bloomer

Why do you work?

43 posts in this topic

On 07/01/2023 at 8:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

You ARE society. Society cannot do anything unless you create it first.

Some day you need to realize that society owes you nothing, not even life.

I will be meditating on this.

@Leo Gura

On 1/7/2023 at 9:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

Society rewards you with many things which you are too ignorant to understand or appreciate.

Nobody is stopping you from creating massive value. You are just too incompetent to do so. And your political narratives are just an excuse from confronting your own incompentence.

What has society been rewarding me with?

Many people and institutions are deliberately stopping me and people like me from producing value. The reasons for my incompetence is in part a result of this. My political narratives are based in reality. Narratives you did not address.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

You ARE society. Society cannot do anything unless you create it first.

Some day you need to realize that society owes you nothing, not even life.

I am a PART of society I am NOT society. I understand intuitive but I'm not delusional enough to think that I can have a major effect on society as a whole. 

If society does not owe people life or anything that what is the purpose of society? Society should provide benefit to people. 

On 1/7/2023 at 5:11 AM, KH2 said:

I'm not saying society owes me anything, just saying that a lot of people can't really have, learn and fullfill their life purpose. So it's not surprising that they feel unfulfilled in life

It is a mistake to focus on what most people can have or do. Focus on what you can do.

52 minutes ago, bloomer said:

@Leo Gura

What has society been rewarding me with?

Life

Many people and institutions are deliberately stopping me and people like me from producing value.

No one is actually stopping you from producing value. People and institutions hardly care about you or know you exist.

If society does not owe people life or anything that what is the purpose of society? Society should provide benefit to people. 

Society will do whatever you create it to do.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We work and we create things because without it there wouldn't be anything. Society is just a concept that we all participate in. You could be wandering a forest in a loin cloth trying to chase down a deer, or eating some berries that may or not be poisonous, but who cares cause you gotta eat right?

Of course the system can suck, and have corruption and exploitation going on it. There are no guarantees, we are figuring it out as we go. However there are a lot of good things as well, you are just blind to them because you are conditioned and take them for granted.

Society is this massive thing with plenty of different parts within it, and there are different kinds of societies all over the world. Instead of having a shitty pessimistic outlook perhaps take some responsibility to find your place within it that you will enjoy most, instead of damning the entire thing. Better yet! You can actually use your energy, motivation, and skills to CREATE a place in society that you like.

Ultimately though you are only going to get from people what you convince them to give you. Whether that's money, services, or products. You can either do this fairly or in a scummy way. Anyone can sit there and play mental gymnastics and make excuses until the end of time, but quite simply you are only going to get what you give from the world.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I work because I'm not ready to give up the lifestyle I have and live with only the basics like a tent and tinned food?‍♀️

I recently started a job which is a lot better than all of my older ones, and gives me more time off, so it feels like a huge improvement.

I think if I didn't work at all, I'd get very bored, but in an ideal situation, I'd be working for myself.

Sometimes work does feels like a massive scam though, to spend such a large part of your time raking in cash for someone else, but I try to think of it as the payment to access the world of regular society. You have to play your part in doing what needs to be done, even when you don't want to. Otherwise you don't get all the good parts you like indulging in.

I think a major reason behind current day moaning over work is a lack of meaning. Many of us in the modern western world have surpassed base materialistic needs and want a greater connection with what is most meaningful to them. Most people are brought up with security around food, shelter and such. So just working to live isn't good enough for many. 

jobs are made for stupid boomer so if you don´t give them something to do 8h every day  they dont´know what to do and spend the day watching tv and sleeping and get depressed; in  high middle ages people only worked around 4-6h per day and half of the days of the year were for celebration or rest.

now there is a new generation that grew in the globlized world of the internet and does not find meaning anymore in doing robotic activities, there you have things like the Great Resignation

Edited by RedLine

I have been living not working for like a year now and I’m definitely never bored nor do I miss work. But I consider going back because I miss the thrill of saving and investing money to eventually buy a badass house and live with even more passive income. But that’s kinda just a hamster wheel. I feel I could live “poor” in a place as long as I’m by nature and have good food and people around me. Btw. Poor doesn’t mean scraping by it means living on like 1K/2K/ Mo in South America, which, there is pretty high end. 

I don’t want to spend my youth working, when I can optimize my avatar and live in a restful state. 

