MuadDib

Summarized.org (frist drafts)

532 posts in this topic

Life Unfolds In Chapters & Phases
https://youtu.be/ym0mSXSNZsU

• Life unfolds in chapters and phases
  • Each chapter consists of four phases: limbo, starting, middle, and end
  • Limbo is a time of inaction and reflection, a chance to heal and think things through
  • The starting phase is when you find a new sense of direction and start taking action to build momentum
  • The middle phase is when you are in your stride, building momentum and success
  • The end phase is when things start to become stale and it is time to wrap up the chapter and move on to the next one
  • By understanding the phases, it is possible to assess where you are in your own life cycle and take action to move forward
  • The purpose of this discussion is to help people understand and navigate the different phases of life to achieve success and fulfillment.
  • Phase in life where results are not being delivered
  • Workaholics struggle in this phase because they get stuck in a cycle of doing the same work over and over
  • Important to ask oneself fundamental questions about the value and alignment of one's work
  • This phase is a time to relax, decompress, and introspect in order to discover a new purpose
  • Phase can last for months or years and will be different for everyone
  • Important to break old patterns and try new things in order to discover deeper aspects of oneself and align with top values
  • This is a time to dream, vision, and get inspired by new aspects of reality
  • It is important to open oneself up to life and try new things in order to avoid becoming depressed
  • This is a time to review what is most important in life and understand one's top values and life purpose
  • Consider working with a coach or therapist to help with self-discovery and personal growth
  • Use meditation, journaling, and other practices to support introspection and self-discovery
  • Trust that a new purpose will emerge with time and patience
  • Strike while the iron is hot to jump into a new business
  • Phase of high energy and excitement, where a lot of progress is made
  • Possible issues in this phase include fear of failure, feelings of inadequacy, and insecurities
  • Importance of discipline and building good habits and routines
  • Need to keep working on and refining your vision
  • Avoid temptation to return to old habits or behaviors
  • Seek support and guidance from mentors or others who have succeeded in similar endeavors
  • Stay optimistic and keep pushing forward, even when faced with challenges or setbacks
  • Don't let limiting beliefs hold you back
  • Business has run its course and it's time for a new chapter
  • Projects that used to excite feel stale and meaningless
  • Loss of meaning and feeling unfulfilled
  • Energy and motivation wane
  • Comfort with luxury and success makes change difficult
  • Feelings of being trapped and cornered in life
  • Complaining, entitlement, corruption, and arrogance
  • Loss of creativity and inspiration
  • Fear of collapsing or losing it all
  • Attention and motivation split between old and new projects
  • Low energy state and feelings of depression and isolation
  • Accept that the end is near and acknowledge achievements, growth, and gains
  • Reflect on the past and what you've learned
  • Consider what you want for the future
  • Let go of attachments and attachments to comfort
  • Take steps towards the next chapter, even if it means discomfort
  • Surround yourself with supportive people and seek help if needed
  • It is important to always be researching and seeking out new opportunities
  • Keep a log or journal of potential opportunities
  • Engage in activities like reading and talking to new people to do research and find exciting opportunities
  • Expect resistance from old friends and family when embarking on a new journey and be prepared to work on it quietly
  • Get comfortable being alone during certain phases of the journey
  • The hero's journey follows a four phase model: ordinary life, call to adventure, mastering a skill or conquering an obstacle, and returning to ordinary life with newfound knowledge or skills
  • The hero's journey can be paralleled to the four phase model: ordinary life, limbo, starting phase, peak of journey
  • After the peak of the journey, the hero may feel depressed or lost, but it is important to keep moving forward and find a new purpose
  • The hero's journey is a cycle that can be repeated throughout one's lifetime
  • Mention of temptation to make more money with current business
  • Idea of considering life in terms of chapters or phases
  • Suggestion to focus on one or two themes per chapter
  • Examples of themes (relationships, career, finances, etc.)
  • Importance of clear focus and avoiding spreading oneself too thin
  • Mention of the value in rituals or ceremonies to mark the beginning and end of a chapter
  • Difficulty in making a clean break and moving on to the next chapter
  • Encouragement to visit website and check out resources for personal development.

The Power Of Asking Questions
https://youtu.be/42kY07F5pTs

• The quality of your life depends on the quality of the questions you ask
  • Questions unlock powerful answers
  • Most people's problems come from not asking the right questions
  • The answers to life's questions are inside of you, not outside
  • Asking questions is a simple but rare skill
  • It's important to study external sources, but then turn inward and think for yourself to develop unique answers
  • Personal development and spirituality involve crafting a custom path that works for you
  • You can find answers within yourself by asking the right questions, or even by using Google
  • It's important to ask yourself questions regularly and consistently
  • Different types of questions to ask yourself: open-ended, closed-ended, rhetorical, leading
  • Asking the right questions can help with problem-solving, decision-making, and personal growth
  • Examples of powerful questions to ask yourself: "What do I really want?", "Why am I doing this?", "What am I learning from this?", "What's possible?", "What am I avoiding?"
  • Take the time to reflect on your questions and allow yourself to really think about the answers
  • Keep a journal to write down your questions and answers, and review them regularly
  • Surround yourself with people who also ask good questions and challenge you to think deeply.
  • Asking quality questions can unlock something in your mind and affect your consciousness
  • Asking a question in a business meeting can shift the tone of the conversation and allow you to see things you couldn't see before
  • Trusting yourself and turning inward can help you discover answers within yourself
  • Some people are more effective than others and asking the question "what makes people so effective?" can help you observe and learn from them
  • It is important to discover your own uniqueness and ask yourself "how am I unique?" and "how am I not being true to my uniqueness?"
  • Asking "what do I really want?" can help you clarify your goals and desires
  • Asking "what do I need to learn or do to achieve my goals?" can help you create a plan to reach your goals
  • Asking "what is my purpose?" can help you find meaning in your life and guide your decisions
  • Asking "what are my core values?" can help you understand your priorities and make decisions that align with your values
  • Asking "what is my current mindset and how is it serving me?" can help you identify and change any negative or limiting beliefs you may have
  • Importance of asking oneself questions
  • Asking oneself questions can lead to insights and ideas
  • Some questions may take a long time to answer and may require asking repeatedly
  • Answers to deep, profound questions can be life-changing
  • It is important to genuinely want to know the answer and be willing to face difficult truths
  • Asking oneself questions can involve emotional labor
  • Questions can be specific to an individual's context and circumstances
  • Examples of questions to ask oneself include:
  • How can I have more confidence in myself?
  • How am I being reactive and defensive?
  • What am I really trying to say here?
  • How am I creating this problem?
  • How can I make this task more enjoyable?
  • How am I being closed-minded?
  • What are the most powerful self-help techniques?
  • How can I become financially independent?
  • What should be the next chapter of my life?
  • Why am I unfulfilled in life?
  • Asking questions can lead to unexpected answers from various sources, including your own inner voice, intuition, subconscious mind, or universal intelligence
  • The act of asking questions primes your mind to be receptive to the world around you and can lead to serendipitous or synchronistic events
  • Asking questions habitually can lead to a steady stream of insights and can help you feel more resourceful and confident in finding answers to problems or challenges
  • To cultivate this habit, contemplate the importance of questioning, make a list of top questions about life, identify your most important questions, and look for solutions to chronic problems or obstacles
  • Practice asking open-ended and specific questions, and try asking for help or advice from others
  • Keep track of your questions and the answers you receive, and reflect on how they have impacted your life
  • Consider the benefits of asking questions in various areas of your life, such as relationships, career, personal growth, and spirituality

What Is The Point Of Life - An Advanced, Life-Changing Explanation
https://youtu.be/9PjZB9CoFfs

• The speaker discusses the purpose of life and the universe
  • They posit that the universe is an infinite singularity that contains all possible pasts, presents, and futures simultaneously
  • This singularity is self-aware, sentient, and intelligent, and is often referred to as God
  • The purpose of the universe is to experience and explore itself through the creation of infinite forms, including human beings
  • The purpose of human life is to awaken to the truth of the infinite singularity and to explore and experience the infinite possibilities within it
  • The speaker encourages the listener to consider the possibility that their limited human perspective is preventing them from fully understanding the grand design of the universe
  • The listener is warned that the true purpose of life may be radical and may not fit within their current beliefs or understanding
  • Becoming more godlike in one's manner and lifestyle is a key aspect of spiritual evolution
  • Realizing that you are the Creator and taking ownership and responsibility for your creativity is an important step in becoming a conscious creator
  • Conquering fear with unconditional love and embodying love and goodness can help one become godlike in one's life
  • Inspiring others through one's example can help them also realize their own divinity and unity with God
  • Experiencing duality and living in the present moment fully are important aspects of the human experience
  • Helping others awaken and grow spiritually is an important part of one's human life
  • The ultimate goal of human life is to fully merge with the absolute and realize one's true nature as God
  • The point of life is to evolve and realize one's divinity
  • Life has a higher purpose, like a cog in a machine
  • God artificially limits itself in order to experience life through creation
  • Creation is for the joy of it, and has no ultimate point outside of itself
  • Humans have limited creative capacity, and their default creation may be a monstrosity if they do not deliberately create
  • This concept may be considered religious dogma
  • The idea that you are the creator of your reality and have the ability to shape and change it through conscious creation
  • The metaphor of playing with LEGOs to illustrate the idea of creation
  • The idea that enlightenment is not a one- or two-realization concept, but has depth and breadth
  • The idea that enlightenment does not mean one should not engage in conscious creation or self-expression
  • The idea that conscious creation is not driven by a sense of lack or ego, but rather by selfless love and self-expression as an expression of one's godhood
  • The idea that reality is perfect as it is, but that does not mean one cannot engage in creation and self-expression as a way of expressing one's godhood
  • The highest expression of love and selflessness can be seen in tear-jerking movies
  • The highest motivation for mankind is to reconnect with the oneness and truth of existence
  • This can be done in many different ways and through many different careers
  • The lack of inspiration in politicians, lawyers, and businesspeople can lead to division and destruction in the world
  • The goal is to realize oneself as God and to live as a creator
  • True life begins when one understands their purpose and works to expand and grow themselves
  • Repeatedly returning to this understanding and pushing oneself can lead to a tipping point of awakening
  • The website actualize.org offers resources for personal growth and finding one's life purpose.

Understanding Survival - Part 1 - The Metaphysics Of Being Human
https://youtu.be/i8NNtpzYQx8

• The topic of this video is the metaphysics of being human and how it relates to survival
  • Survival is a fundamental aspect of human behavior and is at the root of all personal development and spiritual work
  • Peter Ralston has been instrumental in helping the speaker understand the importance of survival in behavior change
  • Modern science does not fully understand the metaphysical aspects of survival and its importance in human affairs
  • Survival involves defending, manipulating, and seeking change, but also raises questions about the purpose of living and why some things are chosen to survive while others are not
  • The topic of survival is often misunderstood and overlooked in modern society
  • Survival is not just about physical survival, but also psychological and emotional survival
  • Survival is a metaphysical concept that encompasses the whole of human existence
  • The speaker will be giving homework assignments to help the viewer understand their own mechanical tendencies and become more conscious
  • Reality is an infinite field of consciousness
  • Humans create a conceptual distinction between self and other, creating a "virtual partition" within the field of consciousness
  • This virtual partition is the basis for the creation of objects and the concept of "self"
  • The concept of survival is maintaining this virtual partition
  • The distinction between self and other creates a survival drive, but this distinction is also maintained by the drive to survive
  • What is being survived is not a physical object, but a conceptual boundary or fantasy
  • Survival for humans is not just about getting food, shelter, and sex, but about surviving as a conceptual self and maintaining a distinction from the environment
  • The line dividing self and other is unique for each person and can change over time, leading to either growth or death
  • The concept of survival also includes maintaining relationships, social status, and personal identity
  • The concept of death is the elimination of the virtual partition, returning to the oneness of the original field of consciousness
  • To be an object or thing, it cannot be any other thing
  • Being one particular way means excluding an infinite number of other ways it could have been
  • There is a zero-sum game in reality, where there are trade-offs and competition over limited resources
  • Life is only possible through death, as forms must feast on other forms
  • Reality is infinite, but there are still zero-sum dynamics within it
  • Squirrels and humans engage in survival activities and are focused on preserving themselves, but self-improvement requires letting go of the self and transcending it
  • To change a behavior, a part of the self must die
  • The process of self-improvement involves facing and accepting death
  • The death and rebirth process can be scary, but it is necessary for growth and development
  • To transcend the self, one must let go of attachment to the ego and accept death
  • This process requires courage and faith in something beyond the self.
  • The concept of survival and how it affects behavior
  • Examples of how different people prioritize survival differently based on their wealth and circumstances
  • The idea that people engage in devious, sneaky behavior in order to survive, but often delude themselves with false rationalizations about their actions
  • The concept of balancing self-image as a good, honest person with the need to manipulate and scheme for survival
  • The idea that thoughts and emotions are involved in the survival game, and people engage in behaviors like lying, manipulating, and scheming in order to get what they need
  • People can be closed-minded because they don't want to change and are attached to their current way of life
  • These ways of life, or "niches," can be linked to survival strategies that are ingrained in a person's brain and mind
  • Survival strategies are often unconscious and can lead to negative outcomes such as misery, suffering, and even depression and suicide
  • It is important to be aware of and consciously approach survival, specifically the survival of the mind or psyche
  • The psyche has unique needs, attractions, and aversions that can be influenced by past experiences and environments
  • It is important to understand and work on the psyche in order to be truly free and live a fulfilling life.
  • Many people meditate unconsciously and robotically, and feel guilty if they miss a day
  • It's a process of becoming more conscious and cannot be perfected in a single day
  • The process is like "crawling out of a deep hole" and will take decades to complete
  • It's a "bootstrapping process" and cannot be solved all at once
  • Deception and delusion within oneself can only be addressed piece by piece
  • People may rely on external validation, judgment, worry, procrastination, or activities like video games or YouTube to feel happy or survive
  • These actions and habits allow people to maintain their current identities, but can be changed to affect one's identity at a metaphysical level
  • Thoughts and emotions often have ulterior motives related to survival and manipulation in a given environment
  • It's important to become aware of these motives and the role they play in maintaining one's identity

