Proserpina

What's The Difference Between Presence and I Exist?

11 posts in this topic

I'm trying to grasp "I Exist".  I've already sort of grasped Presence and feel deep bliss from Presence when I meditate.  I'm assuming that "I Exist" is when you 'turn around' and look at your ego or lack therefore of when in a meditative state of presence and notice that you exist, notice your "I AM-ness".  I feel a distinct sense of beingness when I 'turn around'.  It is the true Self, I think.  Presence is the extension of the true Self. 

Honestly I would just be content with the bliss of Presence without grasping "I Exist" for the rest of my life. 

Excerpt from Bentinho Massaro's Trinfinity Academy about the difference between "I Exist" and "Presence". 

And so, as you keep doing this exercise with different objects (of all sizes and structures, including the sky, planet Earth, your own body, the chair you’re sitting on, and finally that delicious-looking cooked meal), you start to see the same Beingness that you feel as “I Exist” reverberating inside of—and as—the objects of perception.

Your Presence Is Not Separate from Life’s Presence

Remember in Lesson 1, where you started to glimpse and realize the energy of (your) existence, that conscious I-AM-Presence? Well, in this lesson, you will see how that Presence extends to include not just your own consciousness, but the entirety of creation.

By applying the “seeing exercise” introduced at the start of this lesson, and by choosing the second way of looking at things directly, you will be able to see that same Beingness—that same Is-ness you feel as your Self—extended out into the rest of yourself—the world that you have assumed to be “out there.”

Feeling the presence of your own existence, and that of Existence itself, are not two different sensations or realizations. There is no boundary separating you from All-That-Is. You, and everything else, are the same one Beingness!

And so, more and more, as you proceed through these courses, you start to realize there never was an “out there;” there is only “inside” (or as) Presence-Consciousness.

All There Is, everything within creation, shares the same Is-ness. It is all-inclusive and all-pervasive.

Imagine a void, a nothingness—an infinity within which Presence appears as a cloud of pure, raw, creative energy (Presence-Energy). Within this cloud or sphere of Intelligent Presence-Energy, myriad forms are created, because Presence-Energy can express itself as infinite forms, shapes, sizes, dimensions, times, spaces, and so on. However, All-That-Is, Everything-That-Exists, is made out of this Presence-Energy and is simultaneously contained within it; anything that exists appears inside of this Presence-Energy, as part of its own self-expression.

This means there is nothing inside of this Presence-Creation that consists of something from outside of this Presence-Energy.

There is no substance other than this Presence-Energy—which is the entirety of Creation.

Thus, all experiences are made out of Presence/Beingness/Is-ness. And you can start to directly experience this truth by tuning into the actual presence of an object, space, time, reality, or location, while ignoring your conditioned mind’s mental suggestions.

Explanation/Philosophy

If everything is the same being, why does it all look so different?

Let’s jump ahead a little, just for a moment. It’s okay if you don’t fully or immediately understand this; it will all become much clearer for you once you get to the courses under the Infinity teaching. For now, I just want to plant a seed and give it time to germinate before you reach the Infinity teaching. So, just relax the need to “get it,” and let it do its thing.

Presence-Consciousness—or simply put: Presence—is the expression (the presence) of The Absolute, The Infinite One.

The Infinite One in its original “stateless state” cannot—though it desires to—directly experience itself. It cannot directly experience itself because it is One and therefore has no reference point to experience itself from, or in relationship to.

The One is beyond experiencing. Beyond and before even Awareness.

You need two before experience—and therefore self-awareness—can occur.

In order for Awareness, or free agency, to come into full experiential beingness, there has to be a palpable differentiation of some kind. Since the One cannot experience itself from its own stateless state, it needs to experience itself through contrast, through an “other”—just as you need a mirror to see your own face.

And so the Absolute, out of its infinite possibilities, birthed Creation (Presence-Energy), and in the face of Presence the Infinite One could start to see its true, original infiniteness.

Over “time” (seemingly), Creation’s expression expanded and developed into countless forms, dimensions, perceptions, and perceivers. It is the role of Presence-Consciousness—its “job,” if you will—to express Infinity in all the ways that it possibly can.

Think about it (but not for too long): experience is a finite concept, so how does Presence-Energy express true Infinity by means of experience? It can only attempt this (impossible) goal by expressing experiences in as many ways as it possibly can, in order to even approach the reality of true Infinity by means of experience.

This explains why Creation is so varied in its expression—because its underlying drive is to express and reflect the Absolute, True Infinity. Hence, even though there is only one basic substance in all of Creation, Presence-Energy can express itself in infinite ways and appear as anything.

What is important to take away from this, for now, is that no matter what form, no matter what particular signature-vibration a particular object has (size, weight, color, dimension, molecular structure, etc.), all of these specifications that are part of an object’s unique vibration are still made out of Presence-Energy: The Absolute’s way of expressing itself.

???????

I think I figured it out.  "I Exist" is the same as presence.  I've just created a separation in my mind. I am Bliss. 

