MarkKol

Do you think Virtual Reality/Metaverse is a fad, Or the Future

4 posts in this topic

Here's what I mean by Fad or Future, Will it live up to it's insane expectations? Will It match the internet in adaption or perhaps match A.I/Machine Learning in Usefulness?

There's no doubt that A.I is the future, It will shape our lives more and more as days roll on. I visited MidJourney's Discord server today and I was absolutely convinced that it will. I Don't feel the same towards Virtual Reality and the Metaverse, I don't know if it's my lack of exposure to it or just Facebook and other companies not doing a good job at making it real.

It feels like Virtual reality (not including Augmented Reality) will be very specialized and niche, used in medicine and all the boring stuff. Useful, but not what we thought it would be, which isn't clear either.

Everyone thought Cloud Gaming was the next big thing. But look at it now, Google Stadia shut down, every other cloud gaming service blows. It was a silly idea companies wasted billions of dollars on (and still are), and thousands of people wasted their lives trying to make it work. Virtual Reality could have the same fate.

In order to find my life purpose I really have to buy into something, Think it's the best thing ever. So I'm Open to everything, including Virtual Reality.

Edited by MarkKol

AI will help make VR better. 
I think VR will be big. Why wouldn’t it be, it’s a totally different experience then webbrowsing or video games. 

I can see people attending to churches and mosques in VR. Pilgrimate to Mecca will happen in theese metaverses. İt's just question of time. This place might end up VR as well.

We can be with Leo in some kind of dark cave LoL.

Is this best thing ever? Idk

You go to a metaverse ,what do you do? You make a character, it looks a certain way  and you type or you talk.

Metaverse is a stupid made up word for losers that never played video games and VR is pixelated sweaty face garbage.