On 07/01/2023 at 10:32 PM, Gidiot said:

the need to create massive value is very materialistic, as if you could measure it objectively and quantify for each individual

No one said you have to measure it objectively. Of course value will be very subjective. Some people will value what you do a little, some will not value it at all. But some people will place huge value on what you do. You just have to find those people and figure out how to help them even more.

If you are not willing to do that, why should society hand out extra rewards to you?

@Gidiot

On 1/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, Gidiot said:

society doesnt owe me anything, but in turn neither do I owe it anything.

Very based. The social contract is a myth. When it doesn't benefit society it owes you nothing when it does benefit society you owe it everything. It's a scam. Shouldn't the very basis of the moral foundation of the use of force in society predicated upon the "social contract" be an actual fucking contract we can sign? You know why it's not? Because it's all a fucking SCAM.

@Leo Gura

On 1/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

It is a mistake to focus on what most people can have or do. Focus on what you can do.

I'm doing this more and more and realize that focusing on others is a mistake. 

Comparison is the thief of joy

Life

That's just everyone pursuing their own interests. 

Society will do whatever you create it to do.

That's not society, that's ME. 

@Roy

On 1/8/2023 at 10:14 PM, Roy said:

We work and we create things because without it there wouldn't be anything. Society is just a concept that we all participate in. You could be wandering a forest in a loin cloth trying to chase down a deer, or eating some berries that may or not be poisonous, but who cares cause you gotta eat right?

You don't even have the option to do this. To not participate in society. The loin cloth lifestyle is becoming more and more appealing everyday. This was a good video I watched the other day on the subject.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:14 PM, Roy said:

Ultimately though you are only going to get from people what you convince them to give you. Whether that's money, services, or products. You can either do this fairly or in a scummy way. Anyone can sit there and play mental gymnastics and make excuses until the end of time, but quite simply you are only going to get what you give from the world.

No scum are those who are rewarded in this society and that's what demotivates me to care when I see who we collectively venerate, reward and praise. 

@katewashere

On 1/10/2023 at 8:52 PM, katewashere said:

I think if I didn't work at all, I'd get very bored, but in an ideal situation, I'd be working for myself.

Isn't it sad that we're compelled to work jobs we hate, not only to avoid the tent tinned food lifestyle but because we'd be so utterly bored with life if we weren't forced to work? Personally I can entertain myself just fine without being compelled to work shitty meaningless jobs. 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:52 PM, katewashere said:

You have to play your part in doing what needs to be done, even when you don't want to. Otherwise you don't get all the good parts you like indulging in.

This is a better way to look at it that I'm gonna start thinking instead. Thanks

@RedLine

On 1/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, RedLine said:

there you have things like the Great Resignation

Which is reasonable to me honestly. 

@universe

On 1/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, universe said:

why should society hand out extra rewards to you?

It doesn't have to do that. Just don't keep me prisoner and force me to pay taxes for foreign and domestic wars so our pedophile overlords can make more money. 

1 hour ago, bloomer said:

No scum are those who are rewarded in this society and that's what demotivates me to care when I see who we collectively venerate, reward and praise. 

Why do you care if other people reward scum? You should only care about what YOU are doing.

Stop worrying about what other people are doing and trying to control them, you are only holding yourself back and causing the symptoms of why you feel exactly the way you do.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Some reframing. One day I use to use a lot of " we" and "they" and "you" when most of the times I realised I was talking about me but the reality was so frustrating that I decided unconsciously to use "we", "most people" or "you" to subtly avoid connecting my discurse to myself. Is a strategy. But most often fail.

Why would I support a society that rewards me  with nothing.

Life is for enjoying. Not for slaving away for a shit system designed ( by who?)  to exploit me  and entrap me in endless debt so I am forced to work for the  banking political elite. It's modern day feudalism. They siphon all the tax money to themselves, bail out their friends award subsidizes to their buddies, line their pockets when hard workers in construction, agriculture, factories etc… struggle to get by with broken backs. Just because I didn't get a college degree doesn't mean I should have to break my back and suffer indignities for a barely liveable salary for the rest of my life

i demand that Shit needs to change. Only the wealthy get to enjoy life and their money makes them money.

Where I  just work as slave to make them wealthier. The only carrot they have is the bare minimum pittance to keep the work horse prodding along and that's no longer working. Obviously I cant expect to make six figures doing customer service or some other low level entry bullshit ass job.
BUT STILL the conditions are worse now and fucking boomers flipping burgers as teens made enough money PART-TIME at the minimum wage to rent two-bedroom apartments. Working full-time today requires me to have roommates at best. There is no "just work harder!" solution.

