iboughtleosbooklist

Solipsism is the best cure to FOMO

17 posts in this topic

Non-dual bypassing is officially the best cope! I just saw this girl I went to school with has a new bf, pretty ugly guy tbh. I felt a pang of jealousy, then realized she is me, and the world is a dream. She never existed, nobody ever looked out from her eyes. Only I will get to enjoy existence. Nobody else.

Another guy a while ago who used to bully me and beat me in a competition that I intensely wanted to win is another example. He's my most hated person. But guess what? He's just a dream character, a figment of my imagination. He never got to feel the sensations of winning. Only me. These feelings are reserved for me, always.

@iboughtleosbooklist

As you said, that's cope. That you claim to be okay without gf and winning when in actually you aren't just hides the problem from your eyes for a while. That it was a dream or not is unimportant point. Of course if that makes it easier to face your emotions then you can do it, but don't make that an excuse to be okay having problems unfixed.

Who told you that "others" are real?

On 12/28/2022 at 0:09 PM, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Non-dual bypassing is officially the best cope! I just saw this girl I went to school with has a new bf, pretty ugly guy tbh. I felt a pang of jealousy, then realized she is me, and the world is a dream. She never existed, nobody ever looked out from her eyes. Only I will get to enjoy existence. Nobody else.

It's the worst cope.  It's a kind of denial.  The feelings are more real than any nondual dogma which you don't actually believe in deep down (otherwise you wouldn't have those feelings.)

The feelings are telling you to get your act together, and you're ignoring that, which means you don't want to deal with the problem.

Edited by SeaMonster

@iboughtleosbooklist did you had an real experience on non duality/solipsism or are you just paraphrasing what other non dual teachers say? 

Good that it helps you short term  but I see that this is a coping mechanism which could get you into trouble in the future

19 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@iboughtleosbooklist @Kksd74628 Life is suffering.

Agree :)

14 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

It's the worst cope.  It's a kind of denial.  The feelings are more real than any nondual dogma which you don't actually believe in deep down (otherwise you wouldn't have those feelings.)

The feelings are telling you to get your act together, and you're ignoring that, which means you don't want to deal with the problem.

You are coping hard. Solipsism is real and much truer than fleeting emotions. I'm much happier in general since becoming aware of how much I suffered for illusory 'others'. My suffering has been reduced by 90%. My goal now is just to live a comfy existence until my next incarnation/memory-wipe. There is no problem my friend, I'm immortal.

14 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@iboughtleosbooklist did you had an real experience on non duality/solipsism or are you just paraphrasing what other non dual teachers say? 

Good that it helps you short term  but I see that this is a coping mechanism which could get you into trouble in the future

I've become directly aware experientially that my bubble of experience is the only thing that exists. All 'others' within it are simply dream characters. I know this logically as well, it just makes perfect sense compared with alternative ontologies. Solipsism is truly the only game in town. 

Why would it get me into trouble? Moral consequences still exist, so I would never hurt other people. I'm actually a more ethical person since realizing absolute solipsism, it's weird. I just have less ego, barely speak, and listen to people more. It's like I know they aren't listening to me, so I may as well keep my thoughts to myself and listen to them instead.

@iboughtleosbooklist they may be dream Charakters from your POV  but they experience their own bubble like you

If I play call of duty online, I also know that if I shoot a player it are just pixels on the screen blinking to another colour from my point of view. So you would say no one got killed. But my Play Station is connected to the internet and in another house there sits another human who played the Charakter. He sees on the Pixels he got killed. He will experience that he was killed by me. 

Edited by OBEler

Be careful not to go down a dark path. Even though what You're saying is technically true, You're deluding yourself with this kind of coping. Also, You know, with reasoning like this You could do some really bad things which You're gonna regret. "I can just murder this guy because he's only a dream character!"

The problem is that You are THINKING your way into this! If You understood truly, You wouldn't do anything harmful like I mentioned above and most of all You wouldn't need to cope at all.

Instead of coping, try accepting fully.

You're not gonna dissolve hatred or jealousy with bypassing like this. You're not solving the root problem and it's gonna come back to bite You in the ass again and again.

You're avoiding short-term pain, You're getting a quick relief, but be careful because You're gonna have to pay back, it's gonna be harder and harder to escape the hole of delusion and it's going to haunt You. It's not worth it my guy.

Edited by Sincerity

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@iboughtleosbooklist they may be dream Charakters from your POV  but they experience their own bubble like you

If I play call of duty online, I also know that if I shoot a player it are just pixels on the screen blinking to another colour from my point of view. So you would say no one got killed. But my Play Station is connected to the internet and in another house there sits another human who played the Charakter. He sees on the Pixels he got killed. He will experience that he was killed by me. 