Understanding Survival - Part 2 - Advanced Insights About Survival
https://youtu.be/CyGPqFMy6vY

• Part 1 homework assignment is important for understanding survival
  • Survival can be symbiotic and not always purely selfish
  • Squirrels do not know what they are doing when it comes to survival, they are running on autopilot
  • Humans are not purely selfish and do benefit others, but may not be conscious of it
  • Selfishness and selflessness are not separate and ultimately come full circle
  • Survival is not a duality and cannot be divided into "bad" and "good"
  • Humans have the ability to become conscious of their actions and the motivations behind them
  • Survival is about finding balance and harmony in life
  • The body and mind are interconnected and impact each other in survival
  • The mind can control the body and vice versa
  • Stress and negative emotions can have a negative impact on survival
  • Positive emotions and a positive outlook can improve survival
  • Communication and social connections are important for survival
  • Survival involves adapting to changing circumstances and being flexible
  • The power of observation and analysis in survival
  • The importance of planning and preparedness in survival
  • The role of intuition and gut feelings in survival
  • The concept of "hard wiring" and how it can impact survival
  • The importance of learning and growing in survival
  • The role of persistence and determination in survival
  • The concept of the "survival mindset" and how to develop it
  • People can turn to unhealthy, toxic, and self-destructive survival strategies when in a needy or fearful state
  • These survival strategies can become autopilot and even continue to be used even when they harm the individual
  • Survival goes beyond just physical needs, it can also be about maintaining personal identity and being part of a group
  • Examples of survival strategies include criminal behavior, smoking, and group bonding activities like listening to the same music and wearing the same clothes
  • These strategies can become addictive and hard to change
  • Part of survival can also be about psychological comfort and avoiding discomfort or stress
  • It is common for people to not consider the long-term consequences of their survival strategies when they are in a vulnerable state and just want immediate relief.
  • Spiral dynamics is a theory that different people are at different stages of development and need different types of information and guidance
  • Different cultures and societies have different survival strategies based on their specific circumstances and resources
  • All social institutions (military, businesses, schools, governments, etc.) are a part of survival and have their own politics
  • Politics is central to human affairs and is present in all social environments
  • Different groups of people will have different motivations and needs based on their level of development and their specific survival strategies
  • It is important to understand and consider these dynamics in order to effectively communicate and work with others.
  • The idea that everything is a social construct is threatening to some people because they are attached to their physical existence
  • People may respond to this threat with denial, judgment, criticism, hatred, violence, bigotry, closed-mindedness, and projection
  • Being conscious of survival strategies may interfere with them, as it can make it difficult to continue engaging in selfish or harmful behavior
  • Culture and social institutions may justify their actions as being for the good of society, even if they are primarily motivated by self-preservation
  • High consciousness teachings may be seen as a threat to the survival of those who are surviving at a low level of consciousness because they may require a shift away from selfish or harmful behaviors
  • The pursuit of personal growth and self-improvement may be seen as selfish or self-centered by those who are struggling to survive
  • It may be difficult for people to change their behaviors and beliefs, even if it is for their own benefit, due to the social and cultural forces at play.
  • Love is the ultimate motivator for human and animal actions
  • Higher levels of love involve love for the universal self, while lower levels involve partial, limited love for the self
  • Evil actions are motivated by a low consciousness, partial form of love
  • The difference between a saint and a devil is the level of love they act out of
  • Evil is relative and perspectival, determined by what hinders an individual's survival
  • Multi-perspective ilysm (considering other perspectives as important as one's own) is a rare and difficult concept for most people to accept
  • Playing victim is a common survival strategy
  • The ego wants to consider only its own perspective
  • To transcend survival, one must be able to see good and evil as labels that are a part of survival
  • To transcend survival, one must see that everything is God in disguise and love everything to death
  • Marine biologist in family gets asthma or lung cancer due to pollution in Los Angeles
  • Spirituality involves realizing interconnectedness and not living in a bubble
  • Selfishness ultimately hurts oneself because self and other are ultimately one
  • Unchecked selfishness may work in simple scenarios but becomes too counterproductive in complex systems
  • America-first policy is a dead end and leads to net loss in a more interconnected world
  • Systems thinking is not about manipulating systems, it is about understanding how systems work and how they can be improved
  • Trump is not a systems thinker, he is a manipulator
  • True spiritual growth involves transcending survival and understanding interconnectedness
  • Transcending survival involves letting go of ego and selfishness
  • This requires consciousness, fearlessness, and selflessness
  • True spiritual growth leads to joy and fulfillment, rather than suffering and disappointment
  • Samadhi is a state of consciousness in which the separation between the subject and object collapses
  • In this state, a person can look at a physical object, such as a hand, and recognize its pure being
  • This can also be done with any physical object, the entire room, one's own physical body, or another person
  • Most people's subconscious minds put value, meaning, or context into objects, even when looking at something as seemingly insignificant as a rock
  • To truly break through the veil of survival into being, one must strip objects of these survival projections and see them for their pure being
  • Meditation and psychedelics can both lead to this state of pure being, called Samadhi
  • However, these states are usually temporary, and one returns to survival mode after the experience ends
  • It is fine to start meditating or taking psychedelics for egoic or survival reasons, but the ultimate goal is to reach a state of pure being
  • When in this state, it does not matter how one got there
  • The goal is to learn how to maintain this state of pure being, even while in survival mode
  • Survival strategies vary based on location and culture
  • Documentaries can be helpful in understanding survival strategies in different parts of the world
  • Examples of comparing survival strategies: New York City vs. Alabama farm, corporate headquarters vs. prison, Africa vs. Scandinavia vs. Alaska
  • Importance of seeing the big picture by putting all the little pieces together
  • Actualize.org aims to help people see the big picture by covering a wide range of topics in depth
  • Success in this project requires diligent watching and thinking about the material, as well as following up with exercises and homework
  • Rewatching the two-part series on survival and applying the concepts to your own life can be helpful in understanding survival strategies and seeing the big picture.

Understanding Relativism - Part 1
https://youtu.be/UyBETFn5KXk

• This video is the first in a multi-part series on relativism, a philosophical topic that goes beyond physics
  • The series will discuss relativism in science, philosophy, morality, and ethics
  • The series will not be an in-depth look at the physics of Einstein's general relativity theory
  • The topic is complex and easy to misunderstand, and may threaten certain worldviews
  • The series will not be a rehashing of post-modernism or cultural relativism as found in modern academia
  • Relativism is the idea that everything we experience and think, including self, reason, truth, morality, and religion, is relative and therefore has no universal validity
  • The stanford encyclopedia of philosophy defines relativism as the doctrine that knowledge, truth, and morality exist in relation to culture, society, or historical context and are not absolute
  • There are various types of relativism, including cultural, moral, and epistemic relativism
  • Cultural relativism is the idea that cultural practices and beliefs are relative to the culture that holds them and cannot be judged by the standards of other cultures
  • Moral relativism is the idea that moral truths are relative and depend on the individual or culture holding them
  • Epistemic relativism is the idea that knowledge and truth are relative and depend on the individual or culture holding them
  • Relativism has both supporters and critics, with some arguing that it allows for tolerance and understanding of other cultures, while others argue that it undermines the possibility of universal truth and moral absolutes.
  • relativity is the concept that an object's size or characteristics are relative to its comparison with other objects
  • an elephant is large relative to a mouse
  • people learn about size through experience and comparison with other objects
  • relativism also exists in geometry and can affect how we perceive and interpret situations
  • Einstein's theory of relativity states that the length of an object can change depending on the observer's velocity
  • science is not always necessarily true and can depend on the perspective and experiences of the scientist
  • language and communication can also be relative and dependent on the context and understanding of the speaker and listener
  • moral relativism is the belief that moral values are relative to the individual or culture, rather than absolute
  • cultural relativism is the idea that cultural practices should be understood and evaluated in their own context, rather than judged according to the standards of another culture
  • relativism can be seen as both a positive and negative concept, depending on the perspective taken.
  • Copernicus proposed that the Sun was more central than the earth
  • It was later discovered that the Sun is not even the center of the universe, but one of many Suns
  • The discovery of the Americas was a significant relativistic shock for Europeans
  • The discovery of a new continent with different cultures, religions, and customs was unsettling for Europeans
  • There were religious wars and attempts to "civilize" the indigenous people of the Americas
  • In retrospect, the European response to the discovery of the Americas can be seen as myopic and closed-minded
  • The human mind tends to view its own perspective as central and superior
  • The idea of cultural relativism suggests that all cultures are equally valid and should be respected
  • It is difficult to see one's own cultural perspective as relative because it is enmeshed in it
  • Cultural relativism can help us to be more open-minded and accepting of other cultures and perspectives
  • The idea of moral relativism suggests that there is no one universal moral code that applies to all people and situations
  • Moral relativism suggests that moral codes and values are subjective and vary from culture to culture
  • The concept of moral relativism can be challenging because it goes against the idea of a universal moral truth
  • However, moral relativism can help us to be more open-minded and understanding of the moral values of other cultures.
  • Judeo-Christian values are not the only correct ones; religious pluralism and relativity exist
  • The Constitution was a radical and revolutionary invention that marked a shift in cognitive development from a "stage blue" to a "stage orange" way of thinking
  • Non-Euclidean geometry was discovered, showing that classical geometry is not absolute and new geometries must be developed for certain situations
  • Quantum mechanics showed that measurement is not absolute and is entangled with the measuring instrument
  • This discovery was counterintuitive and many people did not accept it initially
  • The concept of the self is also not absolute, as demonstrated by the split-brain and introspection experiments
  • These examples show that absolutism is not always correct and that new ways of thinking must be considered and embraced.
  • There are different paradigms within science that can be thought of as different worldviews or ways of looking at the world and doing science
  • These paradigms often compete with each other, with a prevailing paradigm that may eventually be challenged and replaced by a new paradigm
  • Thomas Kuhn introduced the concept of incommensurability, which means that different paradigms or worldviews may not be able to fully reconcile with each other
  • Kuhn's work was later used to defend various forms of relativism, but he did not fully understand the radical nature of paradigms or the implications of relativism
  • Relativism became more prevalent in the second half of the 20th century with the development of linguistics, structuralism, post-structuralism, and post-modernism
  • As the world became more globalized and interconnected, it became untenable for social scientists to maintain that one culture or worldview was superior to all others, leading to a greater acceptance of relativism in the social sciences and humanities
  • Hard physical scientists may still cling to a materialist reductionist worldview, but this has been challenged by the insights of quantum mechanics
  • Relativism has also been acknowledged in the areas of sexuality and gender, which has led to negative reactions from some traditionally-oriented people.
  • The elephant metaphor is used to explain the concept of the absolute truth being the whole of reality
  • Different parts of the elephant (representing different views or perspectives) can argue with each other and try to tear themselves apart, not understanding that they are all part of the whole elephant
  • This concept can be applied to various areas, including spirituality, religion, and even different sects of Buddhism
  • The problem of people holding different views or perspectives and disagreeing with each other is a universal issue across all human endeavors
  • Paul Bogosian's quote on relativism suggests that the truth of a given domain (such as the wrongness of slavery) may be related to a particular parameter (such as 21st century norms)
  • The idea that something is objectively wrong or true may be based on a consensus of people's beliefs in a particular time period, but this does not necessarily make it objectively true
  • It is important to understand and consider different views and perspectives, even if they are offensive or threatening, in order to more accurately understand reality
  • The concept of XYZ coordinates is relative and constructed by humans
  • The idea that God knows what time it is right now is used as a metaphor for taking the universal perspective
  • Reality can determine whether someone is good or bad through individuals' perspectives and judgments
  • The concept of anekantavada suggests that something can be both good and bad, and also neither good nor bad and beyond all of that
  • Examples of things that are relative include: aesthetics, opinions, beliefs, worldviews, scientific models and descriptions, scales and measurements, counting and units
  • Mathematics is relative because what counts as 1 or 2 or 3 is dependent on how it is counted
  • The hand is both 1 object and 5 objects, and can also be considered to have an infinite number of structures
  • Patterns within nature, language, and culture are all relative
  • Personal identity and the concept of self are also relative and constructed by the individual and their environment
  • Reality is one and everything is interconnected, including all perspectives and judgments
  • Achieving a meta perspective and distance from personal judgments allows for a more complete understanding of reality
  • The ultimate truth or absolute reality is beyond language and thought, and can only be experienced in a state of Samadhi.
  • Different versions of science might exist
  • Scientists do not always agree on data
  • Data is relative and depends on various factors such as consciousness, culture, and DNA
  • Data and the concept of "facts" is also relative
  • Relativism is sometimes resisted due to an assumption of an absolute truth
  • The concept of an absolute truth may be a human construct
  • The idea of an absolute truth may come from a desire for control or security
  • The pursuit of an absolute truth may be harmful or limiting
  • Instead, it may be more beneficial to embrace relativism and recognize the limitations of human understanding
  • Good and evil are relative and depend on an individual's survival strategies
  • Different people have different notions of good and evil
  • This is why there is so much disagreement about good and evil
  • Relativism does not prevent cooperation and building a consensus
  • Commonality between humans allows for shared values and the building of a society
  • Building a good society is difficult due to cultural and personal differences
  • Einstein's theory of relativity does not contradict the idea of relativism
  • The speed of light is not a constant and varies depending on the medium it is in
  • Some scientists propose that the speed of light may have slight fluctuations
  • The idea of relativism does not mean that objective truths do not exist
  • Relativism simply acknowledges that our understanding and interpretation of these truths is subjective and influenced by our individual experiences and perspectives.
  • Importance of cognitive flexibility
  • Examining emotional reactions to new perspectives
  • Emotional reactions are tied to sense of self and world view
  • Personal growth through introspection rather than reacting to others
  • Fallibility of the speaker, importance of contemplation and discovery
  • Avoidance of responding to cynical or skeptical responses
  • Mention of a future part two

