funkychunkymonkey

nightclub etiquette? (danceclub)

22 posts in this topic

for the first time ever i stepped out of my comfortzone and went to a nightclub. i had a fucking blast! i used to be afraid to dance i was terrified, but felt the music said fuck it and i had a fucking blast that was a phobia i really was afraid i could never face i did now i wanna be a great dancer lol

ANYWAYS!

what do u guys think a newbie to clubs should know? and how the hell do u properly navigate a dance floor? i had to take a fucking piss! ended up holding it for like a half hour till a tiny hallway opened up.

much love guys!

Glad to hear it, mate! As far as etiquette I’d say be extremely cautious of what you talk about and how you’re coming across to everyone. Don’t stand out too much and try to blend in well. I went to a Halloween party I made a thread about a while ago and it was fun. Not a blast, but fun. It was basically a Halloween themed costume party night club. I was able to get away with letting loose and opening up which usually gets me in trouble, though I was still paranoid which is why it was only fun instead of a blast. I think Halloween tends to activate a type of care free spirit in people that greatly helps with socializing. 

What type of music did they play when you went?

Shit and piss before you go out. Then don't drink.

When it comes to dancing, it's real simple: don't try to be a "good dancer" or to impress anyone or to look cool. Dance like you don't give a fuck and having the most fun. That's how you win at dancing. The one who wins is the one who is having the most fun and doesn't care about being "good" at it.

As far as etiquette goes, just don't rape anyone and you'll be fine.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

just don't rape anyone and you'll be fine.

What if ur a noob at the kino ladder and you put your hands on her hips too early? Then she might just tell the bouncers/staff you made her uncomfortable then you’re kicked out. With my luck that’s how it goes even though I’m not trying to be a threat. I’ve been kicked out for less.

Just look at some guys who have experience and try to catch their vibe.

In Tate we trust

11 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

what do u guys think a newbie to clubs should know? and how the hell do u properly navigate a dance floor? i had to take a fucking piss!

You can push your way through the crowd. It takes some getting used to but most people accept others are going to push by them on the dancefloor to go meet their friends or to take a piss etc.

As long as you don't actually shove anyone or aggressively bump into anyone you can be fairly direct about pushing by people. Basically just don't be a dick while also being assertive while moving by people.

What I learned from trying to do pickup:

Dance on the streets. Dance in your house. Dance in your mind. Dance in love with yourself.

Take the real thing.

Take the real thing.

Take the real thing.

Take your Love.

AbunDANCE - I am it.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

don't try to be a "good dancer" or to impress anyone or to look cool. Dance like you don't give a fuck and having the most fun. That's how you win at dancing. The one who wins is the one who is having the most fun and doesn't care about being "good" at it.

So you’re telling me if I were to put in the countless hours needed to become as good as Dytto, I still wouldn’t get as much action as someone who sucks but is having lots of fun? Anyone willing to make that kind of dedication obviously loves dancing therefore they’d be having tons of fun AND showing mad skills.

@Emotionalmosquito Way too try-hard. Dancing at the club is not about being technically good. It's about just being a goofball.

The #1 mistake of dancing at the club is trying to make it look smooth, cool, and professional. When you behave this way you're not properly in state and you will make girls cringe.

Stop caring how you look. Get into state and then just open every girl.

Enjoy yourself rather than trying to impress people.

A good technique is to dance like an idiot on purpose. You and your wing try to dance in the most idiotic way possible. It's a race to the bottom, not the top.

Don't confuse club dancing with pro dancing you see in music videos. That shit is all fake and staged. No one is having fun doing that.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A good technique is to dance like an idiot on purpose. You and your wing try to dance in the most idiotic way possible. It's a race to the bottom, not the top.

Wow, that's a chad move 100%. Great idea!

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sincerity Counter-intuitive moves ;) :D

Now that I think about it, doing so WITHOUT a wing must be in an entirely different ballpark than with one. Although the latter can still difficult if one has problems letting loose.

Nevertheless... man. I must go for a level of confidence like this in my life. :D

Edited by Sincerity

I was reminded of this xDxDxD

Nobody beats Jim Carrey at idiotic dancing lol.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

. It's about just being a goofball.

i was the best dancer then! i was all smiles and giggles.

@Leo Gura

Very difficult to believe but awesome if true. I’d bet good money I’d get swiftly removed from the property if I tried to act like the dumbest wanky frank wild feet death roll popcorn pants on the dance floor. The majority are extremely un-cool in my area to put things lightly. But who knows, it might just work.

I took the counter intuitive option this one time where I went out on the dance floor and just stood still facing everyone.  They said I had to either dance or get off the floor because I was “intimidating people.” lol

2 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

I’d get swiftly removed from the property if I tried to act like the dumbest wanky frank wild feet death roll popcorn pants on the dance floor

I didn't say to go full mental patient mode.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura  that’s right. You did say be intentionally bad at dancing for fun goofball, not power level over nine thousand goofball. Thx for clarifying 

Always had a habit of taking things too far

@funkychunkymonkey Think for yourself, it’s just common sense to want people to laugh with you and not at you. Being good at dancing can only help you. Sure you have to let go while dancing but that doesn’t mean make yourself look like a joke, which the better the dancer the less of a joke you’ll look like. Leo misinterprets being counterintuitive as doing the opposite of the right thing all of the time which is completely stupid.  If you tried to do the wrong thing all of the time you would be a complete loser. 

Edited by johnlocke18

@johnlocke18 They only laugh when they see someone is trying to impress them. Because that would be funny.

On the other hand when you are worried about people laughing about you that doesn't sound like a fun time.

A girl that laughs at other people on the dancefloor is not my cup of tea anyways...

Edited by universe

6 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

@funkychunkymonkey Think for yourself, it’s just common sense to want people to laugh with you and not at you. Being good at dancing can only help you. Sure you have to let go while dancing but that doesn’t mean make yourself look like a joke, which the better the dancer the less of a joke you’ll look like. Leo misinterprets being counterintuitive as doing the opposite of the right thing all of the time which is completely stupid.  If you tried to do the wrong thing all of the time you would be a complete loser. 

People who look like they’re trying too hard are cringe. Most people on club dance floors barely dance at all anyway, it’s mostly two-stepping, swaying, head movement and fist pumps I see people doing. If you are the one giving a full on performance you’ll look like a prick and people will laugh at you, unless maybe it’s like crazy impressive but that’s unlikely on a crowded dance floor

if you just fuck about, feel into your body and joke around with people no one is going to laugh at you

Edited by something_else