Someone here

Life is a dream and death is waking up

42 posts in this topic

My whole life is a dream.  Gosh how liberating that is.  When you realize that this entire infinite cosmos is nothing but a figment of Your imagination.  It's exactly the Same as falling asleep at night, dreaming a dream, and watching two people in the dream have a conversation, a disagreement, perhaps even an argument. Perhaps, you don't just watch but join in. You argue with them too, and perhaps do so lucidly. But perhaps they make good points, perhaps they change your mind about something. Or perhaps you just have fun arguing with them, with yourselves really. In the deeper realer reality, we are not three people having an argument but one big transcendental brain having a dream. It is one playing as many. You will not find the singular brain in the dream where you find the many different people with many different thoughts having an argument. You can look to the left or right, or look up or down, but you will never see it with your dream eyes from your dream body. And yet you can become lucid and easily see that the singular unified dreamer dreaming the dream is undeniably much realer than anything in the dream. It's even realer than whatever ever-changing thing you see when looking into a mirror in the dream at any given moment.

And what happens always all the time if you fall from the balcony and hit the ground and seemingly die in the dream ?.....you wake the fuck up. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Do you feel that you love yourself more after this realisation? What are its practical implications? Only liberation? Could it be relief?

Edited by TheGreekSeeker

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Good thing is, you don't have to ditch your body to wake up.

There are degrees of lucidity. Just like in a dream .you can be lucid in the dream. But to fully awaken you have exit the dream altogether. Completely. As long as you are inside the dream ..you are not fully awake.

The question is..Where will a spiritual awakening take you?

Nowhere! It will only return you to where you already are and always have been.

Its job is not to take you somewhere, it is to bring you back from your dreams and fantasies. That is precisely why it is called awakening.

1 hour ago, TheGreekSeeker said:

Do you feel that you love yourself more after this realisation? What are its practical implications? Only liberation? Could it be relief?

I'm living more in the moment and fully aware of how I'm imagining others . I'm carefree. Listless. And more calm and peaceful .its the peace that passes understanding .

-Osho

@ivankiss you might like this video

-Osho

We are the stars dreaming. We send our light to earth and enter body.

20 hours ago, Hojo said:

What are you talking about lol xD?

we are just star dust ,bro. 

and the universe does not give a crap about us . It's like when you step on ants as you walk by the street . You sure think you are the center of the universe aren’t you? 

-Osho

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

What are you talking about lol xD?

we are just star dust ,bro. 

and the universe does not give a crap about us . It's like when you step on ants as you walk by the street . You sure think you are the center of the universe aren’t you? 

No we are not star dust we are an actual star. Thats sending its light to earth to dream a life of a human. The earth is star dust and our bodies are of the earth. We are not our bodies we are the light playing in the dust. God is guiding its stars to become one with it. 

Edited by Hojo

On 25.12.2022 at 10:16 AM, Someone here said:

And what happens always all the time if you fall from the balcony and hit the ground and seemingly die in the dream ?.....you wake the fuck up. 

Not always. You could have another dream or nightmare.

5 hours ago, meta_male said:

Not always. You could have another dream or nightmare.

No .when you die in a dream you ALWAYS immediately wake up .

You might fall asleep again and have another separate dream. But only after you've woken up from the previous dream. 

-Osho

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

You might fall asleep again and have another separate dream. But only after you've woken up from the previous dream. 

This gives way too much shameless deference to spiritual hearsay. As if you can possibly know something like that for certain. 

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

What do you wake up to when you die in this dream that we call "real life"? Some higher level dream? The void?

On 12/25/2022 at 7:11 AM, Hojo said:

I like this.

It's Love.

Death is a belief in the belief-dream.

Death won't wake you up, it's just a continuation of the dream.

The waking up has nothing to do with the body or what happens to the body. All that is the dream!

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 27/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, meta_male said:

@Someone here So you never had a dream where you died and immediately transitioned into the next scene? Always woke up from sleep?

Yes .I always wake up when I die in a dream .

On 27/12/2022 at 5:04 PM, DrugsBunny said:

This gives way too much shameless deference to spiritual hearsay. As if you can possibly know something like that for certain. 

I can know that for certain because its my direct experience. 

On 28/12/2022 at 1:47 AM, Tyler Durden said:

What do you wake up to when you die in this dream that we call "real life"? Some higher level dream? The void?

You are dreaming forever. You will wake up from one dream to enter the next dream. There is no ending to waking up.  Its dreams all the way down ;)

7 hours ago, roopepa said:

Death is a belief in the belief-dream.

Death won't wake you up, it's just a continuation of the dream.

The waking up has nothing to do with the body or what happens to the body. All that is the dream!

Yes death is a belief. But because ultimately you won't die .you will just change your form .the process of reincarnation. Each new Incarnation follows a death .

6 hours ago, Vladimir said:

@Someone here You don't know what life and death is. You don't know what you're talking about. 

Enlighten me .

-Osho

@Tyler Durden the void is a transition process. Its like the soul healing center where you can pout and cry as much as you need too. Then once your identity has reached null you transition from the void. I entered the void one night after heavy drinking. It felt like you went to sleep and woke up in nothing and was crying and screaming for 24 hours straight with no eyes to cry and no mouth to scream so the pressure of the emotion builds up and builds up then you pass out and wake up again in a void and cry and scream for 24 hours it feels like. Then you pass out and wake up again going through this process 5000 times. Once I was done pouting my identity was null and I was resurrected. Sleep state and waking state become the same and when you are concious its null and when you are sleeping its null and then there is no difference between sleep and awake.

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo this sounds like alcohol-induced psychosis. 

@Someone here I don't think that when you die in your sleep and you wake up, that this is spiritual. I get the whole 'life is a dream' metaphor, but you can't enforce it on biological circles, like sleep. How is waking up from a dream where you die evidence that our whole life is a dream?

Edited by TheGreekSeeker

7 minutes ago, TheGreekSeeker said:

@Hojo this sounds like alcohol-induced psychosis. 

@Someone here I don't think that when you die in your sleep and you wake up, that this is spiritual. I get the whole 'life is a dream' metaphor, but you can't enforce it on biological circles, like sleep. How is waking up from a dream where you die evidence that our whole life is a dream?

It was not alcohol induced psychosis. Reality started looping like a shroom trip thought loop. Then my soul fell out of my body and I was in the void. I felt the loneliness and sadness of God. When you are in the void there is no self reflection you just feel what you are feeling and the emotion will spiral out of control and there is no body to stop it. So you will be like im sad and lonely then you get really sad and really lonely and then you get really really sad and really really lonely then you are spiraling fast and you are just a roiling emotion of sadness and loneliness with no stopping it. Because time dosent exist in the void you always are and always have been what you are. So you were never just really lonely and sad you have always been the saddest and loneliest thing possible instantly.

Edited by Hojo