everythingisnothing

Inspiring You To Meditate

18 posts in this topic

Hey,

on behalf of Leos video on building an infrastructure, I thought about how I can get myself to meditate on a daily basis.

So, I started an Instagram Page named @didyoumeditatetoday. I'll post daily facts about the benefits of meditation and a timelapse video of myself meditating for 1 hour. With every timelapse video comes a description of the problems I faced this day and things that helped me meditate. Did you ever really SEE the process of someone meditating? I think this will have a much stronger impact on the practice that you will do, than just words.

If you need some inspiration and extrinsic motivation to finally start your habit, feel free to follow the page and leave feedback. Looking forward to it!

Greetings,

everythingisnothing

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-28 um 16.08.31.png

Edited by everythingisnothing

I tried to inspire yesterday with the Meditation is... thread! Love it, thr human race needs more inspiring about this. Maybe the best way to progress as a species.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@everythingisnothing Finding the win win is a sign of genius. Helping others to meditate to help yourself to meditate....total awesomeness all around. 

Now see that there are no problems.

:)

Total awaresomeness! :-)

It's been 115 days now and I'm still fascinated by the fact how well it worked out. There were only 1-2 days where I struggled a bit with forcing myself to meditate, the rest was easy. 

Think about fear as an advantage and use it!

IMG_3222.PNG

@everythingisnothing have you actually meditated every single day for an hour since? (apart from 1-2 days you mentioned). I'd be seriously impressed. I've signed up for a meditation retreat and even with that some (multiple) days I skip... 9_9

It's 3pm Sunday here... I better meditate now so at least today is a yes day. I was going to do it anyway but this post made me do in now.

On 2/28/2017 at 8:39 PM, everythingisnothing said:

benefits of meditation

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

The most important thing to understand about life problems is that they are created by your unclarity of vision. So it is not that first you see them clearly, then you find the solution and then you try to apply the solution. No, the process is not that long; the process is very simple and short. The moment you can see your life problem clearly, it dissolves.

It is not that you have now found an answer that you will apply, and someday you will succeed in destroying the problem. The problem existed in your unclarity of vision. You were its creator. Remember again, I am talking about life problems. I am not saying that if your car is broken down you just sit silently and see clearly what the problem is: the problem is clear, now do something! It is not a question of you simply sitting under a tree and meditating and just once in a while opening your eyes and seeing whether the problem is solved or not. This is not a life problem, it is a mechanical problem. If your tire is punctured you will have to change the wheel. Sitting won't do; you just get up and change the wheel. It has nothing to do with your mind and your clarity.

But the question is only about life problems. For example, you are feeling jealous, angry; you are feeling a kind of meaninglessness. You are dragging yourself somehow; you don't feel that life is juicy anymore. These are life-problems and they arise out of your unclarity of mind. Because unclarity is the source of their arising, clarity becomes their dissolution. If you are clear, if you can see clearly, the problem will disappear.

You have not to do anything other than that. Just seeing, just watching its whole process: how the problem arises, how it takes possession of you, how you become completely clouded by it, blinded by it; and how you start acting madly, for which you repent later on…. You realize later on that it was sheer insanity, that 'I did it in spite of myself. I never wanted to do it, still I did it. And even when I was doing it I knew that I didn't want to do it.' But it was as if you were possessed....

On 2017-2-28 at 3:09 PM, everythingisnothing said:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-28 um 16.08.31.png

Warning: Meditation makes you and those around you happier! xD 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

6 months have passed and I've pointed out some things that I've noticed in my instagram post. Also, to honor the day, I did a 6 hour strong determination sitting session. 

Maybe this will get some of you going! :)

IG: @didyoumeditatetoday

IMG_5039.PNG

Rock, paper, scissors, being 

Being beats all others

Choose wisely 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Hey guys, for those who haven‘t seen it: 15 months of daily meditation are documented on my instagram page. If you doubt the effects of meditation, you can get first hand info from me. Just ask and I‘ll gladly reply!?

IG: @didyoumeditatetoday

PS: Thanks @Leo Gura, you were my introduction to meditation and inspired me to build an infrastructure.

D32A5F8B-9EAB-4005-9E33-A3D34B552906.png