I'm sorry but you haven't awoken to absolute solipsism. There are no 2 bubbles, that would be a duality. Leo has already beaten this topic to death.

1 hour ago, Sincerity said:

Be careful not to go down a dark path. Even though what You're saying is technically true, You're deluding yourself with this kind of coping. Also, You know, with reasoning like this You could do some really bad things which You're gonna regret. "I can just murder this guy because he's only a dream character!"

The problem is that You are THINKING your way into this! If You understood truly, You wouldn't do anything harmful like I mentioned above and most of all You wouldn't need to cope at all.

Instead of coping, try accepting fully.

You're not gonna dissolve hatred or jealousy with bypassing like this. You're not solving the root problem and it's gonna come back to bite You in the ass again and again.

You're avoiding short-term pain, You're getting a quick relief, but be careful because You're gonna have to pay back, it's gonna be harder and harder to escape the hole of delusion and it's going to haunt You. It's not worth it my guy.

I already said in the previous comment that I live my life more morally than ever before. I was more of a devil pre-awakening and would always trying to make others feel jealous of me. Murdering somebody would be completely impossible for me, it would be much easier to take my own life because I'm curious what is waiting on the other side so to speak. 

Yep I'm thinking, I like thinking. I had a no-self awakening and did not enjoy the disappearance of the ego in the slightest. The ego is a blessing. And anyway, every night when I go to sleep I get to enjoy time without the ego. It's perfect.

Maybe you can enlighten me what the root problem is? I'm happier/more content than ever purely existing. To me there is no problem and it does not seem such a "dark path". Where is the delusion exactly? I'm finally awake to the truth that everything is me.

2 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

You are coping hard. Solipsism is real and much truer than fleeting emotions. I'm much happier in general since becoming aware of how much I suffered for illusory 'others'. My suffering has been reduced by 90%. My goal now is just to live a comfy existence until my next incarnation/memory-wipe. There is no problem my friend, I'm immortal.

Complete and utter denial, bro, but whatever, it's your life. Post this kind of crap anywhere else besides this forum where such shit is enabled and people would laugh at you and rightly so.  

There is kind of dark explanation for Leo's popularity, it seems.  He's a Copium dealer for people who don't want to deal with reality.

Edited by SeaMonster

19 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

I already said in the previous comment that I live my life more morally than ever before. I was more of a devil pre-awakening and would always trying to make others feel jealous of me. Murdering somebody would be completely impossible for me

Okay, good.

20 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

I had a no-self awakening and did not enjoy the disappearance of the ego in the slightest.

Probably no ego enjoys disappearing :P

21 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

The ego is a blessing. And anyway, every night when I go to sleep I get to enjoy time without the ego. It's perfect.

Maybe you can enlighten me what the root problem is? I'm happier/more content than ever purely existing. To me there is no problem and it does not seem such a "dark path". Where is the delusion exactly? I'm finally awake to the truth that everything is me.

The root problem is "you" that is still there. Your aversion, ignorance, all that stuff.

You said You have a guy that's your most hated person. Consider that hatred automatically creates a duality (you vs the hated), and so your solipsism collapses because now there is you and someone else. The same thing with jealousy. Rationalizing that actually these people aren't real isn't a solution, it's avoiding feeling your emotions. Avoidance (combined with deluding yourself with theory You don't ACTUALLY embody) is a dark path, that's all I'm saying.

BUT if You're really happier than ever and You're genuinely purely existing, then that's good and I probably misunderstood. In the end You gotta be wise and be able to assess whether You're truly conscious of this in direct experience or You're feeding yourself theory and bypassing. I dunno.

If You're really awake, then it's fine.

Calm down guys, like all of you have never used spirituality to feel better about your lives and suffering, give me a break. 

You know what OP if it works for you, keep doing it. Don’t let anyone tell you how to play the game of life

This is not a good thing to do with things you can change.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Congrats bro. But there are totally two ways you can take this.

After I had glimpses of Solipsism I actually felt inspired to more action and to out myself in painful situations. There is some deep satisfaction coming from getting out of comfort zone and the fact that it is an illusion only makes it sweeter.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Kksd74628 I think you mean the verb, coping.  Not "cope".  Yes you are coping with disapointment...as an example.  

The best cope for fomo and jelousy is purification of inner crap. 

The only down side of purification is that then you are going to get envied and hated more by big negative egos. For example that bully. If you purify yourself, and he sees your innocent non reaction, he will envy you even if you dont beat him. He will realize, why tf this guy is so untouched, happy and ignores me even after loosing. My teasing also doesnt works on him. He will get insecure and hate you till death. And if you beat him in a humble non caring way, rip for him. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link