Your Presence Is Not Separate from Life’s Presence

Remember in Lesson 1, where you started to glimpse and realize the energy of (your) existence, that conscious I-AM-Presence? Well, in this lesson, you will see how that Presence extends to include not just your own consciousness, but the entirety of creation.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

4 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

I think I figured it out.  "I Exist" is the same as presence.  I've just created a separation in my mind. I am Bliss. 

Exactly!!! Great job!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

18 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Exactly!!! Great job!!

Thanks! :)

???????

So the signareture feeling i feel of another other is what they are(feel)?am i talking gibberish

Edited by Slizzer

Of course they are identical.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In a mystical experience, I had the realization that an angel or an enlightened being has both the realization of "I Exist" (Life) and "Presence" (Love).  They are the same, but yet there is a distinction.  You can tell the difference between someone who has had the proper realization of "I Exist" and not the realization of "Presence". Basically, you are floating in a sea of bliss (Presence - that includes the body) as a bubble of Bliss (I Exist).  They are identical but there is a distinction when you bring it down to earth.  Maybe I just need to burn through the karma of this, 'defrag'.  "I Exist" will give off an energy of 'Godhood', Greatness, Splendour, Beauty, and larger-than-life energy that demands respect and admiration.  They will inexplicably radiate warmth but will lack the warmth of "Presence". "Presence" is love, breath, and life-giving energy.  You need both realizations.  Masculine tends to have "I Exist", and Feminine tends to have "Presence".  

???????

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. It is easier to realize God within than to realize God without. Solipsism is only a step toward enlightenment. It is all seamless presence, expressed through a multitude of forms, like an infinite kaleidoscope of colors, shapes, and movements, but the same beingness transcends and is within it all.

In order for Awareness, or free agency, to come into full experiential beingness, there has to be a palpable differentiation of some kind. Since the One cannot experience itself from its own stateless state, it needs to experience itself through contrast, through an “other”—just as you need a mirror to see your own face.

It is true that God cannot experience itself from the stateless state, but I feel it is still ultimately aware without requiring experience as a mirror. Philosophers fall into this Subject-Object conceptual trap, without realizing that the Mystery cannot be comprehended by the human mind and is beyond logic. The cosmos comes and goes, but God is still aware. It is spiritual light, which is the fundamental substance of awareness. If God was unaware in ultimate reality, how could it extend a mirror through creation in order to see itself? Without awareness, there could be no free will, and God is infinitely free.

Then again, I have only realized God within the cosmos and when I seek to see myself beyond, it remains a Mystery. One of my favorite passages from any spiritual text:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things. Ever desireless, one can see the mystery. Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations. These two spring from the same source but differ in name; this appears as darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gate to all mystery.

- Tao Te Ching

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Proserpina Of course what most spiritual groupies parrot as "presence" is nothing even close to Awakening.

Nevertheless, in your highest Awakening what you'll realize is that presence is Absolute Consciousness/Existence/Truth. It's really just a matter of depth of consciousness of what presence is. There are many, many degrees to it.

If you take what an ordinary human calls "presence" and you focus on it so hard that you become 100000x more conscious of it, what you'll realize is that it is Absolute Infinity. At which point you'll stop calling it "presence" and start calling it something like Infinity, Absolute Truth, or I.

You exist. That's all.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. It is easier to realize God within than to realize God without. Solipsism is only a step toward enlightenment. It is all seamless presence, expressed through a multitude of forms, like an infinite kaleidoscope of colors, shapes, and movements, but the same beingness transcends and is within it all.

It is true that God cannot experience itself from the stateless state, but I feel it is still ultimately aware without requiring experience as a mirror. Philosophers fall into this Subject-Object conceptual trap, without realizing that the Mystery cannot be comprehended by the human mind and is beyond logic. The cosmos comes and goes, but God is still aware. It is spiritual light, which is the fundamental substance of awareness. If God was unaware in ultimate reality, how could it extend a mirror through creation in order to see itself? Without awareness, there could be no free will, and God is infinitely free.

Then again, I have only realized God within the cosmos and when I seek to see myself beyond, it remains a Mystery. One of my favorite passages from any spiritual text:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things. Ever desireless, one can see the mystery. Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations. These two spring from the same source but differ in name; this appears as darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gate to all mystery.

- Tao Te Ching

Being aware of a mirror and experiencing it is totally different. Notice how you said its a mystery. Why would you not assume that living a life for God is also a mystery. If it wasn't a mystery....we wouldn't be here discussing it lol. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

20 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Being aware of a mirror and experiencing it is totally different. Notice how you said its a mystery. Why would you not assume that living a life for God is also a mystery. If it wasn't a mystery....we wouldn't be here discussing it lol. 

I agree. My point was that God doesn't require creation in order to be aware. Creation comes and goes, but God is timelessly aware. Even when it realizes itself within creation, it is still the ultimately aware God choosing to become aware of itself within its creation. Like a master pulling the strings of its puppet, and pretending to be astonished at its amazing self. The master is  always aware. The puppet doesn't become aware of anything, only God within the puppet chooses to become aware of itself on the stage of its creation.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.