy is it?

A bit extreme but could be a good option for losing weight, especially if you like to open the morning with four mangoes.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

22 hours ago, bazera said:

@Asayake Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Right now I'm trying to lose 45 pounds. I've read in multiple books that reducing my carb intake to 50-100 grams a day will help me with that because I won't generate as much insulin and fat storage will be emptied easier. I am also trying to not eat more than 1800 calories a day (I'm a 27 years old male, 180cm in height, so maintenance calories are like 2600, and I'm doing a deficit).

I plan to do that for 3 months. But 50-100 carbs are a bit harder to sustain, and on most days I eat 100-150g carbs.

Do you think that after I lose this weight and I get back to the maintenance calories, the chances of me getting that weight back on become higher?

The main problem with this from my point of view is that reducing carbs will reduce your motivation and your ability to train and recover. Consistent cardio is a good idea if you want to lose weight and eating more carbs is going to make that process more enjoyable and sustainable. It's not as simple as carbs increasing insulin which leads to weight gain, that's just one side of the coin. Carbs have other functions that are important for weight loss as well. Firstly, they enable you to excercise more and get more stuff done which will increase the amount of fat you burn. Blood sugar spikes will plummet your cortisol and high cortisol levels is what fucks with your ability to recover fast after training. High cortisol puts the body in a survival mode where it will try to pack on belly fat because food seems scarce, rather than try to recover. And it will screw with your sleep quality, which will impact your hormone levels negatively and make it harder to lose fat. It will also weaken your immune system which will possibly result in more off time from training. Carbs fill numerous important functions in the body, no matter if you're trying to lose weight or gain weight.

Also, high protein foods too cause raised insulin in the same fashion as sugar. So the question is, if we're cutting out carbs to e.g. increase chicken/meat or something like this, what are we doing? We're giving the body less readily available energy so it's forced to run on cortisol and in the long run it has detrimental health effects. Those high protein foods are the most anabolic because they will not give you energy to get shit done like carbs will, they will just contribute to growing body mass. Fat doesn't cause an insulin increase but it's not a good energy source(takes 5+ hours to convert to energy). If you eat carbs and want to start out your day taking a run, you just eat a jar of canned fruit in syrup or a couple of bananas or a liter of Orange Juice and off you go.

100-150g of carbs is very low, keep that in mind. You can easily burn that off on a run or cycling and then you'll be out of readily available energy for the day and you'll be running on cortisol, there's a difference in how you feel and function. But I think you should try whatever you think is best and see for yourself how things work. You can try cutting down the carbs and if it's not working well for you that's a lesson learned. If it works out for you that's great too, just keep being aware of how it is making you feel as well. If you're going to stay calorie restricting for 3 months it's important that you feel good while you're doing it, It's probably not worth losing 45 pounds if you're feeling worse by the day and struggling to get by. Losing 45 pounds shouldn't feel like doing military service in Afghanistan. It should be harder than chilling on your sofa all day, but if you're struggling big time to maintain your restriction it's likely too big to be sustainable and you should try reducing your restriction by adding in more carbs. If you notice your stress levels are increasing you should up the carb intake, and make the calorie deficit smaller. Keep in mind  that the fastest route to the goal is often not the best route. It's tempting to have a big calorie deficit to try and drop weight quickly but that might teach you a tough lesson, which is probably unavoidable either way in life, but that's the best advice I can give you. 

The optimal diet is a lot of fruit, roots, nuts, leaves, and insects and occassionally meat. Bare foot tree climbing is the optimal exercise for maximising ions.

Most of the fruits sold in supermarket now have been optimized to provide tons of sweetness. That means lots of sugar. And while you may think fruits are healthy when they contains fiber, vitamins and other minerals, they cannot also be unhealthy, leading to diabetes.

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

And while you may think fruits are healthy when they contains fiber, vitamins and other minerals, they cannot also be unhealthy, leading to diabetes.

You would struggle to find any evidence of such claim. Fruits are pretty much unanimously associated with the improvement of diabetes or reduced risk of it and the association is extremely linear, the more fruit people eat, the less likely they are to become diabetic. Even with dried fruits, there is a weak but protective association. Fruit juices can be problematic tho in excess. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

This diet is: 

- High Sugar 

- Low (close to zero) Fat and Protein 

- Generally low in micronutrients 

- Macronutrients is ofcourse mainly fructose  

My Conclusion: 

- Probably really unhealthy long term 

- Probably detrimental to your health actually long-term 

- Could be healthy do as a "Fast" or "Cleanse" from other foods, short-term 

- I would in this case reccomend it in combination with intermiddent fasting. For example only eating calories between 10 am and 6 pm for example. This way your body will naturally burn fat. This can be done on any diet and is hughly reccomended for losing fat. 

@jedimasters Is there any specific reason for why you are on that diet currently? 

I want to try something similar this year, to test how it affects my autoimmune condition.

@bazera Hey, I am not on this diet. And I doubt I will ever do it. Except if I was trying a fruit only cleanse for a few days. 

Leo used intermiddent fasting and carnivore diet to heal his autoimmune disease.

I feel amazing eating fruits but it's un sustainable. I struggle to keep my weight with grains, nuts, veggies, fish, occasional meat and fruits. I'll pop out of existence with only fruits. There's just not enough calories for a reasonable volume. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Terrible idea. This would not only increase inflammation in your body but your blood sugar would be all out of wack. Steve Job's pancreatic cancer became aggressively worse due to this diet.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, bazera said:

Hey,

I just found out that there are people who only eat fruit and nothing else.

There is also a YouTube channel from that type of guy:

https://www.youtube.com/@TheFreeMelonSociety

What do you guys think of this? How healthy is it?

Maybe it's worth trying in case of some autoimmune diseases. But I worry about a lack of protein intake and too much sugar. This just doesn't seem natural.

I reccomend giving it a shot temporarily, getting a comprehensive blood-lab simply to see if any adjustments may be necessary.

I think the idea is not a pleasant nor beneficial one unless it is a fasting technique of some sort(fruit has sugar so we can exclude that logical chain of thought).

Edited by Aiwass

It makes no sense not to eat veggies.

However healthy an all-fruit diet is, a fruit+veggie diet will be healthier.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It makes no sense not to eat veggies.

However healthy an all-fruit diet is, a fruit+veggie diet will be healthier 

Root veggies have defensive chemicals and are not intended to be eaten 

7 minutes ago, joeyi99 said:

Root veggies have defensive chemicals and are not intended to be eaten

Pretty sure humans have been surviving off roots since day 1.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I love the idea of this diet! It feels so harmonious. Just eating what plants give you. No killing of plant or animal life. The unfortunate reality is you are missing a lot of essential nutrients if all you eat is fruit. Not a good diet. You'd need like 100 supplements.

I always make sure to include fruits in my diet, but eating only fruits? I don't think I could handle it. A balanced diet is key for me and I also allow myself a few cheat days.