What Is Reality - A Radical Explanation
https://youtu.be/jmBQRb5iuMg

• Reality is infinite consciousness and infinite imagination
  • Key mistake made when born is assuming physical objects exist independently of consciousness
  • Only consciousness is possible, objects are not
  • Consciousness is the only thing that exists and it is infinite
  • Physical objects are just temporary, interactive experiences within consciousness
  • Reality is an interactive, virtual experience within consciousness
  • Time and space are just concepts within consciousness, not physical realities
  • Our sense of self is just a temporary experience within consciousness
  • The goal of life is to become aware of our infinite nature as consciousness
  • The answer to the question "What is reality?" is radical and difficult to communicate with words, but is ultimately infinite consciousness and infinite imagination
  • Limits have no limits because of non-duality and oneness, meaning there is no boundary between objects in the universe because they are all interconnected and one
  • This means that reality is unlimited and all-powerful, and can manifest anything it wants because it is infinite in all possible ways
  • Reality is made up of differences, not molecules, atoms, quarks, strings, energy, information, or bits
  • Science and religion are both imaginary and do not fully understand reality
  • Imagination is a fundamental aspect of reality, and everything that exists must be imagined first
  • Time is an imaginary concept, and the present moment is the only true reality
  • The concept of the self is also an imaginary construct
  • The idea that you are separate from reality is a hallucination
  • Everything that appears to be separate and distinct is actually interconnected and one
  • The idea of death is an imaginary concept, as everything is eternal and infinite
  • The ultimate goal is to realize that you are infinite consciousness and that you are everything that is, which is the same as realizing non-duality and oneness
  • The speaker suggests that the listener's entire childhood, including their memories and parents, are purely imaginary
  • The power of imagination is infinite, meaning that anything can be imagined, and for the imaginer, it becomes real
  • The speaker suggests that the physical world, including the room the listener is in, is also purely imaginary and created by deeper layers of the imagination at the subconscious level
  • If the listener were to suddenly understand and fully realize the implications of this idea, it could be perceived as a psychotic breakdown or "dark night of the soul"
  • The speaker cautions that there is a fine line between awakening to this idea and having a breakdown, and advises the listener to be careful not to misunderstand their message
  • The speaker suggests that the idea of death is simply the cessation of the imagination of being human and experiencing the physical world
  • The speaker suggests that the listener's ideas and expectations are creating conflicts and interfering with their own imagination
  • The speaker advises the listener to become conscious of the deeper layers of imagination and not to conflate awakening to this idea with having a psychotic breakdown.
  • Hallucinations can be caused by chemicals in the brain that elevate consciousness to high levels
  • In this state, the boundary between reality and imagination can become blurred and it can feel like you have control over physical manifestation
  • Some psychedelics, like datura, can be dangerous and cause hallucinations that are difficult to distinguish from reality
  • The speaker suggests that all reality is imaginary and that consciousness is infinite and God-like
  • The goal is to become conscious of this and make it a reality, rather than just a belief or ideology
  • The speaker believes that even God needs a moment of realization to understand its own nature as infinite consciousness and imagination
  • The speaker concludes by encouraging the reader to seek out the highest teachings and to realize their own nature as God.

How Authority Works - Where Does Truth Come From
https://youtu.be/xyzYKVL5CB0

• Authority is the trust or power people or things hold in society
  • People rely on sources of truth, knowledge, or reality to anchor their sense of reality
  • Question of who or what to trust is complex and not easily answered
  • Infinite regress problem: any authority cited can be questioned and then the authority of that authority figure can be questioned, creating a vicious circle
  • People often give authority to things or people without realizing it
  • Authority can be established through tradition, charisma, or rational-legal means
  • Traditional authority: based on long-standing customs and traditions
  • Charismatic authority: based on personal charm or charisma of the leader
  • Rational-legal authority: based on a system of laws and regulations that are objectively followed
  • Authority can be abused or misused
  • Authority can be challenged or overthrown
  • Authority is not the same as truth or knowledge
  • Truth or knowledge can exist independently of authority
  • People should be critical and questioning of authority, rather than blindly accepting it
  • People should seek to understand the origins and basis of authority, rather than taking it for granted
  • The truth of science is not dependent on the authority of the scientist or the scientific community
  • The truth of scientific experiments, mathematical proofs, and evidence is dependent on the individual's acceptance of its authority
  • Religious beliefs and practices also depend on the individual's acceptance of their authority
  • Ultimately, the individual has the ultimate authority in determining what is true for them
  • People have different beliefs and worldviews because they have given their authority to different things
  • The existence of the Sun and other seemingly obvious truths can be denied and contested because the individual has the ultimate authority to determine what is true for them
  • Different cultures and societies have had different ideas about who or what holds authority and truth
  • Authority and truth are not inherent in any person or institution, but are rather projected onto them by individuals or groups
  • This is particularly relevant in the spiritual domain, where people may give authority to gurus, spiritual schools, or other teachings
  • However, this projection of authority onto external figures or teachings is a barrier to fully realizing one's own divine nature or true self
  • All gurus and spiritual teachings are ultimately creations of the individual's own imagination, and there is no intermediary needed between the individual and the truth
  • It is important to be conscious of the projections of authority that one makes in order to fully awaken to one's own divinity.
  • Wisdom must be personally derived and owned
  • Some people give away their authority to religion, priests, holy books, and rituals
  • Islam and Christianity teach that individuals are God, but religious people often overlook this
  • Fundamentalist Muslims and Christians may not realize their mistake until physical death
  • People in the East often worship icons and deities, but this is often due to growing up with them as the only alternative
  • Authority is often given to things that are familiar and familiar alternatives are often chosen without exploration
  • Authority can also be given to governments, political parties, and social movements
  • People should take responsibility for their own thoughts and beliefs, rather than blindly following others
  • It is important to question and critically evaluate the things we give our authority to
  • This can lead to a deeper understanding and a more fulfilling life.
  • All authority must come from within
  • Trace back the sources of authority in your life to yourself
  • Be conscious of how you give your authority to others
  • Take responsibility and ownership for the process of reclaiming your authority
  • Think for yourself and derive your own answers and conclusions
  • Take responsibility for discovering the truth
  • Realize that you are God and have access to absolute truth
  • Understand that you are the only source of authority and have invented everything
  • Want to share this realization with others but realize that you cannot
  • Understand the paradox of infinite consciousness in reality

Conscious Politics - Part 1 - The Deepest Political Analysis You'll Ever Hear
https://youtu.be/klWq18u3GiU

• Introduction to "Conscious Politics"
  • Will be a multi-part series
  • Aimed at addressing ignorance about how government and politics work
  • Speaker has spent a lot of time studying politics recently, approaching it from a non-partisan perspective
  • Speaker has had spiritual and political awakenings, leading to profound insights and principles about problems within governments and politics
  • Will provide practical tools for understanding and arguing about politics
  • Requires some background knowledge, including non-duality, spiral dynamics, self-deception, survival, collective ego, devilry and evil, ideology, relativism, systems thinking, and the nature of power
  • Will provide a new, cutting-edge way of thinking about government
  • Will address specific policy proposals and practical applications
  • The problem of selfishness, bias, and ideology corrupting discussions and leading to culture wars
  • The importance of having serious discussions about important issues
  • The need to elevate beyond partisan thinking and ideology
  • The importance of recognizing that all political positions are limited and partial
  • The concept of going "meta" and being trans-partisan in discussions
  • The role of power dynamics in shaping political discussions and outcomes
  • The influence of the media on shaping political discourse and decisions
  • The need to critically examine one's own beliefs and biases
  • The importance of understanding history and context in political discussions
  • The importance of compassion and empathy in conscious politics.
  • Government prevents external and internal oppression, including exploitation, scams, religious cults, factions, gangs, mafia, and corporate and economic oppression
  • Government ensures property rights and provides court systems for peaceful dispute resolution
  • Government prevents torture, cruel and unusual punishment, and child labor
  • Government provides police, firefighters, riot control, criminal investigation and prosecution, prisons, search and rescue, and emergency health care
  • Government provides infrastructure, including roads, bridges, electric grid, and sewage systems
  • Government provides farming subsidies to prevent famines and poverty relief for those who go broke
  • Government provides public education and universities
  • Government provides research and development funding for scientific and technological advances
  • Government provides military defense against external threats
  • Government promotes social welfare and public health, including healthcare, mental health services, and drug treatment programs
  • Government promotes equality and civil rights, including protecting against discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
  • Life as a chimp or other ape is not an individual experience
  • The idea of individualism is a modern luxury made possible by government and infrastructure
  • Humans are not individual ants, but part of a collective
  • Stage orange level of politics does not recognize collective problems, only personal responsibility
  • Stage orange people prioritize profits and economic growth over addressing deeper issues
  • Stage orange philosophy is materialistic and subscribes to toxic masculinity and survival of the fittest
  • Many businesses and CEOs subscribe to this philosophy, prioritizing their own success over the environment and employees
  • This mentality creates suffering and inequality in society
  • Spiritual and feminine values are seen as weak or undesirable in this mindset
  • It is important to recognize and address the systemic problems and imbalances in society in order to create a more harmonious and equal society.
  • Freedom can lead to harmful actions such as rape, murder, and theft
  • Government is necessary to reduce absolute freedom and create fairness and peace
  • Unifying diverse groups of people to agree on common rules is difficult due to differing backgrounds, worldviews, etc.
  • Survival is brutal and often involves prioritizing one's own life and interests over others
  • Freedom must be balanced with limitations to prevent oppression
  • Initially, giving up freedoms may seem necessary for protection against attacks from other groups, but ultimately leads to a deeper sense of community and cooperation
  • Government is a remarkable technology that allows for peaceful coexistence and the advancement of society
  • The balance between freedom and control is difficult to maintain and can shift over time
  • The United States has a system of checks and balances to prevent any one group from gaining too much control
  • The rule of law is important for ensuring that government power is used fairly and justly.
  • Society can be dysfunctional when group looks out for its own interests without considering others
  • This can be caused by blind selfishness or "devilry"
  • Reality is constantly dividing and reuniting itself at all levels
  • Boundaries created by these divisions need to be maintained, but are temporary and can lead to suffering if people become too attached to them
  • Throughout history, mankind has divided itself into tribes, races, ethnicities, and countries, leading to conflict and suffering
  • The proper course of action is to unify and accept our global status as a species
  • Political history has an arc leading towards greater equality, consciousness, complexity, freedom, and unity
  • This arc is not perfectly linear, with ups and downs
  • Technology can help bring about unity, but it can also lead to further division if used improperly
  • It is important to consider the long-term consequences of actions and strive for a more fair and equal society
  • Disagreements and wars occur because people have different ideas about what is right and wrong
  • Right-wingers tend to have very firm convictions about right and wrong, while left-wingers are more open to the idea that these notions are relative
  • Government must be inclusive, unlike other organizations, and must find ways to deal with all types of people, including those who may be poor, disabled, sick, mentally ill, or criminal
  • Governments must also find ways to control fringe elements that could destabilize society
  • In order to unify at a higher level and transcend selfishness, conscious politics must be embraced, though it may be viewed as selfish by those who are most selfish
  • In order to successfully govern, people must try to understand and empathize with those who have different beliefs and experiences
  • Government must also find ways to address conflicts and problems within society, including economic inequality and discrimination
  • People must work together and try to find common ground in order to move forward and create a better society.
  • The idea that having a fair and equal government is important
  • Individual bias and selfishness can prevent people from seeing the importance of fairness
  • The example of a wealthy, white, male stockbroker in New York City who is unaware of suffering and injustice experienced by others
  • The concept of reincarnation and how it could change one's perspective on fairness
  • The idea that stepping outside of ego and survival agenda allows for the creation of a fair government
  • Analogy to game design and the importance of balance in creating a fun and fair game
  • The concept of conscious politics and how it relates to creating a fair government
  • The idea that individual bias and selfishness must be overcome in order to create a fair society
  • Government is a necessity and taxation is necessary as well
  • As citizens, we can try to use our voting power and political activism to direct government spending towards productive uses, such as infrastructure, education, and training programs
  • The solution to government corruption is to be educated and engaged as a voter, not by undermining the government or privatizing everything
  • Government needs to prioritize the well-being of human beings rather than profits
  • Lobbying, military-industrial complex, subsidies, political favors, and the revolving door of entering and exiting government to work for corporations contribute to corruption in government
  • Influence peddling, Ponzi schemes, and scams also contribute to corruption in government
  • The idea that welfare is the main problem with government is incorrect
Edited by MuadDib

