Razard86

Dealing With Low Conscious People

29 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

but I am only able to see his behavior so clearly because I have been and still on occasion do the same thing

You could do and say anything, everything is welcome, as long as you accept what others say. Maybe they are wrong, maybe you are. it's hard to tell. but friend, many times too much aggressiveness is perceived in your messages. we are dealing with a very subjective and subtle matter, and no teacher has the perfect formula. we try something difficult, really increase our understanding, not to be the one who's right 

3 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Let’s say I have to live with my parents for a few more years now (not from the U.S., 3rd world country). But dealing with them every day is debilitating since they’re extremely emotionally abusive and exert utmost control over me, it not only has mostly ridden me of empathy for them or others but I really feel like I’m becoming a sociopath because I’m so much different than I was like 7 years ago and not in the best of ways, to put it lightly. If I followed your advice I would have to forgive them multiple times a day and that doesn’t seem like what I should go for. I’m 22 years old and they’re literally control all of my time and every single move I make. I’m beyond miserable but I can’t even cry because I don’t feel a thing other than the occasional laughter. What I’ve been doing is removing all emotional attachment I have to them so I no longer care in the slightest what they have to say. 

Immerse yourself in the 'culture', see the beauty in it, experience that way of life. Until you can leave. 

Accept it, don't guilt yourself, or judge yourself for the low conscious behavior. Try to enjoy the experience, the people, the culture, see the beauty.

@Loba Oh man, your situation really sounds bad. I can only imagine how much pain these people must have caused for you...

I hope things will eventually improve for you. Do you feel like something is improving already or are you stuck somehow?

I'm in a similar situation health-wise and financially, but luckily I don't have to live with abusive people.

On 27.12.2022 at 10:21 AM, Someone here said:

if you assume that there are low consciousness people..then you automatically assume yourself to be high consciousness..relative to them .and that does put you in a low consciousness mode .namely judging people. But you trick yourself into believing you are not judging them based on the appearance for example...but on "their " consciousness. 

I don't know bro...no offense, but this all seems a bit like spiritual fluff talk.

In reality you will have to deal with people who are not developed, immature, ignorant, violent/aggressive, abusive and so on. And also there are clearly people who are more developed and don't have these negative traits or to a much smaller extent.

You're not necessarily judging anyone by asserting their level of consciousness (judging in a devaluing sense, like frowning upon somebody). You're just making an assertion.

Like "I'm 6 foot tall, he's 5'9" tall, therefore I'm taller than him".

There's no judgement in that. Of course the ego can take any kind of comparison or assessment to play ego games with it and to indeed judge others, but therefore not every assessment is a value judgement.

Assessing other people is actually very important too. You must know how potentially dangerous somebody might be or how likely he's gonna trick you/manipulate you, be aggressive or violent etc. Because some people actually try to gain an advantage over you and the more low consciousness somebody is (generally) the more likely you can expect some kind of negative behaviour from him (even though there can be exceptions).

So to say that you shouldn't even assess the level of consciousness of others because then you're basically playing ego games...nah... don't be naive. There are too many people who could harm you (or at least massively annoy you) and you must at least avoid them or know how to deal with them.

On 27/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, ivankiss said:

@Jowblob Your username is the best thing ever. Laughed my ass off.

I only just got that now (and probably wouldn't have if you hadn't pointed it out), you're clearly getting a lot more jowblobs than me. xD 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 12/27/2022 at 0:58 PM, ivankiss said:

@Razard86 You are absolutely right. My mind is playing tricks on itself, indeed.

What I wrote down is meant for me just as much it is meant for you. Not trying to be a teacher or a guru, don't worry. Just said what I felt like saying. Shared what came to mind, as always.

I mentioned the ego because I noticed you using that word excessively, pretty much in every one of your posts. As if it's the problem that needs to be eliminated. And that I find to be a trap, 'in my experience'. Felt like pointing towards that.

