StarStruck

Expensive Second Brain Course

9 posts in this topic

I did the course and it transformed my common place book:

https://www.buildingasecondbrain.com/course

It is a must if you have a big common place book.

This year I was literally bogged down by all the information that I captured in my commonplace book. His system really works. I wish I read his book or did his course from the start of my common place book.

Btw this is the guy with whom Leo argued with regarding the bible.

In Tate we trust

Interesting, I've heard some good things about this course. 

Do you think you can extract the basics from his book, or is the course necessary? Is there a software subscription involved or do you use your own thing?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

https://fortelabs.com/blog/para/

this has the general idea

and its basically a system you can implement in any software, you can use onenote, obsidian (my personal choice) , evernote, notion, etc.

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Interesting, I've heard some good things about this course. 

Do you think you can extract the basics from his book, or is the course necessary? Is there a software subscription involved or do you use your own thing?

You can use whatever software you want. I use OneNote.

I haven't read the book so I can't answer that question. But he gives a lot more than is mentioned in that link provided by Ayham: that is not even the main frame of his theory of note taking.

It is a complete system for note taking with an input, processing and output.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Ayham @StarStruck thanks guys! 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

15 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Btw this is the guy with whom Leo argued with regarding the bible.

Lol i love how we all know this piece of actualized trivia.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 12/21/2022 at 3:05 AM, integral said:

Lol i love how we all know this piece of actualized trivia.

I don't even remember where it's from, some post on his blog I think?

I just remember it because a long time friend of mine used to be a religious fundamentalist when we met, and I somehow managed to debate him into being an atheist, which he is still to this day about 10 years later, while I'm the one who believes in God, oh how the tables turn :D

What are the differences you found in the book and in the course? Are they pretty much same likeC.O.DE P.A.R.A?