LoneWonderer

What makes someone have "lower consciousness"?

29 posts in this topic

So probably I didn't stumble onto this forum by chance. Like most people on the actualized forum I share certain views and ideas that I don't see being openly discussed or mentioned in the world around me. Every time this leaves me sad and feeling isolated as I'm unable to have a conversation with other around me without freaking them out or thinking I'm a little bit nuts.

So what causes a person to have so called higher or lower consciousness? Is there even such a thing? Why are there such few people like us out there?

Some people talk about starseeds. Just to make it clear I believe that this is total BS but it does leave me wondering what is it that has always drawn me to seeking answers, seeking truth.

Is it education, survival security, loving upbringing that allows an individual to seek such things, or is it genetic? Are some of us born into this world to make it a better place like the starseed people claim and is there really a spiritual component to it? Is it a bit of everything?

21 minutes ago, LoneWonderer said:

So what causes a person to have so called higher or lower consciousness? Is there even such a thing?

I like the word perceptiveness more than consciousness. Health is the key to increasing your perceptiveness. But don't trust anyone to tell you what's healthy. Pay attention to what feels good and what feels pure. If something is easily accessible then it's likely not good for you.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

I haven’t verified anything in direct experience but here are my thoughts on it anyway. 
God wants to experience everything because that’s being unbiased and god is absolutely that. That means god wants to experience higher and lower perspectives. Lower perspectives can only work through lowered states of consciousness. How could you take anything serious in your human life if you could see the whole picture? You couldnt, your human reality would just crash. Lowering consciousness means giving form to something. So in order to appreciate the details you have to make the picture smaller. It’s like high resolution but low consciousness and low resolution but high consciousness. 

Genetics is a big part of it.

But upbringing and personality type are also factors.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In Eastern spirituality, a person's level of Consciousness is the direct result of karma. Right action increases Consciousness, which further increases right action over many lifetimes. Conversely for wrong action.

I see this as just another ideology, although it does resonate with what I have realized about the cause > effect nature of the cosmos.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha And what is a donkey's karma? What did the donkey do to earn his unconsciousness?

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Moksha And what is a donkey's karma? What did the donkey do to earn his unconsciousness?

I don't espouse the ideology of karma and reincarnation. Maybe Consciousness works that way, or not. It isn't something I have directly realized, only the cosmic scale of cause and effect.

On your question, the donkey (and every other being) does what Consciousness commands it to do. It has no free will of its own. I have compared it to a cosmic game of pinball, where steel balls ricochet across the machine, but only as a result of the Player that sends them spinning.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 hours ago, LoneWonderer said:

So what causes a person to have so called higher or lower consciousness? Is there even such a thing? Why are there such few people like us out there?

The people who come on here are probably a little more inquisitive than average and were lucky enough to stumble across some of Leo's videos. That is about it :D 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Leo Gura That's surprising. I would think that life circumstances are much more important. What's your basis for the role of genetics influencing level of consciousness? Within the human population, of course. 

Let’s be honest. We’re not starseeds, previous incarnations of Buddhas, or any other ego-aggrandizing bullshit. We’re simply spiritual nerds on the internet. And that’s a pretty awesome thing by my book! 

For some reason, or rather more likely a myriad of different reasons, we had an openness to and interest in this work and that is the biggest factor. We have a sort of metaphysical nose about us spiritual nerds that sniffed some fringe and wacky stuff on the horizon when we learned a bit about spirituality, and due to our innate desire for such odd scents, we couldn’t help ourselves but throw ourselves head first down the rabbit hole. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

10 hours ago, Moksha said:

I don't espouse the ideology of karma and reincarnation. Maybe Consciousness works that way, or not. It isn't something I have directly realized, only the cosmic scale of cause and effect.

On your question, the donkey (and every other being) does what Consciousness commands it to do. It has no free will of its own. I have compared it to a cosmic game of pinball, where steel balls ricochet across the machine, but only as a result of the Player that sends them spinning.

This is very accurate according to my musings. We are helplessly consciousness acting as it will. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, Nabd said:

Always thought about this, it's really hard to even think about this without feeling arrogant.

I personally saw some leo video being recommended to me, now why did i watch it? Cant answer that, but i sent 2 of my friends (who are somewhat into this stuff) a leo video and both of them didn't watch it, even after i explained to them how much gold this is, they still didnt watch, why? The only thing explanation i feel true is just pure randomness/chance of liking the thumbnail or being in the right mood and what not.

Randomness doesn't exist.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

6 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Randomness doesn't exist.

What a random comment.

All stories and explanations are false.

23 hours ago, Pharion said:

@Leo Gura That's surprising. I would think that life circumstances are much more important. What's your basis for the role of genetics influencing level of consciousness? Within the human population, of course. 

The evidence is that if were born an ant you would have hardly any consciousness.

The ONLY difference between you and an ant is genetics.

Edited by Leo Gura

No-one "has consciousness". That's like saying the letters on a page have the paper.

You, an ant and genes are appearances within consciousness.

On 29.12.2022 at 7:20 PM, LoneWonderer said:

wondering what is it that has always drawn me to seeking answers, seeking truth.

Just look within. Why do you want those answers? What does anyone ever really want?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@LoneWonderer Imo, life experiences, circumstances and genetics bring people here.

If i didn't have a laptop i wouldnt be here. If i hadn't been into RSD i wouldn't be here. Lots of different factors i think. I guess a certain pen mindedness is essential.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The evidence is that if were born an ant you would have hardly any consciousness.

The ONLY difference between you and an ant is genetics.

Why would genetics or materiality effect conciousness, what is the relationship? why is conciousness constrained or dependant on materiality? Can you delinate the relationship

18 hours ago, LastThursday said:

What a random comment.

^The interpretation of randomness, the concept can exist. But if everything is ONE, then everything is being controlled by the same thing which is itself. So the universe is always balanced perfectly with perfect unison at all times, so how can anything be random? It's obvious once it's seen and understood.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.