spiritual memes

Nondual Teacher talking to far right pundit

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I don't think its so much a bet against civilization itself, but of its current design system. The way it currently is designed and runs is unsustainable. Both economically and environmentally. America is like a sinking ship that just keeps plugging the holes. Instead of realizing that those holes exist because of excess waste of resources with no mind to concentrate them towards efficiency. 

America is more interested in maintaining power than using it wisely. 

It's the best system there is.

All the hippies criticizing it will never create a better system, so their opinions are just empty hippie noises. The system is WAY more intelligent than these critics.

3 hours ago, Romanov said:

Isn’t new age and non-duality synonymous to some degree?

No.

Rupert Spira’s and Tolle’s nondualistic teachings get directly chalked up as “new age”. 

Orange smears anything spiritual as New Age out of ignorance.

But also, some nondual teachers overlap with New Age.

- - - - -

Russell Brand is as infuriating to listen to as Jimmy Dore. Both have taken a wrong turn and are radicalizing their gullible audiences with a bad political worldview.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All the hippies criticizing it will never creare a better system

challenge accepted B|

1 minute ago, spiritual memes said:

challenge accepted B|

Don't even bother.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the best system there is.

All the hippies criticizing it will never creare a better system, so their opinions are just empty hippie noises.

No

Orange smears anything spiritual as New Age out of ignorance.

Some nondual teachers also overlap with New Age.

When you said that it’s the best system there is, does that also apply to the electoral college? Many progressives want to abolish that. What’s your take on the EC?

Edited by Romanov

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't even bother.

gimme a couple weeks at least. I'm sure I could whip something up...B|

4 minutes ago, Romanov said:

When you said that it’s the best system there is, does that also apply to the electoral college? Many progressives want to abolish that. What’s your take on the EC?

Any such changes would be within the system.

I am talking about the entire system of liberal government and civilization.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Any such changes would be within the system.

I am talking about the entire system of liberal government and civilization.

Ah ok. What is it they call the system by the way…ah yes it’s democracy. Something the GOP claims this nation is not. 

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Russell Brand is as infuriating to listen to as Jimmy Dore. Both have taken a wrong turn and are radicalizing their gullible audiences with a bad political worldview.

What spiral stage is Russell operating from politically?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 minutes ago, Romanov said:

Ah ok. What is it they call the system by the way…ah yes it’s democracy. Something the GOP claims this nation is not. 

I was refering to Shunya's critiques. His is particularly radical. He thinks all of Western civilization will basically end in nuclear annihilation and cannot be saved.

Therefore move out and give all your money to him.

It's a really bad idea.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

What spiral stage is Russell operating from politically?

He's a naive kind of Green.

@How to be wise The only political opinion Eckhart expressed in this video is describing the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan as "stupid".

Do you disagree? 

He also did not take any sides... because war is on both sides of the political isle of the empire

There is no alternative and no choice, that is a fact.  Then wonder why people fall into crazy conspiracy theories...

18 minutes ago, Tobia said:

He also did not take any sides... because war is on both sides of the political isle of the empire

Right-wingers start more wars. This asymmetry needs to be acknowledged. The stupidity of Iraq was not an accident, it's baked into the right-wing worldview. Same stupidity on display by Putin right now in Ukraine.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Right-wingers start more wars. This asymmetry needs to be acknowledged. The stupidity of Iraq was not an accident, it's baked into the right-wing worldview. Same stupidity on display by Putin right now in Ukraine.

Agreed, in fact Joe Biden and all the good centrist voted in favour of the Iraq war.

That is why people like Bernie are rare.

Right wingers may be more unconscious and intollerant towards other cultures, but the US war machine has bought both parties.

Plus, the US economy and dollar egemony rely on war, weapon sales and intimidation to be maintained so democracts have to be part of it.

13 minutes ago, blueberries said:

I wonder if the guests thing is a personal decision, a marketing/money decision, or if most leftists don't want to associate with him now?

I think its a combination of all of those reasons.

To be anti-war requires being progressive, not merely centrist. Centrists are too easily co-opted by the status quo and deep state conventional thinking.

Which is sorta what happened to Obama and many Dems.

Edited by Leo Gura

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To be anti-war requires being progressive, not merely centrist. Centrists are too easily co-opted by the status quo and deep state conventional thinking.

Which is sorta what happened to Obama and many Dems.

Republicans are conflating the left standing up to Russia with being pro-war whilst justifying their cowardice with being anti-war. It’s the GOP that wants to slash Ukraine funding and peddles some of Russia’s propaganda. 

It looks like the left is anti-war as far as not being the aggressor, but is fine with defending. The right however is only anti-war when the left wants to defend the country, otherwise the right is the aggressor. 

Edited by Romanov

The right-wing posturing as anti-war is hilarious. All these same people were foaming at the mouth to invade Iraq. Now they are anti-war. Lolz

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I remember the invasion of Iraq because I opposed it which isolated me from the majority mainstream opinion.   Keep in mind that even Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton (and Bill Clinton bombed Serbia), as well as most of the Democratic Party were in favor of the invasion.  I even had a friend who described himself as far left-wing who was in favor of the invasion.   The propaganda, which was disseminated by the liberal press, e.g. New York times, was uncritical, mostly false and actively supportive of the war.  I believe an unspoken subtext was support of Israel.  The support of invasions is a Western imperialistic mindset that benefits a ruling elite and cannot accurately be described as right or left wing.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

theyre usually analyzing video clips and pointing out legitimate corruption and hypocarcy i dont get out thats insufferable to you. 

21 minutes ago, StormLight said:

theyre usually analyzing video clips and pointing out legitimate corruption and hypocarcy i dont get out thats insufferable to you. 

They peddle in conspiracy theories and criticize the center more than the right.

Edited by Leo Gura