Rinne

Leo, something better than onenote

23 posts in this topic

Leo, i dont know where i heard you say, but i heard you say you found something better than onenote. Would you mind sharing what that thing is?

Would appreciate it. 

I don't remember ever saying that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh ok. I thought i did. Do you still use onenote as your main commonplace?

5 minutes ago, Rinne said:

Do you still use onenote as your main commonplace?

Yes

@Leo Gura if i may, do you have any thoughts on obsidian in regards to bein a commonplace book or have you decided it is not worth looking into it?

22 minutes ago, Haribo said:

@Leo Gura if i may, do you have any thoughts on obsidian in regards to bein a commonplace book or have you decided it is not worth looking into it?

I looked at it. Seems needlessly complicated for my needs.

I like to keep things simple so that the focus is the content, not the software.

Edited by Leo Gura

i switched to notion from onenote. but i mean onenote is pretty goated.  but i thnk notion has more potential  

notion has the problem of not being future proof, the company can simply decide to trash all your notes.

Also last i checked it doesn’t work offline, so there is that limitation as well.

Although i have to admit the functionalities are neat.

@Leo Gurain your video about commonplacebook you say you will make a book from Epistimology Book tab. Any plan to relase your books?

Don't use onenote if you're typing classified stuff. I was typing some edgy stuff and all of my notebooks were locked. It said I don't have permission to open them. I contacted microsoft and they dodged my question and wanted to know my name.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

I use craft for professional work "second brain" and onenote for personal life. 

Onenote has bugs and is hard to export.

Notion is way better. Everybody uses notion and you should, too.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

For me I've been stuck to Evernote because I really like the feature of being able to use typing on your phone. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Try Simplenote, it’s wonderfully simple.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:18 AM, KH2 said:

@Leo Gura What is your purpose, right now, currently, for using a big knowledge/note self-made database, how are you using it nowadays? I know many years ago you used to use it as basically offline version of Wikipedia, but now that you don't really care that much about remembering things, and you're not firmly focused on chasing and hoarding knowledge, then what's the reason?

Is it just purely journaling tool, a way to collect your thoughts, the way to collect all your awakening experiences?

How much has common place book contributed to your overall success in life?

I don't add to my commonplace book much any more. I have transcended my need for it at this point. I mostly use it to take notes/quotes for the book I plan to write.