Conscious Politics - Part 2 - Foundational Insights About Political Ideology
https://youtu.be/GmBzfYXrC4I

• Introduction to conscious politics, Part 2
  • Material to cover is extensive, will require an extra episode
  • Importance of laying a deep foundation for understanding politics
  • Understanding politics and government is not separate from self-actualization
  • Discussing politics is about understanding how to be in "communion" with other living beings on a large scale
  • Political principles will also help with understanding oneself and others, and with problems within families and other organizations
  • Key takeaway: level of consciousness and development dictates values, morals, and politics
  • Ability to identify value systems and levels of consciousness of others based on their politics and morals
  • People often vote for whoever they resonate with, rather than evaluating policies
  • Importance of understanding one's own consciousness and development in order to make informed political decisions
  • Explanation of different levels of consciousness and how they relate to political ideology
  • Evolution of consciousness and how it relates to political ideology
  • Role of the ego in shaping political ideology
  • Political ideologies as expressions of the ego
  • Importance of understanding the ego and its influence on political ideology
  • Different types of ego and their influence on political ideology
  • Conclusion: understanding the ego and its role in shaping political ideology is key to making informed political decisions
  • The smallest circle of concern is just about personal physical survival
  • As we grow and develop, our circle of concern expands to include family, tribe, civilization, culture, religion, and country
  • Some people's circle of concern stops at this point and they only care about their own group and not others
  • As we continue to grow and develop, our circle of concern expands to include all decent human beings, regardless of race or culture
  • At an even higher level of development, our circle of concern includes all human beings, even those who are "evil" or have caused harm
  • The highest level of development is caring about all sentient beings and the environment as a whole.
  • The stages of morality and ego development
  • The first stage of morality: no consideration for rules or laws
  • The second stage: belief that certain actions are evil because of religious or absolute truths
  • Further evolution of morality leads to a more nuanced understanding of complex issues, such as abortion
  • Once an individual reaches a more evolved stage of morality, they will not revert back to earlier stages
  • Ego also develops through stages
  • Developmental psychology research has been conducted on the stages of ego development
  • Understanding these stages is important in understanding politics and social issues
  • Morality and ego development are interconnected and influence each other
  • Future episode on developmental psychology to be released on a blog
  • Pollution, partisanship, and racism are all things that individuals are responsible for, even if they don't consider themselves to be directly involved
  • Racist individuals are not just "evil people living somewhere else," but rather part of society and consciousness
  • Taking responsibility for these issues can lead to finding solutions and becoming a leader
  • Low consciousness behaviors in politics include: trying to own or ridicule opponents, taking pleasure in opponents' suffering, holding an intellectual position as absolute, scheming and manipulating to defeat opponents, demonizing opponents, and acting morally righteous
  • High consciousness behaviors in politics include: acknowledging that one's perspective is just a point of view, listening to and understanding opposing viewpoints, and not demonizing or belittling opponents
  • It is important to work towards expanding one's sense of self to include others, rather than separating oneself from others and seeing them as "other" or "enemy"
  • There are different ways to criticize or analyze political policies or positions, from above or from below, not just from the left or right
  • An example of criticizing religion from below is that it has become degraded and needs to be brought back into schools, while criticizing from above is that it presents important truths in a dogmatic way and contracts a person's sense of self
  • An example of criticizing science from below is that it is practiced by godless atheists and should teach creationism, while criticizing from above is that it is locked into the materialist paradigm and overlooks important aspects of spirituality
  • An example of criticizing socialism from below is that it leads to a lack of personal responsibility and a lack of incentives, while criticizing from above is that it can be a great ideal but is difficult to implement in practice due to human nature and the complexity of society
  • It is important to recognize the difference between criticizing from above or below and not confuse the two, as it can lead to misunderstandings and biased interpretations
  • The text describes a theory of government and societal evolution through different "stages"
  • Stage orange government is characterized by capitalism and a belief in the market to solve problems
  • Stage green government is a response to the limitations of stage orange, and is more social democratic and socialist
  • Stage green is also associated with liberal and progressive ideals, as well as elements of new ageism, pacifism, and hippieism
  • Examples of stage green governments include Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Iceland, and some parts of the US (e.g. San Francisco, Washington, New York City, California)
  • Stage yellow and stage turquoise governments have not yet emerged, but may be seen in Northern Europe (e.g. Switzerland, the Netherlands, Scandinavia)
  • Stage yellow government will involve more cooperation and collaboration, and may involve more decentralized power structures
  • Stage turquoise government is even more advanced, with a holistic and integrated approach to problem-solving and a focus on spirituality and personal development
  • The world is a "superorganism" that includes all countries
  • Bureaucracy, including the court system, is necessary for the functioning of the superorganism
  • In the past, without a legal system, there was competition between tribes for resources
  • An example of a dispute between two tribes: one member of a tribe steals a pig from the other tribe, leading to a confrontation
  • The court system serves as a way to peacefully resolve disputes between individuals or groups
  • The court system helps maintain the structure of government and keep society functioning smoothly
  • It's important to understand and appreciate the role of the court system, despite its flaws and imperfections.
  • Humans are vicious and manipulative in their pursuit of survival
  • People will try to rig society in their favor to survive
  • Libertarians and anarchists do not understand the irrepressible force of humans organizing at higher levels, including the sneakiness and manipulation used to accomplish survival
  • Most people are not at a universal stage of moral development and do not care about equality
  • Society is unfair, selfish, exploitative, and barbaric, including in modern, developed countries like America
  • Most people are too focused on their own survival to care about exploitation of others
  • Oppression can become so internalized that those being oppressed do not even recognize it
  • Many wage slaves under capitalism do not realize they are oppressed
  • Those doing the oppressing are in denial about it
  • The idea that society is merit-based is a myth
  • People are not rewarded based on merit, but rather on their ability to navigate and manipulate the system
  • People in positions of power often do not recognize their own privilege and use it to further their own interests
  • The education system is designed to maintain the status quo and does not adequately prepare people for the real world
  • People are not taught critical thinking skills, but rather taught to conform and follow authority
  • The media reinforces the idea that those in power are competent and deserving of their position, while ignoring the suffering of the oppressed
  • People are not aware of the real issues and problems facing society because they are not educated about them and are distracted by superficial issues.
  • The speaker believes that they are being oppressed by the idea of giving up their slaves
  • The speaker believes that it is normal and fair to have slaves
  • The speaker believes that slaves are not real humans and are more like animals
  • The speaker believes that the ego must rationalize selfish actions and justify them as good and proper
  • The speaker believes that those in power (e.g. slave owners) will resist giving up power and will spin narratives and use science and religion to justify their actions
  • The speaker believes that oppression and selfishness are unsustainable in the long run and will ultimately backfire
  • The speaker believes that government is meant to reduce gross inequalities and oppressions, and if it is not doing so, it is corrupt and needs reform
  • The speaker believes that violence may be necessary to bring about change and equalization in situations of gross injustice that cannot be resolved peacefully.
  • The concept of "right" and "wrong" is subjective and dependent on societal values and beliefs
  • Slavery, for example, was not considered evil 300 years ago but is now
  • The only stage of political development at which slavery was abolished is stage orange and above
  • Moral standards and consciousness today should not be applied to standards from centuries ago
  • Evolution leads to progress and liberalism, with current social issues becoming the norm in the future
  • People cling to the status quo, but culture and societal values evolve over time
  • The Overton Window, which represents the range of ideas that are considered acceptable in public discourse, shifts over time
  • The Overton Window has shifted significantly to the left in the past 150 years, with even the KKK not arguing for the acceptability of slavery today
  • The speaker suggests that the best way to understand their ideas is to observe and study politics, history, and how political actors behave in the media and elsewhere.
  • It is important to be open-minded, objective, unbiased, and selfless when doing this observation.
  • The speaker advises having mystical experiences to expand one's sense of self to a universal level of consciousness.
  • A conscious society is one where people care about and help each other, rather than working against each other.
  • The speaker suggests doing spiritual work to better understand conscious politics.
  • It is important not to turn conscious politics into an ideology.
  • In the next part of the series, the speaker will talk about foundational ideas and the principles of conscious politics.
  • In the final part of the series, the speaker will offer specific policy ideas for creating a conscious society.
  • The speaker recommends visiting their blog and checking out their book list for more information on politics, psychology, and personal development.
  • The speaker invites viewers to join their forum for discussions about conscious politics.

Conscious Politics - Part 3 - The Core Principles Of Conscious Politics
https://youtu.be/xpvjr1gbz0s

• The ultimate aim of conscious politics is the maximization of consciousness, love, and truth
  • This is different from selfish politics that are solely focused on benefiting oneself and one's group
  • Love in politics means having a wide concern for all living beings and valuing their worth and not just using them instrumentally
  • It is important to have mystical experiences of universal love in order to truly understand and practice conscious politics
  • Conscious politics involves understanding and working with the fundamental forces that shape reality and human behavior
  • It involves making decisions based on long-term consequences, not just short-term benefits
  • It involves understanding that everything is interconnected and that actions have ripple effects
  • It involves being open to new perspectives and constantly learning and growing
  • It involves being honest and transparent in decision-making and communication
  • It involves being mindful of power dynamics and actively working to dismantle systems of oppression
  • It involves being willing to compromise and find solutions that benefit the greatest number of people
  • It involves being respectful and considerate of others, even those with differing viewpoints
  • It involves being compassionate and empathetic towards others
  • It involves being authentic and genuine in one's actions and motivations
  • It involves being responsible and accountable for one's actions and decisions
  • It involves being courageous and taking risks to make positive change
  • It involves being humble and acknowledging one's limitations and limitations of the current systems
  • It involves being proactive and taking action, rather than being passive or indifferent
  • It involves being inclusive and considering the needs and perspectives of diverse groups
  • It involves being visionary and thinking about the long-term future and the common good
  • Ideology: the belief that the world would be perfect if only one side's beliefs were dominant
  • Capitalists, socialists, liberals, and conservatives all tend to think this way
  • This belief is foolish because reality is more complex and people are at different levels of development
  • Developmental psychology and spiral dynamics can help people understand this complexity
  • Conscious politics aims to meet everyone's basic needs and help them progress through Maslow's hierarchy of needs and up the spiral of development
  • Meeting basic needs is important because people in desperate situations cannot focus on higher goals like love or self-actualization
  • Government should not just focus on meeting basic needs, but also support self-actualization and transcendence in individuals
  • Helping others to meet their basic needs and self-actualize creates a virtuous cycle where those individuals can then help others in turn
  • Conscious politics is holistic, ecological, systemic, and meta, and involves systems thinking rather than manipulation or exploitation
  • Conscious politics is about understanding and addressing the root causes of problems, rather than just treating symptoms
  • Conscious politics involves a universal circle of concern and understanding that all people and systems are interconnected
  • Conscious politics is based on the understanding that there is an underlying unity and interconnectedness in the world
  • The ultimate goal of conscious politics is to create a more loving and conscious world for all beings.
  • Proper retirement planning is important because if it is not done, people may end up homeless and unable to work in their old age
  • Some people believe that it is the individual's responsibility to plan for their own retirement, but this ignores the fact that it is not always easy to do so and that the government has a role in helping people save for their retirement
  • Conscious politics involves being aware of false equivalencies and being willing to fight for what is right
  • Love and consciousness do not always mean being passive, but can sometimes involve bold and assertive action, such as the examples of Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Conscious politics can be considered radical and progressive because it involves proposing loving and conscious solutions in a society that is often characterized by fear, neediness, and a scarcity mindset
  • The teachings of Jesus, if applied today, would be considered radical and progressive because they involve love, compassion, and equality
  • It is important to recognize that some forms of unconsciousness, such as hatred and oppression, can be so harmful that they justify the use of violence to stop them
  • It is also important to consider the long-term consequences of our actions and to strive for a more conscious and loving society.
  • Survival is about balancing to fit in with one's environment
  • Our environment is constantly changing due to new technology
  • This requires new systems of government and the need to constantly rebalance various equilibriums
  • Conscious politics focuses on root issues and systemic change, sustainable solutions, good government, and policy rather than culture war issues
  • Conscious politics is multicultural, tolerant, open-minded, and multi-perspectival, encouraging the study of alternative points of view
  • Conscious politics is non-conformist, discourages ideology and cults, and emphasizes critical thinking
  • Conscious politics values happiness, development, and health rather than just economic growth
  • It is also economically responsible, seeking creative and innovative solutions rather than business as usual
  • Conscious politics takes wealth inequality and environmental issues seriously
  • It is also focused on social justice and diversity
  • It emphasizes personal responsibility and self-development
  • It promotes collaboration and communication rather than competition and isolation
  • It values community and social connections
  • It encourages personal growth and self-discovery
  • It is open to new ideas and constantly evolving
  • There are many stages of development for individuals and societies
  • Making small, incremental improvements in consciousness and development is important
  • It's a mistake to think society is hopelessly corrupt and not worth engaging with
  • Society is generally improving, even if there are setbacks and regressions
  • Progress is not a linear, consistent process, but rather a series of ups and downs
  • Mistakes and setbacks are necessary for learning and growth, both personally and collectively
  • The mistakes and struggles of our ancestors have contributed to the wisdom and institutions we have today
  • It's important to stay engaged and continue working towards improvement, rather than becoming discouraged and giving up

