Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruins8000

What is experience?

23 posts in this topic

What is experience? Is there only experience? Why does experience depend on “apparent separation “?

If THIS needs apparent separation to EVER have experience that seems very limiting doesn’t it?

Experience = Consciousness!!!

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

Is experience vs. non-experience ultimately a duality that must be collapsed?

I'm wondering what your examples of non-experience are and how you define it.

6 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

I'm wondering what your examples of non-experience are and how you define it.

Lack of conscious experience. 

12 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Is experience vs. non-experience ultimately a duality that must be collapsed?

It is no duality at all. Mind is the absolute thing in existence. 

What you call “non-experience” , e.g. dreamless sleep, is only one state of Mind as opposed to “lack of conscious experience”.

On 12/26/2022 at 6:49 AM, Bruins8000 said:

What is experience?

If you knew that, you'd be Awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you knew that, you'd be Awake.

Care to expand on that a bit? Overall I do know all of this deep down but sometimes it gets clouded over….I tend to twist myself into a pretzel sometimes overthinking everything….

2 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Care to expand on that a bit? Overall I do know all of this deep down but sometimes it gets clouded over….I tend to twist myself into a pretzel sometimes overthinking everything….

There is not anyone to wake up. When everything collapsed for me. All the dualities. Everything I thought I knew what anything was, that was when enlightment/awakening happened for me. It's incredibly paradoxical because whatever is said will feed your mind about ideas on what awakening is but that is not what it is. Anything which is said is more food for thought. The 'I' never existed and that is what created seperation for me. There never is an I nor will there ever be. It's illusory. 

On 12/26/2022 at 4:49 PM, Bruins8000 said:

What is experience? 

A very good and high conscious question! One that I asked myself.

In broad terms, it is Truth. In detail, only you can discover that through an awakening.

Why does experience depend on “apparent separation “?

It does not.

If THIS needs apparent separation to EVER have experience that seems very limiting doesn’t it?

Experience is limitless. Also, there is no separation. Apparent or otherwise.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 12/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, Bruins8000 said:

What is experience? Is there only experience? Why does experience depend on “apparent separation “?

Is there Only experience?

One can only start from where he is, So Yes as of now only experience exists.
Non-experience is just a concept, a thought.

Why does experience depend on “apparent separation “?

It might be "apparent separation" for someone else, but if in your experience it is "actual separation", then it is not apparent separation for you. And in that case "apparent separation" is just a concept a suggestion from someone else, based on their understanding and all you can do is inquire into the "experiencer" causing the "apparent separation" until it is a reality for you too, or something unexpected may happen.

Yes, it is very limiting, and we need to stay with this limiting reality rather than answering it through thought. Which is the same limiting thing we are refering to. As J. Krishnamurti used to say, that thought is response of the memory, and memory is time, and time is past. So past is living this life, that's why there is no space for anything new and that's why it's so limiting.

4 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

You don't know it.

Experience cannot be explained. You must simply be conscious of it.

Edited by Leo Gura

Experience is imagination. It is the illusion of change. Time, space, and matter are not ultimately real. There is only Consciousness, dreaming the phenomenal cosmos. It is the unchanging ocean with apparently transient waves that always return to itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

experience is existence. the experience is you. although within the experience there seems to be a you that experiences. there is no experiencer, only the experience.

37 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

experience is existence. the experience is you. although within the experience there seems to be a you that experiences. there is no experiencer, only the experience.

I guess that’s my biggest question- can there ever be an experience without the seeming “you that experiences”

3 minutes ago, Bruins8000 said:

I guess that’s my biggest question- can there ever be an experience without the seeming “you that experiences”

Yes, right now. The you that experiences is inside the experience. It's like a trick, just an appearance. The whole thing is the reality, and this is you. Or me, because we are the same. It's impossible to understand it with the mind because the mind is inside the experience 

42 minutes ago, Bruins8000 said:

You've never experienced a "you" experiencing.