Jannes

Got my heavy metal test back

21 posts in this topic

This is the result. Nickel is slightly elevated. I have concentration problems but I had them since I was born. Also a big of acne in my early twenties. Otherwise I am pretty healthy.

Is the test good? Is chelation worthed? Is nickel worse or better then other heavy metals? 

D545DEF0-DBE4-4E30-B7CC-3FD9A6EC9D2E.jpeg

Did your doctor explain to you which heavy metals cause different symptoms? Which metal causes fatigue, which one causes lack of concentration etc. Also, where is each metal located, in what food source, in what beverages etc.?

On 31.12.2022 at 6:13 AM, TheGreekSeeker said:

Did your doctor explain to you which heavy metals cause different symptoms? Which metal causes fatigue, which one causes lack of concentration etc. Also, where is each metal located, in what food source, in what beverages etc.?

Is a doctor educated enough about this?

aparently you sweat nickel out. Joining a sauna may give you decent benefits

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

aparently you sweat nickel out. Joining a sauna may give you decent benefits

Where have you heard that?

@Jannes Andy Cutler Chelation group, what the admins answered me when i asked about Nickel. 

Also is this urine test provoked or unprovoked? 

Know that no ammount of lead, arsenic, cadmium or mercury is safe

Edited by mmKay

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

@Jannes Andy Cutler Chelation group, what the admins answered me when i asked about Nickel. 

Are they trustworthy?

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

Also is this urine test provoked or unprovoked? 

Don’t know what a provoked urine test is. So I am guessing unprovoked. 

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

Know that no ammount of lead, arsenic, cadmium or mercury is safe

In the test it says heavy metals are harmless up to a certain amount. Why are you so sure that they poisonous in any amount?

This should answer everything

I like to think the admins are an authority and are trustworthy. If you want to do further research and validate their claims that's on you. 

Povoked urine test means that you have taken a certain dose of dmsa (calculated with a formula provided  in the video) and then send the urine test for an heavy metal analysis, so that you can contrast provoked with unprovoked urine test and see what is being pulled out of your body, which is pretty much the only way to assess toxicity.

For example:

Unprovoked test = pretty clear

Provoked test = toxic

Conclusion : chelators manage to pull out toxic heavy metals from your body that otherwise you don't pee out. 

If you decide to do the provoked test, remember to directly transition into a 3 day dmsa round right after taking the dose . This is confirmed missing information in the video. 

Mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic , aluminum and more are heavy metals that are not essential for the human body and don't have any known biological function, besides being toxic and harmful in multiple ways. Chronic fatigue, poor memory and concentration problems among the most commons. 

Small amounts may not kill you instantly, perhaps they never will, but depending on your genetics they can insidiously diminish the quality of your life. 

If you wish to potentially lift the life-long concentration problems you've mentioned, it may be worth giving it a real try. 

Edited by mmKay

@mmKay thanks for the information mkay. 

On 8.2.2023 at 4:35 PM, mmKay said:

If you wish to potentially lift the life-long concentration problems you've mentioned, it may be worth giving it a real try. 

I would do so much for that. But I was insanely dreamy since birth. I think its more of a genetic thing. And emotional problems also play a huge role. So I am not confident that heavy metal chelation will cure me of that.  

12 hours ago, Jannes said:

I would do so much for that.

if thats true then you should be eager to give chelation a real test instead of brushing it off and blaming it on genetics.  But i'm not here to convince you. 

12 hours ago, Jannes said:

I was insanely dreamy since birth. I think its more of a genetic thing. And emotional problems also play a huge role. So I am not confident that heavy metal chelation will cure me of that.  

Concentration problems and emotional instability are very often linked to heavy metal toxicity. Also mothers can transfer heavy metals to children, the most vulnerable stage of development.
If you don't think heavy metal toxicity is your problem, then why did you do this test? No offense, but that's half-assing. An unprovoked test won't reveal toxicity, as discussed before.

The other lowest hanging fruit would be taking a hair sample and sending it to a lab for analysis.  Everything you need is found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/acfanatics/

What you also could do is a chelation trial. You do one round of DMSA and any reaction, positive or negative, is sign of toxicity.

Edited by mmKay

One risk of the AC Facebook Group is that it is based on hearsay and groupthink. People who contradict them, get banned and a lot of the stuff people say here is based on either AC book or something other users said. This is something you see hardcore Christians doing, whatever isn't in the bible is not true.  So it's sort of closed boiling pot effect. You prevent outsiders who would challenge the perspective by banning them and all current users are requested only to comment in lines of the held dogma otherwise risk getting the boot. The fact that group is called "acsfanatics" indicates a degree of zealotry and kinda indoctrinates all members, especially those with a reputation to hold. 

There is very little appeal to evidence and 100% of symptoms are generally being linked to heavy metal toxicity. Lot of these people have shit diets, passive lifestyles, chronic diseases, mental health problems and are not doing anything else other than dumping chelating agents down to fix those. 

Just a small observation based on my short time being part of the group for observation purposes. But of course there is still a lot of and useful stuff. Just keep your mind open when following this content verbatim. 

Finally it is worth knowing that most current studies on these things have confidence intervals equivalent to a wide-open barn door.. Meaning the moment you try to isolate the toxin as the causative agent by controlling for other confounding variables like diet, obesity, weight, exercise levels etc, the statistical relevance blows like a balloon and the heterogeneity of the results approaches 100% quickly. So you end up with no idea what is causing the symptoms because people's results are all over the place and results become statistically non-significant whether positive or negative. Ofcourse this sort of reasoning gets you the boot in the AC Group. Also, I say this in full knowledge that the current level of research on low-grade environmental toxicity is shit which is a huge limiting factor. I don't think the evidence has quite caught up so open to changing my mind. 

