Someone here

Why there is no agreement and there is confusion about what is the trurh?

111 posts in this topic

It's almost as if each person from the 7-8 billion people on this planet got their own story and worldview.  Nobody seems to agree upon what is true and what is false. What is moral and what is immoral .what is good and what is bad . 

There are hundreds of religions with hundreds of sects..and each religion claims to be the one and only true path that one should follow in life. And that all other religions are delusional. The priests say Jesus christ is the only way ..I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -john 14:6.  and the imams claim that the quran and Islam is the only way leading to heaven in the after life . Whoever seeks a way other than Islam,it will never be accepted from them, and in the Hereafter they will be among the losers.-quran :chapter 2:85

Look at motivational speakers ,public intellectuals ,philosophers,thinkers ,scientists etc..everyone is preaching different ideas and ideologies. Everyone is suggesting different ways of approaching life in all its domains. 

Why is that?  I think Truth should be obvious and clear .why almost no two fucking persons agree upon almost any subject (of course I'm exaggerating a bit)? What's the root cause of diversity in opinions in any field, whether its science, religion, philosophy, politics etc? 

And you can tell ..that 90% of people are completely full of shit . They don't have the truth .but they think they do. Everyone is confident that he has the truth .to me ..I refuse dogma and prefer to stay open minded and flexible to entertain all worldviews and not get stuck on one .but that's just me.  either I'm crazy ..or the whole world is crazy .

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I was just thinking about this right now bro! Also interested in the answer. I was thinking of the example of Infinite Waters and Leo. Two Spiritual teachers, yet so different in how they teach. I'm sure if they both had a conversation they would disagree on so many points. Or imagine a debate between Ralph from infinite waters, Teal Swan, Andrew Tate and Leo about the nature of reality. This would be hilarious! ???

Because there are personal truths combined with "actual" truth that are partial combined with absolute truth which nobody sees...

There cant be a truth that everybody agrees on because from different perspective comes different truths..

Like from what you will call bad they see their own truth and ways as the truth which are in conflict with someone we consider good..

If you could truly see bad side you will believe in his truth and vise versa...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Everyone is suggesting different ways of approaching life in all its domains.

The answer should be obvious: there is no one true way to approach life. However, few people want to admit this to themselves. But, from the perspective of existentialism, the only truth is that everything exists - anything else is window dressing.

All stories and explanations are false.

Because you can imagine anything to be true. Everyone is busy having fun in their cardboard box.

imagination-spongebob.gif

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Several reasons (my best guess):

1) Some teachers are not fully awakened to the truth.

2) It's impossible to express the truth using language.

3) There are actually many similarities between various teachings but the students of these teachings misunderstand them which is where religion comes from.  

the truth is very simple but until you experience it you cannot understand it. the only truth is: infinity

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

the truth is very simple but until you experience it you cannot understand it. the only truth is: infinity

^This. You asked why are there so many truths. If the truth is what is...and there are so many truths...then there are infinite amounts of truth. Even saying someone is full of shit is relative because you can't have a lie without the truth. So even lies are true because the truth is what is. So at the end of the day...experience this game of duality for what it is and avoid nothing that comes your way. 

Once you realize your life is like a VR Game/Dream/Movie and everything is just happening then you realize there is no reason to take anything seriously. It all just is, and stories/concepts are just the strings you are using to tie things together to make sense of them. If you realized how intelligent infinity is at being able to hide the fact that no ground actually exists from you and how seamless it can make everything work together to create a sense of realness is beyond understanding.

It literally is so good at making things seem real, it appears ordinary and mundane....LOL.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

12 hours ago, LoneWonderer said:

imagine a debate between Ralph from infinite waters, Teal Swan, Andrew Tate and Leo about the nature of reality. This would be hilarious! ???

Are you serious bro ? You put Leo in the same sentence as these idiots? It's an insult to Leo's intelligence.  Leo is GOD in the flesh ?. 

-Osho

12 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

There cant be a truth that everybody agrees on because from different perspective comes different truths..

Agreeing.  But I'm asking why there are different perspectives in the first place.  If you take a 2 years old child and show him the thousands of worldviews in the world ..he is gonna reject them all and want nothing to do with them . But as he grows up ..he starts getting brainwashed by society to adopt a set of beliefs that explains reality away . Why there is no "immune system for ideas " just like the immune system in the body ...?

-Osho

12 hours ago, LastThursday said:

The answer should be obvious: there is no one true way to approach life. However, few people want to admit this to themselves. But, from the perspective of existentialism, the only truth is that everything exists - anything else is window dressing.

How do you know there is no one true way to approach life? Just because there is a lot of religions..that fact in itself is not enough to conclude that all religions are false.  Do you agree? 

I would say yes ..the only certain truth is that the stuff we experience as reality in everyday life is the only unchanging truth. And the rest is speculative philosophical jargon trying to uncover the mystery of existence  .

-Osho

12 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Because Truth is subjective. Like everything, actually.

What makes truth subjective?  If you show the color red to two different people from different countries, religions, ethnicity etc...aren't they gonna agree that red is red ? So how can you say that red =red is a subjective truth? 

-Osho

@Someone here Well because something that hurts you will help the other guy or girl.Best example is mother wanting best for her child but instilling behaviour that will hurt him but those helped her.What im trying to say everyone is different and has to think for themselves about what he should be doing or not,realizing no society,parents cant and wont help you on contrary they will hurt you so antidote is individual thought,scepticism,following your self and just using others as idea searching...

What you trying to get to is everyone doing the same thing believing in same and living same life like there are actual truth out there if you follow that you eill have great life.Year ago because im logical had to see there is no such thing as finding best thing and that will turn out best for me...individual truth wins always but you have to take into account others which should be secondary..

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

11 hours ago, Osaid said:

Because you can imagine anything to be true. Everyone is busy having fun in their cardboard box

Im might not be able to use various philosophical jargon to put forward my perception, but in simple words, the truth might rule our imagination too.
Truth is inevitably something which can't be changed. We don't have the power to edit it according to our liking, but accept it. Imagination is something we hold power over. We can conceptualize things the way we want, according to our liking. At times, we choose to picture things in a way we wish was possible in reality. In other words, we often imagine things we wish were true.

-Osho

@Someone here Truth cant be grassped with mind if you shut off mind thats the truth, everything else is partial truth...

It's you.

Now fight.

10 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Because you don't know what it is.

I don't know what?  Truth? 

-Osho

10 hours ago, Stovo said:

3) There are actually many similarities between various teachings but the students of these teachings misunderstand them which is where religion comes from.  

Like I said ..every religion claims to be the ONLY source of truth and how should we conduct our life. 

If the facts don’t matter, you can believe anything: that your neighbor should be burned as a witch, that the Third Reich operates with divine warrant, that Allah wants you to fly a passenger jet into the side of the World Trade Center, that Donald Trump is a humble public servant with the best interests of the American people and democracy in mind… literally fucking anything, no matter how incongruent it is with reality.

That’s not my subjective personal opinion, that’s just objectively bad. When you rely on logic and evidence, your beliefs are more likely to be true. When you don’t rely on logic and evidence, your beliefs are less likely to be true. When you’re actively opposed to logic and evidence, your beliefs are far less likely to be true.

I “disagree” with religion because it’s a fundamentally wrong paradigm.

-Osho

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Is it infinity or simply direct experience?  Can the two be synonymous?  Not suggesting that they are not the same thing . But just curious how would you classify the conceptual notin of infinity when it's not directly experienced with our ordinary everyday experience? 

-Osho