Someone here

Why there is no agreement and there is confusion about what is the trurh?

111 posts in this topic

say: the truth is the infinity, it is not the truth. the truth is to become infinite. It's not something you can imagine. it is beyond imagination. You have to break all the barriers that are giving you the appearance of finitude right now. you can understand it conceptually, but that is within the finite. doing so is like jumping off a cliff. you can think about it all you want, but either you jump or you don't jump. there is no middle ground. what you really are is infinite. do you want the truth? become infinite. 

@NoSelfSelf Everyone has to discover their own truth?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

say: the truth is the infinity, it is not the truth. the truth is to become infinite. It's not something you can imagine. it is beyond imagination. You have to break all the barriers that are giving you the appearance of finitude right now. you can understand it conceptually, but that is within the finite. doing so is like jumping off a cliff. you can think about it all you want, but either you jump or you don't jump. there is no middle ground. what you really are is infinite. do you want the truth? become infinite. 

I know infinity exists. It just means that something has no end.

We can estimate the number of miles to the sun or Jupiter or another solar system. But, we can’t estimate the number of miles to the end of the universe because there is no end. That is one example of infinity.

Numbers reach to infinity. No matter what number you think of, I can add 1 to that number. You can then add one more. And I can add one more. We never reach the end of numbers.

It is, understandably, a bit confusing, hard to wrap your mind around. Even mind boggling.

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

know infinity exists. It just means that something has no end.

becoming infinite is something that is not mental. it has to do with the energetic patterns that make up the structure of who you apparently are at this moment. These structures are iron, you cannot break them at will. You have to gradually weaken everything that feeds them, hoping that it will break, and use psychedelic, preferentially 5 meo.

You can know conceptually that the finite is appearance and that if you remove the limits the unlimited remains, it is logic. but it is very different to actually remove those limits.

@Someone here Yes that's the point there is no actual truth no scientist, no priest,no professor ever told you THE Truth, its all partial there is only one truth present moment...

So its your job yes to find your own truth and forget about truth where everything will be connected there is no such thing, but humans tried and i tried it always fails...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Someone here ofcourse you have to follow the laws and stuff(truths of society) other than that its free for all..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Someone here

Yes religions were quite correct. The kingdom of heaven is within so to speak but one must drop all beliefs on what they think they know as in fact that in the very obstacle from achieving liberation. Consciousness is infinite... so so so so infinite.... 

There is actually never an 'I'.. the 'I' you refer to is a seperate self which is created to maintain seperation from the wholeness that you are which is love/unity/oneness with all that there is. 

It took me a long time to realize that but there was never actually anyone to get enlightened or liberated so to speak as the 'I' did not even exist in the first place. 

Whatever is said the mind will try to conceptualize which is what religious teachings were pointing to. Absolute love can only be experienced and is only experienced within this very present moment. The mind likes to take concepts out of everything, basically going further away from truth.. 

I was suffering for an incredibly long time but the sufferer could not see the sufferer so to speak otherwise that would be the end of suffering.. When someone feels bad it is because that thought is not true of who they are. 

There is actually never anywhere to go 

Self inquire into the nature of the 'I' for yourself as whatever is read the mind conceptualizes. Words can only be pointers to your own truth :) 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Im might not be able to use various philosophical jargon to put forward my perception, but in simple words, the truth might rule our imagination too.
Truth is inevitably something which can't be changed. We don't have the power to edit it according to our liking, but accept it. Imagination is something we hold power over. We can conceptualize things the way we want, according to our liking. At times, we choose to picture things in a way we wish was possible in reality. In other words, we often imagine things we wish were true.

I didn't say what you imagine is necessarily true, just that you can imagine it is true, and so it becomes true from your perspective. Whenever you believe in something, you recontextualize reality so that it becomes that belief. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

What makes truth subjective?  If you show the color red to two different people from different countries, religions, ethnicity etc...aren't they gonna agree that red is red ? So how can you say that red =red is a subjective truth? 

Two different people?