Civilisation has dangled the carrot in front of the worker mules for so long that it forgot to give the mules some basic feed to keep it going.

Just because society is fucked and there is no carrot, instead an endless stick, whacking people and burying them in debt.

When I  complain about having to work also I never seem to want to do anything else meaningful in my life.

Neets always brag about being able to sit around and play video games but never talk about doing anything to improve their lives with all of their free time. Just seems like wasting their lifes in a different form, out of spite and laziness. I  shouldn't be some bum wasting my life on bullshit.

I should work, and when I  work I  should do  because I  enjoy what I do, and  to support a necessary and important industry. Obviously being good at my job and like most things if I am good at something I  enjoy doing ,that gives me an immense sense of satisfaction on a daily basis. 

Work is good, what isn't good is being exploited and working for a shit system. Going without the important satisfaction of being competent and skilled in a job can cause a lot of distress. But when working hard gets you nowhere. You earn your living, and the cost of living keeps outpacing your earnings. Owning a house goes from a couple years away to out of reach in a very short period time. It's rational to be demotivated. It's also rational to sidestep the scam that is college education.

@Rafael Thundercat

16 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

leo-quote-selfishness-is-not-a-mistake-01.png

I really like this quote. I'm taking it and gonna do some more thinking about it. 

@Rafael Thundercat

Also why are you just quoting me back to me here? lol

17 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

I do work to survive to work into the trancendence of survival. In in between I enjoy the ride.

It's hard to enjoy the ride when you're tired and defeated from the stress of work. Instead you just want to sedate yourself before you have to face work again.

On 1/18/2023 at 0:24 AM, Roy said:

Why do you care if other people reward scum? You should only care about what YOU are doing.

I care because it demotivates me. Why should I care to participate if the system is fundamentally broken? If winning the game means that I'll likely have to be a bad person?

On 1/18/2023 at 0:24 AM, Roy said:

Stop worrying about what other people are doing and trying to control them, you are only holding yourself back and causing the symptoms of why you feel exactly the way you do.

Isn't the fact that society rewards scum, a rational reason to hold yourself back from participation?

@Rafael Thundercat

Actually will watch this over the weekend. Something I've been struggling with as of late. Been posting in here bout it. Thanks for the vid

I hate to work in the current work culture, I hate that it steals so many hours from my day, draining, inflexible, toxic, exploitive. 

I think that working is part of being a human. The work itself isn't the issue as much as the type of work we do.

I see 3 types of work:

1. There is the basic work that we must do in order to survive as humans like self care and grooming, growing/hunting/collecting food, cooking, cleaning, having a shelter and maintaining it, growing a baby, taking care of our loved ones (tribe, familiy, community), taking care of domestic animals etc.

2. The type of work which is playful, spontaneous, meaningful, intresting, creative, something we are passionate about, give us the 'flow' state and give us satisfaction, self expression, self actualization, sense of growth. 

3. The type of work which is more like a slavery (in various degrees- let's say the ancient illegal type of slavery is the most extreme and the corporate type of slavery is more "light"), something more disciplined, that we don't want or enjoy to do at the moment, something that we have do and follow, something that gives us a very small window for individuality, something monotonous, dull, conventional, ordinary, stressful, exhausting.

People spend too much time on the 3rd type of work which is the most common hence why there is a huge mental health problem. In more developed countries, type 2 and type 3 are merged in many business and workplaces because there is more emphasis and talk about meaning and personal development in the workplace. Still, most people in the developed countries hate their work because of the type 3 aspects of it. Type 3 kind of work is the most dominant and it doesn't have to be that way because it based on wrong assumptions about humans and human nature. There should be balance between the 3 types of work in order to maintain a healthy and happy society. The balance should be about 40%-50% type 1, 40%-50% type 2, 10%-20% type 3. 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

Coz your consciousness is not yet ready or want heavenly realms and co-creating this with other minds (or maybe it is), so you are in world of duality and limitations instead of being the full Godly being you are. That said earth will also ascend to "heaven" if enough minds awaken and change.

Right now just try to take joy in raising your own consciousness and be that anchor for others. Even if you don't become some spiritual teacher your presence affect the consciousness around you.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。