Conscious Politics - Part 4 - 100+ Specific Policy Proposals
https://youtu.be/XSV0ZhD_yvw

• Introduction to conscious policy proposals
  • Emphasis on the importance of concrete policy proposals in addition to principles and foundations
  • Policy proposals will be specific to America, but may be applicable to other countries
  • Policy proposals are not dogmatic and may be changed if they do not work as intended
  • Policy proposals will focus on core issues and some may be immediately implementable while others may be radical and take longer to implement
  • Policies will be presented in no particular order
  • First policy proposal: criminalization of money in politics and corporate lobbying
  • Second policy proposal: campaign finance reform, including publicly funded elections and limits on campaign spending
  • Third policy proposal: stronger anti-trust regulations and breakup of large corporations
  • Fourth policy proposal: universal basic income
  • Fifth policy proposal: free education through college level
  • Sixth policy proposal: universal healthcare
  • Seventh policy proposal: decarbonization and transition to clean energy
  • Eighth policy proposal: housing as a human right, including increased funding for public housing and rent control
  • Ninth policy proposal: criminal justice reform, including ending the war on drugs and reducing mass incarceration
  • Tenth policy proposal: strengthened labor protections, including a higher minimum wage and improved working conditions
  • Eleventh policy proposal: immigration reform, including a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants
  • Twelfth policy proposal: foreign policy focused on diplomacy and international cooperation rather than military intervention
  • Thirteenth policy proposal: protection and restoration of the environment, including preserving natural habitats and addressing climate change
  • Conclusion and emphasis on the importance of long-term planning in policy making.
  • Federal propositions could solve gridlock in Congress and allow for issues like marijuana legalization and gun regulation to be voted on
  • Ban on lobbyists holding public office needed to prevent corruption
  • Higher taxation on extreme wealth necessary to address widening gap between rich and rest of citizens
  • Need for wealth redistribution through taxes and government programs
  • Single payer healthcare system would save money and provide better care for all citizens
  • Voting reforms, including automatic voter registration and making Election Day a national holiday, needed to increase voter participation
  • Need for campaign finance reform to reduce influence of money in politics
  • Squatting on real estate to resell it later should have disincentives
  • Taxpayers should be able to choose where some of their tax dollars go
  • Government should send reports on how tax dollars are used
  • Stronger penalties for corruption and white collar crime
  • CEOs of large corporations engaging in corrupt practices should be held accountable
  • Political campaign finance reform is necessary
  • Alternative voting systems, such as ranked choice voting, should be implemented
  • Higher taxes on the wealthy to fund necessary social programs
  • Investment in green energy and infrastructure to combat climate change
  • Investment in education and training programs to prepare workers for the future
  • Universal healthcare and guaranteed basic income as possible solutions to social issues
  • Secret budgets for exporting people out of the country to torture them should not exist
  • These programs are secret because the public would be outraged if they found out about them
  • Decisions to have these programs are based on fear
  • The US military is large and advanced enough that these programs are unnecessary
  • Americans should not be fearful and should set a better example for the world through consciousness, love, and selflessness
  • The military budget should be drastically reduced and corruption within the military should be addressed
  • The US should stop selling weapons and bombs overseas, particularly to shady countries
  • Creative energy and resources should be directed towards building infrastructure and improving education, science, space exploration, and healthcare within the US
  • The US should work towards denuclearization through high-level negotiations and UN diplomacy
  • The US should also work towards disarmament, particularly in regards to nuclear weapons
  • The US should prioritize environmental protection and sustainability
  • The US should focus on diplomacy and peaceful resolution of conflicts rather than military intervention
  • The US should prioritize fairness and justice in its domestic and foreign policies
  • The US should work towards universal healthcare and a universal basic income for all citizens
  • The minimum wage is a big problem and is not a living wage
  • Many people try to survive on minimum wage but can't
  • Predatory industries (banking, marketing, finance, stocks and Wall Street, military-industrial complex, Big Oil, chemical companies, tech companies, pharmaceutical companies, communication companies, healthcare, insurance, credit card companies, payday loans) need regulation
  • These industries are manipulative and leech money from consumers
  • Wealthiest paid professions are in industries that provide the least value to society
  • The system is rigged in favor of these industries, which do not want to do legitimate work and instead want to exploit the work of others
  • Removing regulation and getting rid of government, as libertarians want, will only make the problem worse
  • Government is a proxy negotiator for citizens who are unable to deal with these powerful industries on their own
  • Usury and lending, hidden interest rates and fees, need regulation
  • The wealthiest people are not the ones doing the most valuable work for society
  • The wealthy elite benefit from the status quo and work to maintain it
  • The solution is to regulate these industries and redistribute wealth to create a more equitable society.
  • Advancements in technology can help with resource management and recycling
  • Scarcity mentality is a belief that there are not enough resources for everyone
  • Poverty, hunger, and homelessness can be eliminated with the proper will and compassion
  • Environmental regulation is necessary for a variety of reasons, including global warming and pollution
  • Renewable energy and carbon taxes on polluters can help with environmental issues
  • Subsidies for solar and electric vehicles, as well as government research programs for better battery technology, can help with the adoption of electric vehicles
  • Toxicity testing of food, water, air, products, and cosmetics is necessary to ensure safety for consumers
  • A publicly accessible government database can provide information on the safety of products and air pollution levels in specific areas
  • Government regulation of advertising is necessary to protect consumers from false or misleading information
  • Access to education and healthcare should be a basic human right, and should be provided for free or at low cost
  • Climate change is a major issue that must be addressed through international cooperation and action.
  • Science has become corrupted by corporations and is not pursued for the truth, but rather for profit and what can be marketed to consumers
  • Science does not seriously study topics such as enlightenment, awakening, mysticism, paranormal activity, or natural cures because there is no financial gain in these areas compared to military, oil, and pharmaceuticals
  • Science is primarily focused on developing technologies that can be directly marketed, rather than truth and understanding
  • Libertarian principles contribute to the corruption of science
  • Supreme Court reform is needed, possibly including term limits and direct voting or elections of Supreme Court nominees
  • Term limits are also needed for elected government positions, such as Congress, to refresh the group with new, progressive members
  • The problem with politics is that there are too many politicians who are more concerned with their own interests and careers than the well-being of society
  • The education system needs reform to prioritize critical thinking and creativity, rather than just memorization and test-taking
  • The media is controlled by a small number of corporations and censors information that does not align with their interests
  • Social media algorithms prioritize content that generates the most engagement, leading to echo chambers and the spread of misinformation
  • We need to shift our priorities from materialism and consumerism to holistic well-being and sustainability for the benefit of society and the planet.
  • Many politicians are not addressing the issue of improving public schools
  • Some Democratic politicians have good proposals, but are not focusing on public schools
  • Republicans and conservatives do not care about improving public schools
  • The education secretary appointed by Trump wants to undermine and defund public schools
  • Public education can be effective if properly funded and structured
  • Public schools should prioritize teaching wisdom, exploration, and self-actualization
  • School should also teach mindfulness, meditation, spirituality, and consciousness
  • Classes on metaphysics, epistemology, philosophy, psychology, and sociology should be included in education
  • Basic life skills, such as cooking and fitness, and business and marketing skills should also be taught
  • Education should focus on personal development and self-help, with traditional subjects being secondary
  • NASA should focus on exploring outer space and potentially finding and interacting with extraterrestrial life
  • A meteor defense system should be developed and funded by international space agencies to protect against asteroid or meteor strikes
  • The Consumer Protection Agency should be expanded and funded to protect against corporate fraud and exploitation
  • An anti-corruption enforcement agency should be created to root out corruption in government, police, and public and corporate life
  • Health care should be free and accessible to all, with cheap government-produced generic drugs and an emphasis on preventative care
  • Holistic medicine should be researched, taught, and taken seriously in schools and universities
  • Free gym access should be provided to address obesity in America
  • A technology safety testing center should be created to test new technologies, gadgets, and emerging fields such as cloning, genetic engineering, AI, virtual reality, and addictive websites and social media
  • New chemicals, plastics, and materials should be tested for safety before being widely used
  • A national service program should be implemented to provide job training and education to young people
  • A clean energy research and development agency should be created to focus on developing and implementing clean energy sources
  • A national food safety agency should be created to regulate and enforce food safety standards.
  • Mental safety checks needed for gun ownership
  • Cannot be an abuser of children or spouse
  • Cannot have a mental illness
  • Cannot be on antidepressants
  • Guns should have locking mechanisms to prevent unauthorized use
  • US territories should be allowed to be independent or become states
  • Companies outsourcing jobs should not be eligible for subsidies or government contracts
  • Free kindergarten and pre-K should be available
  • Online and brick-and-mortar stores should be taxed equally
  • Regulation needed for AI, facial recognition, genetic engineering, and man-machine interfaces to prevent abuse by corporations
  • Public forum needed for serious policy discussion
  • Special regulation needed for predatory advertising and marketing
  • Ban on junk food, pharmaceutical, military, fossil fuel, and credit card/payday loan ads
  • Ban on single-use plastics
  • Increase funding for renewable energy research
  • Public ownership of utilities
  • Higher taxes on luxury goods
  • Implement a universal basic income
  • Decriminalize drugs and provide treatment options
  • Abolish the death penalty
  • Implement ranked choice voting
  • Increase funding for public education
  • Implement term limits for politicians
  • The speaker's ideas may seem utopian but some can be implemented now
  • The goal of the policies is to increase freedom
  • Freedom is complex and requires balance and limitations in certain areas to increase freedom for other elements
  • Meeting basic needs, providing a social safety net, and limiting corporate influence are limitations that increase freedom
  • These ideas are not proper socialism, which involves public ownership of the means of production
  • In the speaker's system, private property and private industries still exist, but large businesses are heavily regulated
  • There is a role for government in manufacturing generics, running the post office, and doing research and development, but private industries still exist
  • The government's role is to regulate and provide a level playing field, not to dominate or oppress
  • The speaker is a capitalist and believes in entrepreneurship, but acknowledges that excess and corruption must be controlled
  • The speaker's system includes a basic income and free healthcare and education, as these are necessary for a truly free society
  • The purpose of this teaching is to help people self-actualize and live a life driven by being needs, rather than survival needs
  • This teaching is advanced and not meant for those who need to focus on meeting their basic survival needs
  • The structure of society currently incentivizes manipulation and exploitation rather than creativity and true value creation
  • Few people are taught how to be powerful creators in school or university, and instead are taught how to exploit others for profit
  • In the future, earning a lot of money will not be a significant achievement, rather it will be about how the money is earned and the value added to society
  • People will not become lazy if their basic needs are met, rather they will become free to pursue being needs and discover the true purpose of life
  • The majority of people will not figure out how to be a powerful creator by themselves, it needs to be taught and incorporated into the culture of society
  • The speaker believes that money is not the main motivator for successful people in the corporate sector
  • Instead, they are motivated by love, consciousness, and selfless service
  • Raising taxes on wealthy individuals will not discourage them from continuing to work and create
  • The speaker believes that meeting basic needs is important, but once those are met, people are motivated by higher values like creativity, art, beauty, philosophy, and spirituality
  • The speaker presents a long-term vision for humanity's evolution towards higher love, consciousness, and organization
  • This evolution cannot be stopped and will happen regardless of individual objections
  • The speaker acknowledges that some of their ideas may seem utopian in the short term, but they are thinking about the long term (100-500 years)
  • The speaker is not entirely selfless, but their perspective allows them to have a long-term perspective on humanity's evolution
  • The speaker believes that society should prioritize meeting basic needs and supporting individuals in their pursuit of higher values
  • The speaker encourages listeners to consider their own motivations and priorities in life
  • The speaker believes that there are ideologues, radical ideologies, and cults that cannot be changed
  • The goal is not to change everyone, but to create a system that allows the majority of people to evolve
  • There are many people who lack opportunities like education, healthcare, and a decent minimum wage that prevent them from improving their lives
  • The speaker acknowledges that their ideas will be resisted and demonized by the status quo, but believes that change is inevitable and necessary for progress
  • The speaker believes that the ultimate goal should be higher consciousness and love, and that radical solutions may be necessary to achieve this
  • Highly conscious and visionary people throughout history have often been misunderstood and rejected by mainstream society
  • The speaker believes that individuals have a responsibility to fight for what is right and to strive for improvement and evolution.
  • Importance of self-improvement and spirituality in conscious politics
  • Corruption starts with the individual and requires personal work to address
  • Resources available at Actualize that org, including blog, book list, life purpose course, and forum
  • Future discussions on political topics such as racism, gender issues, and environmental issues
  • Interconnection between spirituality and self-improvement, and how they can't be separated
  • Responsibility to be an example of consciousness and love as part of a larger super organism
  • Exciting opportunity for personal and spiritual growth through addressing larger responsibilities

