Gennadiy1981

Liberal/Conservative Brain Wiring and Psychodelics

17 posts in this topic

I am not sure if I am posting this topic in the right category but this made me post after listening to Leo's lecture about understanding Conservative/Liberal Mind. And I want to get input from the community as well as Leo himself.

So, Leo mentioned in the show that conservative or liberal brain is specifically wired, that it has to do with brain neurons and biochemistry of specific individuals and hence they act the way they do. So when I was back in school, I was for most part liberal, as school students are, then when graduating, got into religion and became very conservative, in such a way that I was severely against abortions and gay rights to mention a few. With time I sort of unclinged from the "organized religion" and for the past two years doing significant amount of psychedelics. Now I find myself politically maroon, I respect people's rights, I strongly believe that its a person choice whether to have a kid or not and I am no one to tell the individual whether to be gay or straight. Indeed, to that point, that while I still barely attend religious events, the closet people seek my advice saying that I am very open minded to them and what would I advice in a given situation as I listen to them and always tell them that everyone's life is a journey.

So the million dollar question is, did psychedelics rewired my brain? Or I was not liberal/conservative to begin with and was clinging to what was available next to me at that time. But if psychedelics  can change brain chemistry, I am sure they can swing to many directions as well.

What are your input on it.

Most people in the world are so brainwashed from birth that they have no idea who they really are underneath all that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Most people in the world are so brainwashed from birth that they have no idea who they really are underneath all that.

Isn't a lot of what makes people who they are that brainwashing and other experiences they have growing up? It's not like there is a lot there before, at least it doesn't appear so.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Psychedelics can show you that there is no brain.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics can show you that there is no brain.

How can there be psychedelics if there is no brain?

24 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

How can there be psychedelics if there is no brain?

How can there be anything?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

???

There is no brain rewiring happening.  Your state of consciousness is simply evolving.  It’s evolving even when you are moving down the spiral.  
Secondly understand that psychedelics actually shuts off your brain chemistry so you experience more consciousness, more mind.  You become so in-tune with your mind that it can shock you, amaze you and scare the crap out of you.  So it’s all mind.  It’s the mind that evolves, as psychedelics reveals more and more of Mind, as such these experiences enrich the mind, and since you are mind, being a part of the larger MIND.  You begin to tune into the inclusiveness of everything.  

The less you experience mind, the more exclusive you are.

11 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

So the million dollar question is, did psychedelics rewired my brain? Or I was not liberal/conservative to begin with and was clinging to what was available next to me at that time. But if psychedelics  can change brain chemistry, I am sure they can swing to many directions as well.

What are your input on it.

Psychedelics can give you a new perspective with which you can look at reality. 

If your mind was previously closed, they created a new experience through which you can look at reality in a more open way. 

Thanks everyone, so then technically the liberal/conservative mind has not much to do with brain chemistry as Leo pointed out. Anyone can be liberal or conservative depending how they were brought up and anyone using psychedelics can get out of the brainwashing. 

5 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Thanks everyone, so then technically the liberal/conservative mind has not much to do with brain chemistry as Leo pointed out. Anyone can be liberal or conservative depending how they were brought up and anyone using psychedelics can get out of the brainwashing. 

No!

Thanks Leo, so from what I understood the brain chemistry has nothing to do with it.

@Gennadiy1981 please watch the Videos again. 

Brain chemistry has a lot to do with it. 

You also cannot change your hair colour after a psychedelic Trip. You become human again (in most cases) with all your quality (almost same brain chemistry) 

How do you know if you are wired as a conservative vs liberal?

I'm was liberal with food, sex and speech I guess, or maybe not in speech cause I was not always open about stuff.

I'm maybe utopian when it comes to politics. I'm not that self-expressive, indvidualjstic and quirky, more od a loner, but I can say and do stuff when I'm made to that is stupid to say the least but individualistic.

I'm open to radical new ideas when I am in a really radical and openminded environment I guess. I'm not that optimistic about human nature, but I often end up being gulliable, so maybe that's a sign that i might have been optimistic. This point makes me 50% conservative at least, cause I don't trust so many people. It's that I must trust them or don't have an alternative that makes me "trust" them. 

Can anyone help me figure out what percentage am I conservative and what liberal? 

I've known that there are many ways I'm a conservative...

• I like to write on pencil and paper way more than typing on a computer. It just feels better.
  • I've always seen the "crypto bro" and the bitcoin/cryptocurrency bandwagon as highly pretentious.
  • I think the narrative of "AI is taking over" is very dramatized, overplayed, and overused, even though I agree it's a major tech advancement.

You can't hold on to an ideology and have it both ways: to be one without the other.

• Liberals are conservative when it comes to the environment: they want to preserve it as is. Conservatives support liberal use of oil and gas.
  • Liberals are also more conservative with guns while Conservatives are willing to accept all the risks to ensure free, liberal usage.

It's almost as if Liberalism and Conservatism are assigned concepts that are completely constructed and, at the same time, absolutely essential. 

Edited by Chuco