The Mystical Man

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

23 posts in this topic

This book is so much better than I thought it would be. I thought it would be a shallow self-help book, but it's like a Jed McKenna book. Get it here.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

A summary by the author ⬆️

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@The Mystical Man LMAO it was so surreal to watch this trailer. I never thought Manson would make a film about his book

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

9 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@The Mystical Man LMAO it was so surreal to watch this trailer. I never thought Manson would make a film about his book

I thought it's a promotion for the book ?

@The Mystical Man Nah dude, it looks clear to me that its a trailer for an actual film!

Be-Do-Have

Just now, Ulax said:

@The Mystical Man Nah dude, it looks clear to me that its a trailer for an actual film!

Yes, it is. But at first I thought it's a joke ?

Just happened to pick up this book the other day as well. Not necessarily expecting that much from it, but at the end of the day the title grabbed me enough lol. Good to hear you liked it.

17 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

the title grabbed me enough

The title is actually one of the reasons why I didn't want to read this book, because I thought it's about not caring what other people think of you, but it's much more profound than that; it gets to the heart of what spiritual embodiment is about: it's actually a very spiritual book, reminiscent of Jed McKenna.

I'm reading Manson's first book now: Models.

Good book, good author! Too bad that many people miss out on this book because of its title. The only reason I purchased this book about two years ago was because of its title lol.

I'd also like to recommend the book "Everything is f*cked" by this author.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

On 16/12/2022 at 0:33 AM, The Mystical Man said:

Yes, it is. But at first I thought it's a joke ?

@The Mystical Man Ahh i get u, i thought the same too at first lol

Be-Do-Have

Great podcast:

Ya it's a great book I have read this book and heard the summary of Manson's second book. Also I am currently reading models.

8 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Also I am currently reading models

Models is great.

6 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

Remember Mark Manson was a student of Ken Wilber 

That explains a lot.

Love the line of 

Desiring positive experiences is a negative experience - accepting negative experience is a positive experience

Should be psychology 101 but that's the most important line in this book

On 1/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, flyingguitarist said:

Remember Mark Manson was a student of Ken Wilber 

Well... I dunno if he actually, physically studied WITH him.  But he read his books. lol.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 12/17/2022 at 10:32 AM, Lila9 said:

I'd also like to recommend the book "Everything is f*cked" by this author.

I'm two chapters in. Manson is a good writer.