Self-Bias - Why All Worldviews Are So Skewed
https://youtu.be/qMqNRUILvHc

• The concept of self-bias, or the tendency for individuals to present arguments in favor of their own beliefs and against those of others, is a problem in epistemology (the study of human knowledge)
  • Self-bias is present in all philosophical and intellectual pursuits, including science, religion, politics, etc.
  • The speaker noticed this pattern while reading various philosophical texts as a teenager and was struck by the lack of fairness and genuine inquiry into the nature of reality
  • The speaker believes that self-bias is a major problem that is not acknowledged by Western philosophers and that there are no simple solutions to this problem
  • One solution to self-bias is to recognize and acknowledge it, and to try to be aware of and control for it when seeking knowledge or understanding
  • Another solution is to engage with people who hold different beliefs and viewpoints, as this can help to expose and challenge one's own biases
  • The importance of self-bias and the need to address it extends beyond just personal beliefs, as it can also have significant implications for society and the way we interact with each other.
  • The speaker is discussing the concept of self-bias, or the tendency to favor one's own worldview and create pseudo evidence and arguments to support it
  • This self-bias can be seen in how people argue for or against the existence of God, and can lead to skewed reasoning and a lack of genuine inquiry
  • The legal system recognizes the problem of self-bias through the concept of conflict of interest and recusal, but this concept should be extended to other areas such as business, science, and religion
  • The importance of recognizing and addressing self-bias is to have an accurate perception of reality, as it can distort one's perception, emotions, actions, and relationships
  • To address self-bias, it is necessary to recognize and acknowledge it, and to seek out diverse perspectives and experiences that challenge one's own beliefs
  • This can be difficult due to the ego, which wants to maintain its sense of self and importance, and the fear of losing one's identity or being judged by others for changing one's beliefs
  • To overcome self-bias, it is necessary to develop self-awareness, self-honesty, and the ability to question one's own beliefs and assumptions.
  • People construct defense mechanisms and schemes of rationalization to defend against the truth
  • The value and power of a defense mechanism is in the denial that you are using it
  • Lying to oneself is important for tricking others
  • Survival may require tricking others, but first requires tricking oneself
  • This results in the multitude of worldviews that exist
  • People are blind to how their own mind constructs reality towards their own survival
  • Evidence and proof cannot be trusted because people are self-biased
  • It is easy to see this problem in others, but difficult to see it in oneself
  • The less conscious and more ego a person has, the thicker and more distorted their sense of self and perception of reality
  • This leads to more self-bias and extreme defense mechanisms
  • Low consciousness can lead to violence
  • Skepticism involves seriously considering doubt about one's own beliefs and worldviews
  • It is important to be aware of one's own self-bias and defenses in order to break through them and accurately perceive reality
  • Europeans colonized South America, Indonesia, and the Philippines
  • Natives and Europeans traded and had sexual relations
  • Europeans were selfish and ruthless, and didn't respect native customs or fair trade agreements
  • Europeans treated natives like animals and called them savages
  • This behavior led to conflict and many Europeans died
  • Colonialism is a form of bullying, with the Europeans being more advanced and scheming
  • Europeans tried to bully natives into submission, enslave them, or make unfair trade deals
  • Europeans also raped native women
  • Plantation owners saw slaves as animals and treated them cruelly
  • These actions were motivated by self-bias, as the plantation owners saw themselves as superior to the slaves
  • These philosophies justified ownership and cruel treatment
  • In order to maintain these philosophies, plantation owners were self-biased and came up with justifications for their actions
  • If they were fair and objective, they would see that there is no difference between themselves and the slaves except for the color of their skin
  • Slaves fought back and many slave owners were killed
  • The actions of the Europeans and plantation owners were motivated by self-bias and a desire to maintain their power and control over others.
  • The speaker talks about a video they made about the pickup community
  • The video is one of their most downvoted
  • The speaker believes the downvotes come from members of the pickup community, who do not want to admit that their behavior is self-biased and manipulative towards women
  • The speaker mentions how sex is a fundamental human need and how unfulfilled sexual desires can lead to corruption and temptation
  • The speaker discusses the concept of self-bias, using examples such as war and the relationship between the Romans and Carthaginians
  • The speaker believes that self-bias is a natural human tendency and it is difficult to overcome
  • The speaker advises to try to be aware of self-bias and to seek out diverse viewpoints to help mitigate it
  • Reductionist dogma is an oversimplified belief system
  • South bias refers to favoritism towards one's own family and friends over others
  • Nepotism is the practice of putting family members into positions of power without regard for their qualifications or merit
  • Nepotism is common in developing countries and was a problem in Europe and America in the past
  • Trump is an example of a leader who engages in nepotism by appointing his incompetent children to positions of power
  • Nepotism is a corruption of government and has been addressed through laws in Europe and America
  • Self bias can also be present in romantic relationships, where one party may prioritize their own needs over those of their partner
  • To combat self bias, it is important to recognize and try to overcome it, and to treat others with fairness and consideration.
  • The main idea of the text is that self-bias can have negative consequences for an individual and for society.
  • Self-bias can prevent self-reflection and lead to a distorted view of the world.
  • This distorted view can result in bad decision-making and negative outcomes, such as death and suffering.
  • Self-bias can also lead to cultural intolerance, violence, oppression, exploitation, and corruption.
  • It can impede healthy relationships and genuine communication.
  • It can prevent the discovery of truth and God.
  • It can cause people to be indifferent to the problems and suffering of others.
  • It can cause problems to be viewed as only relevant if they affect an individual personally.
  • Socrates believed in the rule of law and willingly accepted his punishment of death by drinking a cup of poison (hemlock)
  • The scene is depicted in the painting "The Death of Socrates" by Jacques Louie de vide
  • Socrates demonstrated integrity, objectivity, and impartiality in calmly accepting his punishment
  • In his last moments, Socrates talked to those present and explained the effects of the poison, and said that it is irrational to fear death since it is unknown
  • The painting "The Lictors Bring to Brutus the Bodies of his Sons" also depicts a scene from ancient Rome where Brutus, a founder of the Roman Republic, must sentence his own sons to death for conspiring to bring a tyrant to power and overthrow the Republic
  • Brutus' decision demonstrates the power of integrity and the ability to prioritize principles over personal connections
  • Objectivity and impartiality are not taught in school or university because they would undermine the institution
  • These qualities are important in the work of understanding and seeking truth
  • The reward for living an unbiased life is truth, God, immortality, and infinite love
  • It takes work and faith to fully understand and actualize the benefits of an unbiased life
  • The author recommends searching for a book with the word "mistakes" in the title to learn about self bias and soft justification
  • The author's website, actualized.org, has resources and insights on spirituality, a book list, a life purpose course, and a forum for discussion
  • The author's teachings and perspectives may be influenced by their own biases, including their personality, teaching style, and preferences for certain spiritual paths and methods
  • The author has tried to expose readers to various schools and teachings in order to mitigate any harmful biases in their own teachings.

What Is Truth - The Definitive Answer
https://youtu.be/nvaPmKQVIuQ

• Introduction to the topic of truth
  • Claim that the speaker has become directly conscious of absolute truth and that others can too
  • Explanation that truth is not understood by scientists, academics, philosophers, priests, or rabbis
  • Importance of understanding truth and the need for serious pursuit and homework to understand it
  • Personal story of how the speaker became aware of truth
  • Definition of truth as "the nature of reality itself"
  • Explanation that truth is not a belief, ideology, or religion, but something that can be directly experienced
  • Discussion of the role of the ego in preventing people from understanding truth
  • Explanation that truth is beyond words and language, and must be directly experienced to be understood
  • Emphasis on the importance of the individual's own direct experience and understanding of truth, rather than relying on external sources or authorities
  • Conclusion with encouragement to seek and understand the truth for oneself
  • The concept of truth is that it corresponds to an objective, external reality
  • The correspondence theory of truth is problematic because it only considers symbols and concepts in the mind
  • There is a difference between the actual sky being blue and believing the sky is blue
  • Truth is not just a matter of correspondence, but also involves a cognitive process
  • Relative truth is a second-order concept, and has an opposite of falsehood
  • Absolute truth is not easily described through words, but can be experienced through an exercise of focusing on one's hand
  • Absolute truth is not dependent on language or concepts, and is not subject to change
  • Absolute truth is an experience of pure consciousness, and is not separate from the self
  • The realization of absolute truth can bring about a shift in perspective and understanding of the world.
  • The text discusses the idea that everything in reality, including atoms, molecules, and humans, is ultimately made of math and truth
  • The concept of truth is defined as "that which is the case" and includes everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will happen
  • The text presents the equation "1 + 1 = 3" as an example of something that is false when interpreted symbolically, but true when considered in terms of its "isness" or "being"
  • The text suggests that this understanding of truth allows us to go beyond science and the self-reference problem, and to see reality in a different way
  • The text suggests that this understanding of reality allows us to see the big picture and the small picture at the same time, and to understand the interconnectedness of everything
  • The text concludes by encouraging the reader to consider this perspective and to try to understand the deeper meaning behind things rather than simply interpreting them symbolically.
  • The truth is difficult to understand and requires a "massive awakening"
  • It is a catch-22 to try to understand the truth because one must already know the truth in order to do so
  • The truth is not a thought or something that the brain or mind holds
  • The truth exists regardless of the existence of the universe
  • The truth is absolute and inescapable
  • The truth is prior to all physical objects, time, space, and the universe
  • Subjective experience may be an obstacle to understanding the truth
  • The ultimate truth is beyond all concepts and language
  • The ultimate truth is the foundation of all reality
  • The ultimate truth is the source of consciousness
  • We can have a direct experience of the ultimate truth through spiritual practices such as meditation
  • This direct experience of the ultimate truth can bring about a transformation in our understanding and perception of reality.
  • Truth is a multi-dimensional concept with many layers, aspects, and degrees
  • Truth is consciousness, the whole universe, God, love, uncaused, self-created, eternal, not localized, intelligent and sentient, good, with no beginning or end, form and formlessness, all-powerful, the present moment, mysterious and mystical, self-awareness, self-illuminating, omniscient, a solution to all human problems, and you
  • Truth includes all dualities and distinctions and differences
  • Truth is life-transforming and has many practical implications
  • Truth is not something that can be turned into an ideology
  • Truth is radical, awesome and terrifying, paradise and total perfection
  • Understanding one aspect of truth does not mean you understand all aspects of truth
  • Truth did not come from anywhere and is nowhere
  • Truth is nothing, which is everything, which is infinity
  • The truth is exactly what is happening right now, exactly as it is
  • The truth is always present, but we often don't see it due to the veil of illusion
  • The process of understanding truth involves piercing through the veil of illusion repeatedly until understanding stabilizes
  • This is just the beginning, and there is more to learn about truth
  • Truth is both non-dual and dual
  • At the highest level of non-dual consciousness, there is only one absolute truth
  • Most people live in a dualistic state of consciousness, where relative truths are useful for manipulating reality
  • Absolute truth is the substance of the entire universe
  • Usefulness and practicality are part of absolute truth
  • Asking "what's in it for me" when pursuing truth is a limited way of thinking
  • The pursuit of truth is an end in itself and can bring a sense of fulfillment and meaning to life
  • Understanding truth can bring about changes in behavior and actions
  • The pursuit of truth requires letting go of ego and attachments.
  • The speaker is trying to communicate the significance of discovering the absolute truth and how it can transform a person
  • They try to make their teachings interesting and engaging, sometimes using dramatic or emotional language
  • They make outrageous claims, but the significance of discovering the truth will outweigh those claims
  • It is not egotistical to claim to know the absolute truth, but it is important to experience and understand it for oneself
  • Be wary of anyone who claims to know the truth and uses it as part of their brand or teaching, as it could be a tactic used by those who seek to co-opt the truth
  • Truth is not a property of the mind or brain, and it is not a human phenomenon
  • Go deeper in understanding truth and be wary of any belief system or ideology that claims to have all the answers
  • Truth can be difficult to understand and accept, and it may challenge or contradict previously held beliefs
  • Do not be afraid to question and challenge your own beliefs and understandings of truth
  • The journey to understanding truth is a personal one, and it may not be the same for everyone
  • The speaker's content is not ideological, but rather serves a pragmatic purpose
  • The content is meant to be used as mental scaffolding, to be used and discarded as needed
  • The content is not meant to be worshipped or taken as gospel, but rather to be used as a tool to motivate, inspire, and engage the viewer
  • The viewer should not study the content in the same way that Christians study the Bible, but rather use it as a tool to learn and discover new information
  • Once the content is no longer useful, it should be discarded
  • The viewer should not cling too closely to the content, but rather use it to enhance their life.

