iboughtleosbooklist

Leo is wrong, I'm not scared of death - I'm scared of pain

26 posts in this topic

Leo says again and again I fear death and losing my identity the most. Nah. What I fear is the dying process and the pain I'm gonna have to go through again and again for infinity. I fear coming back as someone who gets tortured. I fear pain even in this life, I quit all sports because I realized they were a form of suffering. My tolerance for pain now is super low. I fear sunburn, I fear intense cardio, I fear constipation and anal fissures. I fear these things because they are unpleasant and painful. All fears stem from fear of the pain itself. Even the feeling of embarrassment is painful. It's more subtle but it's still pain. Pain sucks. End of.

Know thy self 

Who cares what he says 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Let's say you were to cease to exist forever tomorrow at 12 am, no pain involved. You have no problem with that?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I care what he says because he is like the only living human who tells the truth in this dream. It's weird when he's wrong about stuff, it makes me doubt all the things he's said which I haven't yet confirmed as true for myself.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Let's say you were to cease to exist forever tomorrow at 12 am, no pain involved. You have no problem with that?

That's a hypothetical question. You can't turn off existence so there's no point thinking what I would or wouldn't have a problem with.

if you are afraid of pain, make the pain come to you until you are no longer afraid of it. It's the only way to be free.

You are afraid of both.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No-one is afraid of any thing.

How can you be afraid of death when there is no such thing as death to begin with?

How can you be afraid of losing your identity when there is no identity to begin with?

Fear is an emotion we experience when we believe / focus on certain (confused, mistaken) thoughts.

Fear of death is actually allure of death.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

My two biggest fears: Death and pain/suffering 

though, death is really what I desire. Not suicide though. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

That's a hypothetical question. You can't turn off existence so there's no point thinking what I would or wouldn't have a problem with.

You can turn off the perceptions associated with being a human being. That is what the question is about.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The more I adopted the "materialistic” thinking model of death, the less and less scary it became to me. The more spiritual, religious I got, it became more and more scary, infathomable and dark. When you look at it like a computer shutting down and along with it goes your identity, individuality, memories and all the programming, it is much more bearable. This notion of "transportation" and "where do WE go after death" that has been embedded in the man’ psyche from the time immemorial  is the cause of a lot of chicanery, scams and misled beliefs by the mankind. There is NO "you" in the first place  to "go" anywhere. That "YOU"was a product of a software run by your brain function to give you an identity. Brain dead= NO "YOU" that’s it. You were ALWAYS part of this universe, a product of nature with no real agency constantly changing forms.

Ironically enough, the whole notion of “afterlife" promulgated by spirituality and religions has added yet ANOTHER layer of complexity and overwhelm to the whole idea of "death and honestly hasn’t given people real solace. So we would perhaps better off seeing it this way, "we" go to sleep and the "universe" (we!!!) takes care of the rest.

3 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

I quit all sports because I realized they were a form of suffering

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

37 minutes ago, integral said:

I should record a similar video called "Plugging DMT -- It feels like Cumming"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In a Russian accent lol

@Jehovah increases I’ve never committed suicide so I can’t really say the difference.

a strong 5meo trip is like… gives me a sense of what suicide is because of the nature of what THIS is.

if final death is anything like a 5meotrip…. ?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Jehovah increases oh, I thought you were really asking ahah 

Seems like reality is absolute. It’s a sturdy ol gal, not gonna go anywhere 

◭"89"

@Jehovah increases Basically. You can and have been dreaming forever because reality is dream

Reality is my dream. Challenging immersive RPG.

but, could be anything. God could dream itself as an infinite whirling twirling orgasm if it wants. 

life could be dream

life could be dream 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@iboughtleosbooklist Have you considered that the fear of pain is collectively worse than the pain itself? Pain is often unavoidable, but for most of us it isn't that common. Suffering, which is the fear of pain, is far more endemic and damaging to the human condition. Many people suffer constantly, and unnecessarily.

Let go of suffering, and life becomes bearable and even beautiful. Pain still happens, but so does love. It is tragic that the vast majority of humans live as if they are already dead rather than simply living.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

??Ahhh so sober is really No-Fap is disguise. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Moksha Agreed. What he fears the intense suffering which pain can cause. Suffering only exists in relation to past and future. If you're living completely in the moment, suffering is gone. One who's whole being is in the present moment with no thought for the past moment or the next moment to come, they still feel pain, but not suffering from it. It's just a sensation in the body.  And even without physical pain, one who's mind is focused on the past and future will experience suffering. They will suffer from anticipating future pain, and remembering past pain. OP, if you can live fully in the present, there's nothing for you to fear.