What you transcend or throw away at one point of the journey, you reclaim and integrate at another point. That's what's commonly referred to as 'going full circle'.

Excuse my arrogance. 

I wouldn't say arrogance more like you don't yet have a feel for me. Most of your conclusions are relative to what is being presented right now. If you were aware of previous posts I made then you would have greater understanding of what is being presented. I made a topic awhile back called I love my ego. If you were aware of that post then you would know I don't demonize the ego. I just point out its extremes. Part of the reason it's so hard to drop the ego for most is that we all love our egos. I don't hate the character I have constructed but I do know how it will have a tendency to construct self-serving narratives so I watched it like a hawk with the understanding that the ego is the ground of reality. Without it, there is no stability and there is only free fall. So why would I hate that which allows me to experience a 3D world? 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

20 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

I only just got that now (and probably wouldn't have if you hadn't pointed it out), you're clearly getting a lot more jowblobs than me. xD 

Can't complain, brother. Plenty of jowblobs lately, indeed :D

19 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I wouldn't say arrogance more like you don't yet have a feel for me. Most of your conclusions are relative to what is being presented right now. If you were aware of previous posts I made then you would have greater understanding of what is being presented. I made a topic awhile back called I love my ego. If you were aware of that post then you would know I don't demonize the ego. I just point out its extremes. Part of the reason it's so hard to drop the ego for most is that we all love our egos. I don't hate the character I have constructed but I do know how it will have a tendency to construct self-serving narratives so I watched it like a hawk with the understanding that the ego is the ground of reality. Without it, there is no stability and there is only free fall. So why would I hate that which allows me to experience a 3D world? 

No, it's definitely arrogance. I'm butthurt, working through some 'personal shit', and this is just how it shows. It's distorted, but I think the message I had to share was legit. Nothing against you or your ways. I just said what I felt like saying. I see myself in you.

Loving the ego sounds great, but that's also not really what I was trying to point towards. More like, that there is no actuality to it. There's only thought, feeling/sensation and perception. And it's all just consciousness. It's all just now. I find it much easier to 'navigate reality' that way, instead of creating this imaginary entity called ego and trying to chase it out of town. I see that as a outdated way of 'doing the work'. It can be simpler and easier.

Ultimately, I think we are talking about the same 'thing', just coming at it from different angles. 

And sorry, but no 3D world, or any D for that matter. It's all D-less haha! It only appears to have a D.

All the best to you.

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Good for you, mate! ???

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 12/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, ivankiss said:

No, it's definitely arrogance. I'm butthurt, working through some 'personal shit', and this is just how it shows. It's distorted, but I think the message I had to share was legit. Nothing against you or your ways. I just said what I felt like saying. I see myself in you.

Loving the ego sounds great, but that's also not really what I was trying to point towards. More like, that there is no actuality to it. There's only thought, feeling/sensation and perception. And it's all just consciousness. It's all just now. I find it much easier to 'navigate reality' that way, instead of creating this imaginary entity called ego and trying to chase it out of town. I see that as a outdated way of 'doing the work'. It can be simpler and easier.

Ultimately, I think we are talking about the same 'thing', just coming at it from different angles. 

And sorry, but no 3D world, or any D for that matter. It's all D-less haha! It only appears to have a D.

All the best to you.

Oh I see what you are saying, so you don't like to look at the duality and only focus on the non-dual. I don't know if you realize Ivankiss but that is a limitation you are placing on reality. With that world view you just constructed a finite model, also there is ego, ego is the limitations you place on yourself. If you didn't have an ego you wouldn't be typing right now, you wouldn't even be perceiving the screen. The ego being imaginary is a relative teaching. But the entire material world is imaginary in relation to absolute truth because it is finite, limited and impermanent. 

You could even say absolute truth is imaginary, because it can trick itself out of existence, then wake up exist again. Anyway I won't go any further, to each their own I'll say.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.