I think You're forgetting something ;)

I personally don't feel like all the different theories or beliefs are all that different.

It's usually always about HOPE......trying to figure out a way to escape death.

Seems that people have a very hard time accepting that their lives are just as important & expendable as the ant they just stepped on!

It's kind of funny in a way because everyone that works their ass off creating the best life possible for them & their family and making lots of money, end up dying exactly like everyone else....and so does their benefiting family members and Friends!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't know what?  Truth? 

Not you in particular but people in general.

Truth as a term sounds too abstract in this discussion. The truth of what? Objects? Being? Perception? An emotion? Relative or absolute?

I'd imagine that once you are conscious of what those are -- and that's a big if -- looking for agreement will be seen as irrelevant, and you'll be in a much better place to facilitate others get clear on what you became conscious of, if that's something you want to do. So why worry about it?

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

How do you know there is no one true way to approach life? Just because there is a lot of religions..that fact in itself is not enough to conclude that all religions are false.  Do you agree? 

A wild zebra knows exactly how to approach life: eat grass and run from lions. It's no different for humans: eat, sleep, shit, fuck (if you're lucky). It's only our rampant imaginations that think we need to do anything else.

All stories and explanations are false.

13 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

A wild zebra knows exactly how to approach life: eat grass and run from lions. It's no different for humans: eat, sleep, shit, fuck (if you're lucky). It's only our rampant imaginations that think we need to do anything else.

And a human also knows what is the perfect way to approach life: exactly as he is doing it. Do you think we have a choice? We are robots, like the zebra, only more sophisticated. the zebra does not have a range of adaptation in the short term, we do. but everything we do is codified, even the search for the truth.

@Someone here Once you understand spiral dynamics, beige to turquoise, you’ll understand the diversity of worldviews. You just have to peg them into their stages. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Division of labor.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 31/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, UnbornTao said:

Not you in particular but people in general.

Truth as a term sounds too abstract in this discussion. The truth of what? Objects? Being? Perception? An emotion? Relative or absolute?

I'd imagine that once you are conscious of what those are -- and that's a big if -- looking for agreement will be seen as irrelevant, and you'll be in a much better place to facilitate others get clear on what you became conscious of, if that's something you want to do. So why worry about it?

I'm talking about the nature of existence and the big existential questions. Like what is reality ?why are we here ?what happens when we die ?etc  and im asking why there seems to be no agreement among religions or philosophers since the dawn of time .everyone is making shit up that's different from everyone else .and each one claims to be to the only source of truth and nobody else .

-Osho

On 31/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, VeganAwake said:

It's kind of funny in a way because everyone that works their ass off creating the best life possible for them & their family and making lots of money, end up dying exactly like everyone else....and so does their benefiting family members and Friends!

This makes me question what's the point of life if we are all gonna die in the end?

Well..I guess The beauty and tragedy of life is that it is finite. It has an end. We all know it but none of us ever really think about it. As someone who has faced death, I can tell you that it is terrifying but also eye-opening. The point of life is to not just live it and get through your daily grind, but it’s to experience it. When I am with friends and families I am present. I am with them in that moment. I hang on to hugs longer and I dip into conversations deeper. I want to hold every moment because they are precious and one day soon enough they will be gone. But when my time comes I will know that I squeezed every damn drop I could from this experience and I hope that will give me solace at my final rest.

-Osho

20 hours ago, LastThursday said:

So there is no qualitative difference between animals and humans ? Come on dude. Sell me something more convincing . You make zero sense . 

Why only humans explore the universe and ask for the source of the universe and how we got here ? Why only humans care about art and beauty and mathematics and no animal has that capacity? 

-Osho

19 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Someone here Once you understand spiral dynamics, beige to turquoise, you’ll understand the diversity of worldviews. You just have to peg them into their stages. 

I understand that people are in different stages of cognitive development.  And that leads to various worldviews . But we live now in the Internet era where information is available for everyone.  Why are we still stuck collectively in stage blue and orange (either brainwashed religious nutcases or materialists atheists )?

-Osho