Adei

Marijuana

62 posts in this topic

Nope marijuana is a lame 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Adei said:

Is marijuana a psychedelic?

Depends, if you have done psychedelics before. In that they change your mind and when you come back and try weed, it becomes psychedelic.
At least in my experience.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Based on the serotonin receptor definition of psychedelics, it is not, and personally I don't see how you can compare a marijuana high to a proper psychedelic experience, but apparently people do compare them, Leo included.

There's a lot more trash weed out there than there is quality weed, which is even more true when it comes to hashish. It can be difficult to evaluate the difference without knowledge and experience with the substance, so if you're going to experiment, preparation and caution are advised.

Weed can definitely be psychedelic, but most of it isn't. Also there are other factors to keep in mind like some strains will make you lazy (indica) while others will stimulate your mind without making you lazy (sativa), and then of course there's hybrid strains. Each category has a huge variety of sub-categories within it.

There are definitely some big downsides weed has to traditional psychedelics though, like

• Weed has a lot higher potential for addiction and abuse
  • It's a lot more difficult to implement the insights and ideas that you gained in your trip into your everyday life.
  • It highly stimulates your endocannabinoid system, making it less sensitive to natural rewards like a post-exercise-high.
  • Increases food cravings, including but not limited to unhealthy and processed foods, while classical psychedelics tend to have the opposite effect.
Edited by CultivateLove

I have been addicted to weed in the past I know what it feels like. To me there's zero psychedelic property to weed. Not even close. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

If you consider psychedelic to mean a substance that activates the same receptors and works via the same mechanisms as classical psychedelics like LSD or Mushrooms then no, Cannabis is in it's own category.

But if you consider psychedelic to mean simply substances that can cause drastic alterations of consciousness then yes absolutely. But it heavily depends on the individual, the method of consumption, the tolerance level, and the quality of weed.

In my experimentations I've found smoking strong sativa strains can reliably (moreso with lower tolerance) generate visual effects both open and closed eyed, while enabling deep introspection, especially when used with the right set and setting. While edibles, vaping, and anything with a lot of CBD in it don't work very well (and I've come to actively dislike and usually avoid these). But it massively varies from person to person.

Psychedelic possibilities open up with marijuana after you have a few classic psychedelic experiences in my experience. After my own experiences with classic psychedelics, marijuana hits very different and I have to be careful not to smoke too much else I wind up tripping really hard, having oneness experiences, or bad trips. So to answer your question, yes. Marijuana can be a psychedelic but I think its got to do more with you than anything else. 

I've had several mind blowing awakenings after smoking high thc ganja.  My sense of ego went bye bye and I became the emptiness of the room I was in.  But again, I wasn't IN the room, I was just pure spirit (emptiness, but the center of it all).  Then another time I realized that I was just the bubble.  I was the bubble, (the Universe, complete with hands, legs and partial torso, all a projection out of nothing to convince myself that I'm a human on earth, but realizing in truth that the Universe is grounded in nothing...it's just the bubble...and the solipsism video just confirmed my awakenings...).  I love it.

It is. But it has it's cons, as some psychedelics do. In my experience I started to have mystical experiences on weed first, then transitioned to classical psychedelics.

I find that Kriya yoga gives you the same psychedelic experience as shrooms or LSD (haven't tried anything apart of that). Also you are sober and feel like on a small dose of psychedelics but way way more focused without any of the unwanted body loads.

Mahadev

Cannabis might be a superior substance to classic psychedelics for doing trauma work.

Nothing lifts emotional dissociation like cannabis.

But it's important not to overdo it. One puff is enough. Then sit and feel into your body, ask yourself "what is it that I don't want to feel"?, then go there.

Edited by vladorion

Marijuana is fucking fire. Smoke that shit.

it relaxes the body, very good for yoga and meditation at low doses. Try having sex on it if you have a partner, or just masturbate.

don’t smoke more than once a week.

@John Paul It’s bad mmmmkay

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Definition from  Psychonaut Wiki : "Psychedelic" derives from the Greek words ψυχή (psyche, "soul, mind") and δηλείν (delein, "to manifest") which taken together mean "mind-manifesting" or "soul-manifesting." The implication was that psychedelics can allow one to access the soul and develop unused potentials of the human mind.

By that definition would you classify cannabis as a psychedelic?

If you define drug categories by how they affect brain chemistry, THC would fall into the category of cannabinoids.

3 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

Definition from  Psychonaut Wiki : "Psychedelic" derives from the Greek words ψυχή (psyche, "soul, mind") and δηλείν (delein, "to manifest") which taken together mean "mind-manifesting" or "soul-manifesting." The implication was that psychedelics can allow one to access the soul and develop unused potentials of the human mind.

By that definition would you classify cannabis as a psychedelic?

If you define drug categories by how they affect brain chemistry, THC would fall into the category of cannabinoids.

Definitely.

By the drug categories definition, drugs like salvia, ketamine etc. are also not psychedelic.

It certainly is for me.

I can reach God-mode with one droplet of vaporized THC.

I can be as conscious on a few droplets of THC as I can on 5-MeO-DMT. But THC lasts 4x longer.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Adei

Marijuanna is legal to purchase and possess where I live. So I've been experimenting with various protocols to see if it can create a psychedelic effect. So far, I'd say the results have been mixed. I may do a full report with all my trips in the future.

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

@Thought Art xD if weed is bad mushroom must be really bad 

? Why

◭"89"