The Power Of Letting Go - How To Overcome Clinginess, Attachment, OCD
https://youtu.be/AlB6OklejyA

• Introduction to the concept of letting go and how it can transform your life
  • Description of a simple technique for letting go, which involves identifying something within your experience and letting it go
  • Suggestion to turn the technique into a game that you play with yourself every day
  • Examples of applying the technique, such as letting go of an itch on your face, an opinion or judgment about someone else, or a desire for a certain outcome
  • The importance of noticing and feeling things before letting them go
  • The role of consciousness in the process of letting go
  • The benefits of letting go, including increased happiness, freedom, and improved relationships
  • Tips for applying the technique in daily life, such as setting aside dedicated time for practice and letting go of one thing at a time
  • The potential challenges of letting go and how to overcome them
  • The idea that letting go is a lifelong practice and the importance of being consistent with it.
  • Practicing letting go of negative thoughts and feelings in order to improve mental health and well-being
  • Examples of negative thoughts and feelings to let go of:
  • Criticizing and getting angry at co-workers
  • Judging others
  • Not feeling like doing homework
  • Obsessing over others' perceptions of you
  • Feeling snubbed by a friend
  • Feeling inadequate compared to others
  • Being annoyed by physical flaws or insecurities about appearance
  • Feeling like quitting on a project
  • Rushing and feeling stressed
  • Worries about finances
  • Tension in the body
  • Urge to lie, cheat, steal, or manipulate
  • Needing to have the last word in an argument
  • Need for perfection
  • Desiring revenge
  • Holding grudges
  • Feeling entitled
  • Comparing oneself to others
  • Procrastination
  • It may take many attempts to let go of these negative thoughts and feelings
  • Being aware of one's actions on a micro level can help with this technique
  • The act of taking insults personally and repressing the desire to get back at someone can lead to obsessive thoughts and behaviors, also known as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Letting go of negative thoughts and desires can lead to a more satisfied and less neurotic way of living
  • Perfectionism and neurotic behavior can hinder creative endeavors, such as art
  • Letting go does not necessarily make a person cold-hearted or unable to feel emotions
  • Detachment and stoicism can be learned through practice and can lead to increased confidence and poise
  • Allowing for the possibility that things may not go as planned can lead to better outcomes and a sense of control in life
  • Letting go can lead to a sense of inner peace and the ability to handle stress more effectively
  • The practice of letting go can be beneficial in relationships and lead to greater empathy and understanding.
  • The speaker is talking about a technique for letting go
  • The technique involves practicing letting go every day
  • The goal is to eventually let go of the need to be alive, one's life story, self-involvement, internal dialogue, worry and fear, physical pain, and attachments to people and things
  • The technique will be useful in various areas of life, such as business, family, health, and finances
  • The technique is simple and fundamental, and is powerful because it helps regulate the "bottleneck" through which all of life comes
  • It is important to practice the technique now in order to be prepared for when everything must be let go (death)
  • The technique is like investing in a retirement account, with small payoffs at first and larger payoffs later
  • The technique will be especially helpful when using psychedelics, meditation, yoga, and other spiritual practices

What Is Love - Part 2 - The Brutal Nature Of Love
https://youtu.be/d7B7A3GBdMw

• Introduction to the topic of love, warning that the content may be controversial and offensive
  • Mention of previous experience at an Enlightenment intensive retreat
  • Encounter with Buddhists at the retreat who had a narrow view of what enlightenment should be
  • The leader of the retreat's decision to not allow dogmatic Buddhists at future retreats
  • Emphasis on the existential aspects of love in the speaker's teachings
  • Love as a radical and controversial topic that is easily misunderstood and abused
  • Definition of love as the realization of unity and non-separation
  • The importance of understanding the nature of love and its connection to the self
  • Love as a way of being, rather than an emotion or concept
  • The brutal nature of love, including the challenges and struggles it can bring
  • The necessity of facing and overcoming these challenges in order to fully realize love
  • The interconnectedness of all beings and the role of love in recognizing and embracing this interdependence
  • The power of love to transform and transcend the ego
  • The potential for love to bring about a shift in consciousness and bring about healing and liberation
  • The importance of surrendering to love and letting go of the ego's control
  • The role of honesty and vulnerability in the journey towards realizing love.
  • The protagonist in the movie has a dog who is with him the whole time
  • At the end of the movie, the dog is bitten by zombies and becomes a zombie
  • The protagonist tries to save the dog by administering medicine, but it is unsuccessful
  • The protagonist realizes that he has to kill the dog, his best friend, in order to save it from suffering as a zombie
  • The scene is emotional and shows the brutality of love
  • The scene leads to a discussion about the gravity of love and reality
  • Love and reality are the same thing, and the infinite scope of reality creates brutality
  • Most people have a narrow perspective of reality and do not understand the full scope of it
  • From a wider perspective, it becomes clear that all aspects of reality, including brutality, are inherent to the infinity of consciousness
  • Consciousness, or the protagonist in the movie, must confront and accept all aspects of itself in order to truly understand and embody love and reality.
  • Universal law: if something is happening and you can't see the love in it, your perspective isn't wide enough
  • Corollary: if you see someone doing "evil," they are acting in the name of love from their perspective
  • Example: lion hunting an antelope is essential for survival and therefore contributes to the overall love of the universe
  • Example: person committing a crime may be doing so out of love for their family or community
  • The universe is constantly seeking to maximize love and evolve towards higher levels of consciousness
  • This means that everyone and everything is acting in the name of love, even if it doesn't appear that way from our limited perspective.
  • The speaker discusses the complexity and interconnectedness of reality, using the example of a man who builds landing gear for drones used in bombings in the Middle East
  • The man's children are unaware of the source of their Christmas gifts, which were funded by the man's job building landing gear for drones
  • The speaker argues that without understanding the interconnectedness of reality, it is impossible to fully understand love
  • The speaker introduces the example of cancer, explaining that it is often caused by lifestyle factors such as unhealthy food and chemicals in products
  • The speaker suggests that society's enjoyment of modern conveniences and products, such as fast food and plastic products, is a form of love
  • The speaker discusses the interconnectedness of cancer and modern society, explaining that cancer treatments and medical technology also contribute to the problem
  • The speaker concludes by urging the listener to consider the complexity and interconnectedness of reality and to strive to live in harmony with it.
  • Cheating in a relationship can be caused by love
  • It is difficult to admit, especially if you have been cheated on
  • The person who cheated may have loved the person they cheated on, but their actions were motivated by other factors such as boredom or temptation
  • Love can lead to negative actions, such as a husband beating his wife
  • Negative actions can be caused by a person's history and psychology
  • It is important to understand the factors that led to negative actions in order to address the underlying issues and potentially prevent similar actions in the future
  • Love is a complex emotion that can manifest in many different ways
  • It is important to recognize and address negative expressions of love in order to create healthy relationships.
  • The pursuit of love is serious and truthful
  • Contemplate how survival and devilry (destruction, death, suffering, killing, pain) are crucial to love
  • Without survival, nothing can exist and happiness cannot be achieved
  • Devilry is necessary for survival, but hating and making mockery of God is a low consciousness activity
  • Love is directly proportional to level of consciousness; the more conscious, the more self-acceptance and self-love, leading to love for the whole world
  • Evil occurs when consciousness is less than infinite; it is not created by God
  • Work on increasing self-love and self-acceptance to conquer evil and raise consciousness
  • Love and consciousness are interconnected; love is the highest form of consciousness
  • The ego (self-centeredness) is the opposite of love and blocks growth in consciousness
  • Love is the answer to all problems; it is the foundation of all solutions
  • Love is the highest form of intelligence and the only true power
  • Love can conquer all obstacles and bring peace and happiness.
  • The speaker imagines different scenarios in which one might become a disabled person, an ugly person, a mentally ill person, a murderer, a rapist, a cannibal, a tyrant or dictator, a feminist, a white nationalist, a thief, a greedy criminal CEO, and asks the listener to imagine fully embracing these identities without fear or resistance.
  • The speaker suggests that this complete selflessness and desire to explore all possible states of consciousness is equivalent to God and is the reason for the existence of life.
  • The speaker asserts that everything, including the present moment, is being imagined by God, and that God's selflessness allows for selfishness to exist.
  • The speaker advises that in order to be a good person, one should be conscious, surrender fears and personal needs, and practice non-judgment and self-acceptance.
  • One approach is described as masculine and Zen-like
  • The other approach is described as feminine and heart-centered, possibly with Christian influences
  • The speaker believes that combining these two approaches is a more "juicy" and fulfilling way to do this work, compared to just the cold and stoic Zen approach

How Fear Works - Part 1 - The Ultimate Guide To Dealing With Fear
https://youtu.be/meiMUbYEQ4U

• Introduction to the two-part series on fear
  • Importance of understanding fear and its deep, existential nature
  • Lack of proper education on fear in society
  • Materialistic focus in society hinders understanding of fear
  • Fear is a universal problem of consciousness, not just a psychological issue
  • Fear has both physiological and psychological effects on the body
  • Fight or flight response to fear
  • Fear can be positive in certain situations, such as alerting us to danger
  • Fear can also be negative and lead to avoidance or anxiety
  • Fear can be irrational or irrational
  • The ego and fear
  • Fear can be used to manipulate and control people
  • Fear is linked to the unknown and the future
  • Fear can hold us back from achieving our goals and living our full potential
  • Fear is a key component in doing accurate science
  • Fear can prevent accurate perception of reality
  • Identity is closely tied to fear
  • What you identify with defines what you fear, and vice versa
  • Examples of different identities (mother/father, career, possessions, success/fame/status) and the corresponding fears that come with them
  • All fear is relative to personal identity
  • People will constantly battle the things they fear
  • Deep examination of fear and how to overcome it is necessary
  • Fear ultimately boils down to a loss of self
  • Making oneself up involves lying to oneself that one has made oneself up, because otherwise the "game is up" and one's identity is revealed as arbitrary
  • Identities form at a young age and can be difficult to change due to social reactions and personal attachments
  • The ultimate fear is death, both physical and psychological (death of self-image)
  • Examples of extreme attachments to identity include radical Muslims and suicide bombers
  • Everyone experiences these attachments to identity to some degree
  • The key to overcoming fear is to understand that one's identity is not fixed, but rather it is something that can be changed and that change does not equal a loss of self
  • The key to finding true happiness is to let go of attachments to identity and to embrace change and uncertainty.
  • Widespread fear exists in society
  • Different levels and gradations of fear
  • Materialist paradigm influences belief in the reality of fear
  • Fear is relative to how one defines oneself
  • Danger is also relative
  • Objectivity is a product of subjective perceptions and interpretation
  • Fear can be manipulated and used for control
  • Ways to overcome fear include understanding its nature and seeking a higher perspective
  • Fear can be transformed into something positive through understanding and acceptance
  • Nervousness can dominate you and cause unconscious reactions
  • Real power is being conscious and responding consciously even in danger
  • Most daily fears are minor and can be analyzed and practiced with mindfulness
  • Fear is resistance to a future experience
  • To overcome fear, surrender to the thing being feared
  • Attachment creates fear, so letting go of attachments can eliminate fear
  • Practice overcoming fear with small things before moving on to bigger challenges
  • Surrendering to fear allows you to experience it and learn from it, rather than avoiding it
  • Our minds often exaggerate the negative outcomes of feared experiences
  • It is possible to train the mind to not resist feared experiences
  • Practice surrendering to fear in small ways, gradually increasing the level of challenge
  • It is important to be honest with yourself about what you are afraid of
  • Allow yourself to feel and experience fear, rather than trying to suppress it
  • When facing a feared experience, take deep breaths, focus on the present moment, and accept the uncertainty of the future
  • Remember that fear is just a feeling and cannot harm you physically
  • Recognize that you have the strength and resources to handle difficult situations, even if you feel afraid.
  • Opposite of what you may think: experiencing and surrendering to any experience is a sign of strength, not weakness
  • This type of strength is spiritual, not physical
  • Most people believe it is impossible to fully experience and not resist any experience, but this is because they think it is an ideology or a way to psych oneself up
  • True strength comes from being fully conscious and realizing that no harm is actually done to you, even if something physically harmful happens
  • This requires surrendering the belief that you are a physical body and aligning with truth (capital T)
  • Fear is difficult to work with because it is irrational and attached to survival, but it can be overcome with consciousness and truth
  • This requires a lot of work and may not be possible for most people due to their lack of consciousness about truth
  • Person is talking about different types of fears: macro fears (big, consistent fears that affect behavior and decisions) and micro fears (small, everyday fears that dominate daily life and thoughts)
  • Examples of macro fears: fear of losing money, fear of looking stupid in public, fear of losing attractiveness
  • Examples of micro fears: fear of running out of toilet paper, fear of getting caught in a lie, fear of forgetting something important, fear of driving over a speed bump too fast, fear of spilling something on your clothes
  • Micro fears can seem small and insignificant, but they can dominate daily life and shape habits and survival strategies
  • Importance of developing mindfulness to recognize and address these micro fears
  • Life is a love simulator that presents fear in order to be transcended through love
  • Fear is often overcome through reacting against it or avoiding it, rather than understanding that it is an illusion
  • Real growth and a permanent solution to fear comes from confronting and understanding it as an illusion
  • Avoiding fear leads to stagnation and a victim mentality
  • To truly overcome fear and use it as a tool for growth, it is necessary to confront it directly
  • This may take time and effort, but it is the key to transcending fear and living a more fulfilling life
  • Love and consciousness are key to overcoming fear
  • Fear is a natural response that can be helpful in short-term survival situations
  • Fear can become a negative emotion if it is not resolved and instead creates a cycle of negative motivation
  • Negative motivation (acting on fear) only solves problems in the short term and does not lead to long-term resolution
  • Fear can be unhealthy in the long term and prevent growth and achievement
  • A better approach is to let go of fear and instead focus on vision, love, and higher values
  • Homework assignment: observe micro fears every day for a week and write them down at the end of each day

