eTorro

What Leo Says About Ketamine Is Objectively True For Everyone

4 posts in this topic

Hello.

I fasted for about five days and ate a full-Swiss dark chocolate (75% cocoa) with little sugar.

Before eating it, I sensed that my mind was hyperactive and that I wasn't completely free of micro-suffering.

After eating the whole bar, my mind was in a state of complete silence — the burden of micro-suffering lifted, just like it does when you take Ketamine.

I can speak with certainty about the effects of taking a substance like caffeine because I'm a hard-core practitioner — I've been meditating for about five years, daily. My levels of awareness are through the roof now but I still have egoic leftovers that I need to relinquish.

Anyways, substances are good for learning — they lift anxiety, depression, and an awful mood (if we're conscious enough to have this perspective) just to "make" us realize that there's a state of mind utterly free of suffering, in which learning is effortless and creativity is EASY.

What stands in the way of working on ourselves is the egoic mind, which produces a lot of suffering: doubt, confusion, despair, restlessness, inability to focus, and many other illnesses.

The question is: "How long will it take for the ego to subside completely?"

My understanding is that it won't subside as long as you're expecting it to subside. Cuz when you're expecting it to subside, you're doing it from the ego. You need to keep inquiring, "who wants the ego to subside?". Try to find it.

9 hours ago, eTorro said:

What stands in the way of working on ourselves is the egoic mind, which produces a lot of suffering: doubt, confusion, despair, restlessness, inability to focus, and many other illnesses.

The question is: "How long will it take for the ego to subside completely?"

I would be wary of perfectionism and thinking you're going to eliminate all these things completely. Life tends to be messier than that.

On 12/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, aurum said:

I would be wary of perfectionism and thinking you're going to eliminate all these things completely. Life tends to be messier than that.

Facts. Just when you think you’ve fixed some major issue in your life, you create 100 more lol

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI