Florian

My Life Purpose & Science Part 2

5 posts in this topic

This is the second Part of the post I did on the Life Purpose Subforum where I post the notes of my own insights that I have made until now contemplating my new field of interest so that anyone who has any feedback can give me that feedback

Science =

The whole of humankinds logical understanding of reality.

-(male perspective on reality?)

-base principle -> division

Is there an opposite to science? 

-the whole of humankinds emotional understanding of reality?

-Empathy?

Logic =

The continuity of reality/the ability to see continuity

-> Science is the investigation of the continuities of reality

Subsciences

Chemistry:

-The investigation of matter

Matter = 

the substance of the 3D World

Math

-the language used in science made of numbers and shit like that

I like this. Though I'm not sure what kind feedback you're actually looking for. I say the definitions are correct for as long as they serve you. There is no doubt that you'll be updating them quite regularly as you learn.

On 13.12.2022 at 2:53 PM, Florian said:

Science =

The whole of humankinds logical understanding of reality.

-(male perspective on reality?)

-base principle -> division

Science is:

• a method ("the hypothetico-deductive method"): falsifying hypotheses by doing experiments/observations and interpreting data.
  • a field of study: a set of paradigms, methodologies, theories, hypotheses, methods, measurements, conclusions, predictions, explanations, descriptions.

A "logical understanding" applies to many fields of study: scientific, philosophical, spiritual, personal. 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@A Fellow Lighter Im not really sure what kind of feedback I was looking for either. Maybe just someone like you saying "ye that seems about right" cause I am always unsure if what I think is complete bullshit and kind of expect people to react like that when I express my thoughts. So thanks for that feedback I guess haha

1 hour ago, Florian said:

@A Fellow Lighter Im not really sure what kind of feedback I was looking for either. Maybe just someone like you saying "ye that seems about right" cause I am always unsure if what I think is complete bullshit and kind of expect people to react like that when I express my thoughts. So thanks for that feedback I guess haha

Okay.. that's cool, man.

Of course, it is your responsibility to keep track of your definitions and see if they actually do apply in the grand scheme of things. 

If they prove themselves useful and actually serve then they aren't bullcrap. If not, then you'll have to reconsider their meaning.