Yimpa

Accessing Psychedelic States “Sober”

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone else here reached a state where you’re able to access psychedelic experiences without actively being on one?

My theory is that once you take a psychedelic, your brain remembers it; therefore you’re able to access those states “sober” in the future. 

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Of course! For me it gets triggered by something. One small and easy to describe example of this in my life is the way that the sky was shown to me during a mushroom journey. Now every time I look at the sky I am taken back to the same experience I had many years ago. It feels similar too. Actually this is one of the things I love so much about my trips with the little fungi. I’ve had my psychedelic states integrate into my “normal” states very easily. 

"You Create Magic" 

Sort of, my state seem to be permanently shifted to this:

It wasn't something I really accessed in the same way on mushrooms before (except for the visual acuity), but another user reported that they had experienced it on mushrooms, and I think it was related to my prior trips and sober work.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Only with lucid dreaming but I don't think that counts as sobriety 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Especially during meditation. I look at psychedelics as training wheels for mystical states. I think the whole idea is to achieve this. We should be accessing the infinite arsenal of mind states available all day long.

On 20/12/2022 at 3:07 AM, Yimpa said:

Has anyone else here reached a state where you’re able to access psychedelic experiences without actively being on one?

My theory is that once you take a psychedelic, your brain remembers it; therefore you’re able to access those states “sober” in the future. 

Yes, in a sort of a flashback I had. But it lasted seconds.