spiritual memes

Cessation vs God realization

91 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, vladorion said:

But there's a reason you have the body that you have and not a donkey body.

How the hell do you know?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The body is like a metaphor for what goes on in the mind.

If one does not change their mind, one keeps body birth-death-ing. Not reincarnation per se though. Body birth-death now.

Same with genes btw. Just a metaphor. It all happens in the mind. None of it affects the mind.

To put it simply, genes is just a thought. Belief.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Many of them do.

Do you have any evidence for that?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If psychiatric conditions have genetic components, then spiritual giftedness surely has genetic components as well. It's not that hard, is it?

Try to find some common ground. I understand your POV. I perceive all events, factors, and components as within consciousness, as its projection in the process of self-discovery. I also believe; actually, I am sure, although I do not know why, that the only purpose of being human, of this experience, is the transcendence of all barriers assigned to it. It's not that there's anything wrong with being human with all its ramifications. It has to do with the level of enjoyment associated with the experience. As a passionate person by nature, I have often experienced how often passion becomes your prison through the meaning you give it. By how strongly you identify with something you love. You have to realize what you really love. In climbing, I love the feeling of lightness, hyper-kinesthetic awareness, and unity with nature. A dance where everything dances. This is the essence. All the rest, added by the mind, was one big neurosis over the years. It's like you love to race in rallying, and therefore you would never get out of your car because you always have to be uptight and ready to go. It's the same with being human. When you take this experience deadly seriously, with all its limitations and challenges, it becomes a cage very quickly. And you hunt for crumbs of joy as if it were something external to be caught and not let go.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem with your past lives theory is donkeys

Once during an intense Crystal Kriya meditation, I had the experience of being a bee collecting nectar inside a flower. Of all the experiences from the past, the future that somehow came up, this was by far the clearest. The feeling of being a super collective, not only in the hive mind sense but wholeness with nature, the cosmos, and life - was total and all-encompassing. In addition, I felt I was not the existence that creates ... I consider the experience of being an animal to be something lower in the hierarchy than being human is an anthropocentric misunderstanding. I am a great lover of animals and plants. I am much closer to them than to people. The interaction is always sincere and pure. And for now, only there am I capable of unconditional love. I love my dogs, cats, insects, fish, birds, and plants for no reason. Because they are. I don't want anything from them.

I often took animals hit by a car - deer, dogs - to the vet. Mostly they died in my car on my lap, sometimes on the side of the road before I could put them in the car. Several of my dogs have already passed away. Watching and participating in how animals die is a kind of mystery. All the magic of Eastern martial arts is based on this animal being and reacting here and now. There's a lot to learn. Besides, I'm betting that dolphins and whales enjoy life much more than the average person. It is enough to evolve not in opposition to the world but with it. Also, I stop using the term past life. This suggests that life is something you have and lose. Over and over again. It is only gathering experiences through the Life that You Are.
I suggest taking the example of dolphins more often and surfing as much as possible. :)

And a donkey's heart is great.;)

@Leo Guraisn't it possible that after one dies his dream goes on to another form within the dream without becoming the absolute? Can you please elaborate about the flaws of reincarnation into animals and back? Isn't it possible that this energy has a continuity? 

20 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@axiom that is only partly true. Not every story stays behind separation. Some separate, some unite..

There is what is, and there are stories.

Nothing can become more unified than it is already.

Apparently.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How the hell do you know?

Because nothing is random. Strange you don't understand this having had so many psychedelic trips.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

Because nothing is random. Strange you don't understand this having had so many psychedelic trips.

Ever heard of chaos theory?

How the hell would you know that nothing is random?

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

Ever heard of chaos theory?

He hasn't.  He's a rationalist and a man of logic.    But that is what will always keep him from waking up. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.