Just a small caution about blind dogmatism in the AC Group. Some questions we still DO NOT know the right answers to:  

• what are the effects of individual genotypes and SNPs on the individual efficiency of toxin removal 
  • what is the level of interaction between diet and absorption in the proximal and distal bowel? E.g. do we know to what degree does fibre and polyphenols in the diet interact? 
  • what do we know about the rate of absorption of all these heavy metals when coming from food? Could we be jumping the gun by chelating based on urine tests in the absence of liver biopsy results? 
  • what are the factors that inhibit and stimulate hepatic detoxification of heavy metals? 
  • what is the most reliable way to test for each heavy metal other than liver biopsy? 
  • what are the safe and dangerous ranges on urine test, blood tests, hair sample test and liver biopsy?
    • these are different for each metal and each toxin
  • what is the route of distribution of each metal in the body? 
  • Are there long-term consequences of dumping high-volume chelating agents for years in a row? Do we have any prospective data on this? 
  • What about safety and contraindications of chelating agents for people who are on other medication? 
Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

if thats true then you should be eager to give chelation a real test instead of brushing it off and blaming it on genetics.  But i'm not here to convince you. 

Concentration problems and emotional instability are very often linked to heavy metal toxicity. Also mothers can transfer heavy metals to children, the most vulnerable stage of development.

My mom had concentration problems her whole life so could be that she has a lot of heavy metals in her system and gave some of them to me.

But there are a ton of other reasons why I could experience these symptoms. My mom gave birth to me when she was 36 then had 3 miscarriages and then gave birth to my sister when she was 39. So lots of potential that I got some brain damage. My dad doesn't have concentration problems but a weird way of understanding things. Maybe his brain function is impaired or maybe he is just different idk. So I am probably a weird genetic mixup. Then adding my emotional problems I got from years of social isolation which also have a great effect on concentration. All of this combined could explain my symptoms. 

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

If you don't think heavy metal toxicity is your problem, then why did you do this test? No offense, but that's half-assing. An unprovoked test won't reveal toxicity, as discussed before.

I just don't want to put false hopes into it that's all.. I want to set my expectations reasonable. 

@Michael569 thanks for your wisdom.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

There is very little appeal to evidence and 100% of symptoms are generally being linked to heavy metal toxicity.

Just like every vegan, low-carb, carnivore, juicing, .. whatever-group thinks it has the cure for all illnesses xD

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. Just saw it costs 24€ per heavy metal, by going to a doctor lol that is expensive.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

48 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. Just saw it costs 24€ per heavy metal, by going to a doctor lol that is expensive.

So you can test for individual heavy metals at your local doctor for 24Euro each? 

Well the chelation, further heavy metal tests and other tests cost a lot more. Maybe health insurance will pay for some of it if they prove that there is heavy metal toxification themselves. But I have little experience with the health care system so idk. 

14 minutes ago, Jannes said:

So you can test for individual heavy metals at your local doctor for 24Euro each? 

Well the chelation, further heavy metal tests and other tests cost a lot more. Maybe health insurance will pay for some of it if they prove that there is heavy metal toxification themselves. But I have little experience with the health care system so idk. 

I did a quick Google search only, yes apparently there is something like this, also the insurance can pay some of it if you have a more severe health issues.

I did not dive into the technicalities. The test you send me would suffice for now, as it's a lot of effort thank you again!

Quick recap for any lurkers. Yes, you right there, i smell you through the screen ?

The context of this post is OP shares results of unprovoked heavy metal urine test, mentions life long concentration problems and asks if chelation is worth it.

What I said is that doing an uprovoked urine gives little and inaccurate information. It must be contrasted with a provoked urine test if you want actual numbers. And repeating this process over time is what shows you more accurate data. Yes, If you want numbers it's costly.

sdd.jpg

That being said, I only (barely ) did a hair test, for different reasons. I won't do urine tests as they are not in my budget and I dont care about the numbers, only about how clear my mind is and how energetic I feel, and that's real time feedback.

Yes, ACC group is group think and people challenging the status quo are banned. That is partly because strict posting guidelines must be followed as as only two dozen mods moderate over a group of 80k people. It stops clueless people from hurting themselves and sharing potentially harmful info. It is not the place to innovate and shake the boat. It's a place for helpless newbies or intermediate people. Therefore paradigm lock is assured.

You can poke holes in any scientific model and I encourage you to do if you have the requiered intellect, but in the context of this post, it's the best resource. 

The process outlined is begginer friendly, there is a place for feedback from " knowledgable " people  and enough info for you to chelate as safely as possible TODAY. 90% of your question are easily anwsered there.

I also shared Leo's video for contrast.

Yes, chelation is not the cure for everything. There are dozens if not hundreds of different factors that could be contributing to your illbeing. Obviously go for the low hanging solutions first.

So is chelation worth it?

It depends on how serious you are on  doing accurate personal science and finding possible solutions for your chronic fatigue and brainfog. You will most likely never know the exact reasons and you must work with the best you've got.

It depends on how much you value potentially improving your mental clarity and becoming more vigorous. Put a price on it. 150€ a month for a few years. Is that how much you value it? Would you pay 3000€ for a more clear mind? How much would you actually pay ? How much time spent is too much for the cause? Only you can decide.

PD: take responsibility and double chek any info for yourself.

Edited by mmKay