spiritual memes

Nondual Teacher talking to far right pundit

100 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

I think climate change, nukes and militarized AI will challenge that statement.

Yeah, well, I will bet you otherwise.

A much higher intelligence is at work here. Civilization is smarter than any human.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, well, I will bet you otherwise.

A much higher intelligence is at work here.

Are you saying that God is going to step in and save us? Or that he's planned out a solution?

9 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Are you saying that God is going to step in and save us? Or that he's planned out a solution?

God's intelligence flows through the mechanism of evolution and civilization. God isn't going to step in. God has been running the show the whole time.

Civilization is a self-regulating hyper-intelligence. This doesn't mean there won't be a few disasters here and there.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

God's intelligence flows through the mechanism of evolution and civilization. God isn't going to step it. God has been running the show the whole time.

But what if gods plan is for humans to destroy themselves to make way for another species? Like with the dinosaurs? Perhaps gods plan is for enlightened AI to replace humanity

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This doesn't mean there won't be a few disasters here and there.

Why?

1 hour ago, spiritual memes said:

But what if gods plan is for humans to destroy themselves to make way for another species? Like with the dinosaurs? Perhaps gods plan is for enlightened AI to replace humanity

What other species? How will it be better than humans?

Any other species will have to grow through all the shit we did.

You are not going to magically get a selfless, highly intelligent species. It has to evolve from a monkey, lizard, or fish.

Edited by Leo Gura

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not going to magically get a selfless, highly intelligent species. It has to evolve from a monkey, lizard, or fish.

Says who?!

2 minutes ago, abundance said:

Says who?!

Common sense.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Perhaps extremely advanced AI? They could have beyond human intellect without our flaws

13 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Perhaps extremely advanced AI? They could have beyond human intellect without our flaws

And who's gonna create them?

4 hours ago, spiritual memes said:

I think climate change, nukes and militarized AI will challenge that statement.

Civilization will go on even after all those things. Consider perhaps they might even be necessary lessons to reach the next level of intelligence and wisdom.

Why would evolution care how many humans have to die to develop? Are you aware that up to 1 billion humans have died to warfare/conflict in history just for us to reach the relative peace we have now?

hrhrhtewgfegege

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He's got it backwards, civilization is the most anti-fragile thing on this planet. You couldn't kill it if you wanted to. Try to kill civilization and see what happens. You will get killed first.

lol

He isnt saying civilization is self-terminating. He is saying a civilization run on game theory with democratized technology that can wipe out all life on earth is pretty fucking fragile. If we move beyond the zero-sum dynamics and fix our coordination issues, there is no reason to self-terminate.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I highly recommend the book “The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision” by Frijof Capra.

He identifies the problem as a capitalistic system that puts profit above every other concern along with an outdated mechanistic reductionist science that doesn’t recognize the interconnection of all beings in the support of life.  

He advocates changing the motivation of design from designing for profits and market share to designing for life.  

In the second half of the book he discusses concrete solutions for climate change, poverty, energy, health care, and food supply and provides a list of websites of organizations researching and advocating these changes.  

Solutions exist, but the main challenge is changing the political environment.  There is hope but we are running out of time.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

33 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

lol

He isnt saying civilization is self-terminating. He is saying a civilization run on game theory with democratized technology that can wipe out all life on earth is pretty fucking fragile. If we move beyond the zero-sum dynamics and fix our coordination issues, there is no reason to self-terminate.

The only way to Game B is through Game A. So here we are. You cannot get to Game B just by talking about it. You gotta kill some people.

All I'm saying is that the system will correct itself.

Edited by Leo Gura

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only way to Game B is through Game A. So here we are. You cannot get to Game B just by talking about it. You gotta kill some people.

All I'm saying is that the system will correct itself.

Neither I nor Schmachtenberger would disagree with that.

But talking about it is part of how the system corrects itself, so it's kinda silly to hold that against him.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I don't hold anything against him.

Just saying civilization ain't going anywhere.

@spiritual memes

On 12/12/2022 at 10:59 PM, spiritual memes said:

If it can happen in a game, or a god simulation game, it can happen in real life, just with so many factors and different dimensions and other reality bending and breaking stuff. If it is God's will to kill off humans for a better form of sentience and life, then it is so, just like with dinosaurs. Not sure if the next superior species would be silicon based lifeforms, or skme type of Alien from another galaxy.

World Box is a pretty decent mobile game that does just that, it empowers you to practice your godly craft, and you get to create your own terrain pixel forms, along with villages and see them grow into civilisations. You can also do cool stuff, like send a meteor strike, or control the weather, even go Tulkien style and include Dwarves, Orks and Elvesand other magical creatures. Real cool game. Buy now before the A.I program deletes us all from existence.

Edited by Danioover9000

15 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I believe you can.

Haha thanks. Hopefully my career in AI takes off soon, fingers crossed