Rob06

AI tools for creators (optimizing career position with AI)

12 posts in this topic

In this thread, creators like filmmakers, 3-d artists, musicians, and artists can discuss how to use AI tools to optimize their creative potential and output. I'm also open to widening this to any line of work out there. Another purpose of this thread is to share the best AI tools you found to optimize your creativity in any area.

This thread is meant as an extension of the ChatGPT thread already in the main forum, but focused on how to use AI in your career.

As a composer, I started researching AI tools for music creation a while ago. After seeing Leo's blog post about AI yesterday, I decided to intensify my research and start actively using some of the tools out there. Most tools I found still seem to be very rudimentary and need a lot of tweaking to get right. Right now, I'm fooling around with https://www.aiva.ai/ . It's a bit like MidJourney and Dall-E, but for music. You can create music with it if you're not a musician as well. You can use it for free if you're not using the music commercially. It doesn't work with text input. I wonder if they can integrate this into it to make fast tweaks.

My aim is to start using tools like these as idea starters, giving me basic track outlines in the style I want to create, and then tweak and personalize them in my music production software. I hope to increase my productivity this way at least by a factor 2. I'm already using some tools that can mix and master tracks based on presets and reference tracks, but they usually still need a lot of tweaking to get right. All and all, I think a human being will always be necessary to create that unique touch to music and other expressions of art, but as this technology is exponential, we will probably be surprised by what is possible within a couple of years. 

Recently, I had a conversation with an AI scientist who is also a musician. He was very skeptical about the possibility of AI creating any high-quality meaningful music any time soon because there is an almost infinite amount of parameters to choose from. I think, however, that the improvements will be faster than we can imagine, so better start using these tools now.

Looking forward to seeing how you use AI tools, and which tools are out there in all lines of work. Let's create that edge over the competition now by utilizing AI tools in the best way possible.

Edited by Rob06

Excellent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Rob06

I use the Chat GTP for jiggling writing ideas for songs and stories until I get my GPS bearings again, and combine that with another A.I program, called D.I.S.S, for stylizing my lyrics, in conjunction with VOCALOID to make interesting electro lotion music for a few of my songs, you know, keep it simple stupid. I make my art sporadically, solely on when my loins act up because that emotion sets the motivation to motion forward this locomotion. Optionally, if I'm making an AMV instead, I have to try and use Midjourney or Dale E doll, or a slow, steady, stable diffusion process, in there for the images, provided I don't fuck upwards the disco discord again, in which case it's back to traditional drawing, taking pictures and uploading the images and animations myself by hand What a job.

If parts of this process fails, or if all else fails, it's back to square one, a few times more while downing some Heinekens. In these trying times, I tell myself it's the journey that counts, not the middle or the GPS destination. Draw what you see, not what you know, although now digital's taking a toll on my eyeballs.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Rob06 Keep in mind, I'm still experimenting with a few programs myself, in a closed system, privately, no access to open internet. 

I am a software developer, and my manager told me to figure out how to do Web AR (Augmented Reality). Instead of Googling my way toward the solution, I started asking questions to ChatGPT. I figured everything out in a couple of minutes, including how to write an actual specific solution that we needed. 

So, this just made my work way faster. I have it opened as a separate tab all day because it helps me with many things. Like for example automating some boring development work, or documenting my code better. 

I see the future as having AI assistants in all human fields. 

I'm also teaching front-end development, and I tried and the assignments that I give to students, basically all of them can be written with ChatGPT. So the entire education system must be overviewed. The concept of homework might not make sense anymore in the near future. Or we will be needing a much better way of assessing people's work.

My little sister started cheating and she makes ChatGPT write her English essays for school homework, lol. 

Edited by bazera

9 hours ago, bazera said:

My little sister started cheating and she makes ChatGPT write her English essays for school homework, lol. 

That's fucking awesome.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I just wrote a copywriting, paid article with a lot of help from ChatGTP. I'm also definitely going to use it for school work, programming orders etc.

Edited by Michal__

(Perhaps some interesting tips for this thread, many people are now curiously exploring the new possibilities of using AI as creative tools.)

On 23-12-2022 at 1:02 AM, bazera said:

I am a software developer, and my manager told me to figure out how to do Web AR (Augmented Reality). Instead of Googling my way toward the solution, I started asking questions to ChatGPT. I figured everything out in a couple of minutes, including how to write an actual specific solution that we needed. 

Wow that's insane! I want to write blog articles on my website about my creative development, but don't really get around to structuring my thoughts on the topic. Definitely gonna use ChatGPT to help me write helpful blog posts.

I've asked Chat GPT to create an "About us" for a website. You can give it a variety of inputs to optimise it. It can also do summaries for Résumés/CVs. 

It can even write letters or emails for you.

Just copy and paste the results then edit it as appropriate.