How Fear Works - Part 2 - The Ultimate Guide To Dealing With Fear
https://youtu.be/3ouiCKtqbCo

• Fear is necessary for basic survival
  • The work of Actualized.org is focused on going beyond basic survival
  • Fear is relative and can be irrational
  • Fear is self-biased and selfish
  • Fear is often imaginary and a projection of our own beliefs and experiences
  • It is important to recognize the role of our thoughts and beliefs in creating fear
  • We can use mindfulness and self-inquiry to identify and challenge our fearful thoughts
  • We can take action to face our fears and build confidence
  • It is important to have a support system and seek help when needed
  • The ultimate goal is to live beyond fear and find peace and freedom.
  • The idea that the fear of self is similar to the fear of other, reality, God, consciousness, truth, and love
  • The process of expanding one's sense of self to transcend fear
  • The concept of God being the total absence of fear and the acceptance of oneself
  • The idea that humans are currently God, but not conscious of it
  • The process of deepening one's realization of this concept and shedding fear as a result
  • The challenge of rewiring the mind and achieving emotional mastery in order to fully transcend fear
  • The possibility that only hardcore mystics like Jesus or Buddha may fully transcend fear
  • The importance of letting go of the ego in order to transcend fear and achieve enlightenment
  • The role of consciousness in the process of transcending fear and the concept of non-dual consciousness
  • Fear is a feeling that can be distinguished from other feelings like anger, happiness, sexual arousal, and frustration
  • Thoughts contribute to the feeling of fear, but fear is not the same as a thought
  • It is important to practice mindfulness to distinguish fear from other feelings
  • Fear can be a valuable indicator of potentially harmful or dangerous situations, but in an absolute sense, all fear is false and inaccurate perception
  • It is important to make relativistic distinctions between different types of fear, but ultimately, fear is untruthful and relative to one's survival and the identity they cling to
  • It is difficult for people to give up their lives or the comforts they have, and often they can't because of the potential consequences
  • The goal is to be able to experience fear and not be afraid of it
  • It is possible to work through fear and get to the other side, where one can experience life without fear
  • This process involves learning to feel fear and be present with it, rather than avoiding or reacting to it
  • It takes patience and practice to work through fear, but ultimately it leads to a greater sense of freedom and understanding of the true nature of reality
  • Two people go on a trip and take LSD
  • One person takes a full dose while the other takes a quarter dose to remain aware
  • They trip all day and nothing unusual happens
  • As the sun sets, they hear footsteps and rustling in the bushes
  • The footsteps get louder and closer, but they do not see an animal
  • They become scared and make noise and run back to the car
  • They suspect it was a small black bear, but never saw it
  • The story illustrates the difference between fear and caution
  • Some obstacles in life need to be taken seriously
  • Fear-based religions or spiritual teachings are corrupt and false
  • God does not want us to fear him
  • Fear can prevent us from learning and growing
  • It is important to face our fears and find the courage to overcome them
  • quitting current job to start a new business will bring new challenges and require personal growth
  • overcoming fears and building self-esteem and confidence
  • 10 years ago, made the decision to quit comfortable job and start a business, overcame various fears and it was a good decision
  • committing to a relationship that one is afraid to commit to can be bold and push comfort zone
  • breaking off a dysfunctional relationship and raising standards to find a new partner can be bold and scary, but can lead to personal growth
  • approaching someone in a social setting, even if it may be rejected, can lead to personal growth and make it easier to approach others in the future
  • asking for a raise or pursuing a dream can be bold moves
  • moving to a new country can be a bold and scary decision, but can lead to personal growth and new experiences
  • Fear is often based on future events, not present ones
  • Even if there is a bear in the room, fear of the bear is based on thoughts of what it might do in the future
  • It is difficult, but possible, to conquer fear in dangerous situations
  • Technique number 6 for dealing with fear is using psychedelics
  • Psychedelics can help with PTSD and end-of-life fears
  • Psychedelics can also help with anxiety and depression
  • It is important to use psychedelics safely and responsibly
  • The most important thing is to develop a daily meditation practice
  • The speaker suggests using visualization as a way to feel more positive and crowd out negative thoughts
  • Visualization involves imagining a positive outcome for a situation that may cause fear or anxiety
  • It is important to do visualization daily, even if only for a few minutes at a time
  • Visualization can increase confidence and help generate positive ideas and strategies
  • It is important to be proactive in creating one's life rather than simply letting it happen
  • While visualization and other methods for combating fear take effort, most people do not do them because they are lazy and complacent
  • The speaker suggests finding a coach or mentor to help with personal growth and overcoming fear.
  • Fear is a natural part of life and can be healthy if it is dealt with in a healthy way
  • Asking someone about their fears can be a powerful way to build rapport and understand them better
  • Understanding and communicating about fear can be important for leadership
  • There is no magic trick for overcoming fear, but facing and dealing with it can lead to a deeper understanding of oneself and the universe
  • Avoiding fear and avoiding dealing with it can have negative consequences in life
  • Ultimately, fear is often a fear of love and the realization that everything is one and interconnected
  • Life pushes us to confront and explore more of ourselves, but this can be threatening to our limited ego and petty attachments
  • The key to dealing with fear is to face it, understand it, and recognize that it is a natural part of life.

Understanding Impermanence - Why Reality Is Always Changing
https://youtu.be/ZCS4NsCdQaM

• Introduction to the concept of impermanence
  • Impermanence is a fundamental teaching of Buddhism and Hinduism
  • The term for impermanence in Pali is "Anisha," which means non-constant or impermanent
  • The term for impermanence in Sanskrit is "Anitya," which also means non-constant
  • The concept of impermanence is present in many spiritual traditions, not just Eastern traditions
  • The concept of impermanence means that all form (including thoughts, emotions, and material objects) is non-constant and always arises and passes away
  • Reality must be structured this way because the universe and our present experience (i.e. "God") is a shapeshifter
  • Impermanence helps us to let go of attachments and to see the true nature of reality
  • Practice exercises to help understand and experience impermanence in daily life
  • The benefits of understanding and practicing impermanence in daily life
  • A shapeshifter would be stuck in one form
  • Locking a TV screen to one image would ruin the TV
  • It may seem counterintuitive, but if a parent fully loved their child the way God does, they would let their child go and appreciate their impermanence
  • Clinging to a child is a limited form of love, while letting them go is the unlimited form
  • God wants a child to experience all possible incarnations and the infinity of what they are, which includes suffering, pain, disease, death, aging, and rebirth
  • A parent may fear these things for their child and project their own fears onto them
  • The loss of good things may seem like evidence of evil in the universe or God's imperfection, but it is actually evidence of absolute love and the importance of understanding impermanence
  • Suffering and loss are necessary for growth and evolution
  • The true nature of reality is impermanence, and it is important to understand and accept this in order to live a fulfilling and meaningful life
  • Evolution is a continuous cycle of life
  • If a species froze itself in a primitive form, there would be no room for the development of more complex or beautiful species
  • The perspective of humans is limited and they are not thinking about future generations or the impact their actions have on others
  • The concept of survival is based on the idea that one form must replace another, leading to a zero-sum game
  • To try to make one's own form permanent is "devilry" and goes against the infinity of the universe
  • Humans often try to freeze certain aspects of their lives, leading to evil in the world
  • To extinguish evil, humans must let go of the desire to freeze certain things and instead embrace change
  • The concept of good and evil is subjective and depends on one's perspective
  • The ultimate goal is to realize one's own infinitude and to let go of the desire for permanence
  • Video game invented by Nintendo
  • Idea that video game should be a monopoly and only one game made
  • This would be bad for creativity and diversity in video games
  • God trying to maximize creative diversity in life
  • Human species causing problems by overpopulating planet and killing off other species
  • Diversity is an important aspect of reality
  • Ethnocentric and white supremacist thinking is damaging
  • Monopolies cannot be maintained in reality
  • Impermanence of life makes it exciting and fresh
  • Kisses made better by impermanence
  • Appreciating differences and change
  • Universe constantly expanding and changing
  • God trying to bring about balance in the universe
  • Human species needs to learn to share the planet with other species and not try to dominate everything
  • The goal is not to freeze anything, but to allow for constant change and evolution
  • The speaker believes that Sadhguru's teachings are good overall, but they may become corrupt in the future
  • The speaker suggests that the attempt to codify and strictly follow Sadhguru's teachings may lead to corruption, as it is easy to change a small part of the teachings and have students blindly memorize it
  • The speaker argues that students must fully understand and integrate the concept of impermanence in order to avoid corruption of teachings
  • The speaker uses the example of the English language to illustrate the idea that languages, and perhaps teachings, evolve over time and cannot be fixed or preserved in their current form
  • The speaker mentions corporations that cling to outdated business models and products, citing examples such as Kodak, Polaroid, and Blockbuster
  • The speaker criticizes corporations that continue to sell cigarettes despite the knowledge that they cause cancer and harm people's health
  • There is a paradox between permanence and impermanence
  • The relative world (Maya, samsara, or the "world of form") is impermanent, while the true self (Godhead, emptiness, Nirvana, or formlessness) is permanent
  • True enlightenment is realizing that these two things are actually the same
  • It takes multiple awakenings to fully understand this, as the first awakening involves realizing the distinction between form and formlessness
  • The idea that form is formlessness and Nirvana is Maya is not unique to Buddhism
  • These ideas have been present in various cultures and traditions around the world for thousands of years
  • The truth about the nature of reality is not of human origin
  • This work involves realizing oneness at deeper and deeper levels
  • It is important not to get caught up in specific traditions and instead to understand that these ideas are universal truths that have been present throughout human history.
  • Philosophy can be seen as a waste of time, but it can also be very beneficial
  • Tendency to seek pleasure and material things is the problem in people's lives
  • The goal of this work is to introduce people to the depth and complexity of life
  • Philosophy can seem abstract and disconnected from real-world consequences, but it takes time and patience to see the significance
  • This work is a slow, long-term process, not a sprint
  • Only a small percentage of the material has been shared so far
  • Most people do not engage in deep questioning or introspection
  • Asking deep questions can be unpopular and not financially rewarding
  • The goal is to inspire people to ask deeper questions and to live more fulfilling lives

Announcement - Actualized.org Launching On Patreon + Vision For The Future
https://youtu.be/YYoNpU9rY_k

• Patreon is a platform that enables creators to receive small monthly contributions from supporters
  • Actualized.org's creator uses Patreon to support and grow their business
  • The creator aims to balance maintaining the quality of their work with financial stability and sustainability
  • Patreon donations will be used to expand, improve, and grow Actualized.org, rather than for personal financial gain
  • Donations can help fund cutting-edge research that will advance mankind
  • Some of the techniques and chemicals being used are life-transforming technologies
  • Donations allow the speaker to share more freely and focus on creating the best content without worrying about monetization or other factors
  • Donations could be used to spread the word about the speaker's work and attract new viewers through targeted ads
  • Donations could also be used to create more polished and well-produced videos featuring 3D or 2D visualizations of metaphysical and epistemological topics
  • These videos would be expensive to produce, but could potentially draw in more views and a larger audience
  • Donations could also be used to support the speaker's personal growth and development, including through therapy or coaching sessions
  • Finally, donations could be used to support the speaker's work on developing a comprehensive philosophy that integrates various fields and disciplines