ThePoint

I think I need a kick in the ass or something to start taking more action. Advice?

21 posts in this topic

I need to be taking a lot more action than I currently am. The fact that I am not taking as much action as I should be taking is going to catch up with me.

In general, I am becoming weaker. I want to become strong again.

Before this guy gets brought up, yes I have watched and listened to Andrew Tate, and still do to an extent. He just doesn't make anything 'click' in me the same way it seems to do for others. It is likely due to a difference in values, e.g. I have little to no interest in girls or relationships. I don't care about getting rich anymore, but I used to care about getting rich.

Maybe if I saw Andrew Tate before I lost myself to anhedonia and emotional blunting I would resonate with some of what he says, but I don't really feel 'normal' or even 'human' the way I currently am, I think there is something wrong with my brain, so the things he teaches doesn't currently resonate with me.

I am looking for a kick in the ass. I need something to kick me into motion. I'm in a rut, and I need to start moving ASAP.

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

Sounds to me like you’re stuck in apathy. You need to find a source of sadness or even better angriness to get out of the paradigm. Dodson has a great called levels of energy. 

Being in a state of sadness or angriness about your life situation is much better than being apathetic. Your problem is not that you don’t want it enough. You just don’t have enough energy. I truly recommend that book. Sounds to me like you calibrate at level 50. 

Andrew Tate calibrates at level 180 and his trolling of people who don’t have their shit together should incite angriness  in you to better yourself. Actually he is a great source to get out of apathy. 

In Tate we trust

Try reading Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. The audiobook has more content than the book btw. Reading that book really leveled up my capacities for discipline and at least short-term periods of high exertion in life. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

The thing that motivated me to work out was someone getting out of their car and threatening to beat me. You want to be prepared when shit like that happens.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Sounds to me like you’re stuck in apathy. You need to find a source of sadness or even better angriness to get out of the paradigm. Dodson has a great called levels of energy. 

Being in a state of sadness or angriness about your life situation is much better than being apathetic. Your problem is not that you don’t want it enough. You just don’t have enough energy. I truly recommend that book. Sounds to me like you calibrate at level 50. 

@StarStruck This sounds a lot like David Hawkin’s scale. Did they work together or something? I’ll check out the book anyway.
Consciousness2+David+Hawkins.png

I’ve been stuck at Apathy for the past year and a half. 

I’ve tried to take it one step at a time, and tried to go up to Grief by regretting my decisions etc. But it doesn’t last for long because I just don’t care. I’m indifferent to everything. Even regret can be somewhat motivating but I can’t even feel that. In fact anything on that scale above apathy can be motivating in their own ways. 

I should be caring more but I don’t. I should be more frustrated that I don’t care but I’m not. I’m just completely flat. 

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Andrew Tate calibrates at level 180 and his trolling of people who don’t have their shit together should incite angriness  in you to better yourself. Actually he is a great source to get out of apathy. 

That’s exactly why I knew Andrew Tate would be brought up in this thread. He incites hunger and anger in men, which may work for some people who are apathetic because it nudges them enough to go from apathy to something higher. But maybe my brain is so apathetic that even those nudges don’t work. 

8 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Try reading Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. The audiobook has more content than the book btw. Reading that book really leveled up my capacities for discipline and at least short-term periods of high exertion in life. 

@BipolarGrowth Thanks. I’ll listen to the audiobook. 

1 hour ago, Eyowey said:

The thing that motivated me to work out was someone getting out of their car and threatening to beat me. You want to be prepared when shit like that happens.

@Eyowey I didn’t mention working out in my post. But thanks for sharing. I do work out by the way. 

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

Made this video, it is helpful for people who are no-longer motivated by shallow ish.

Thanks.

@ThePoint Dodson has great advice to get out of apathy. 

There are basically two major emotions: love and fear. So in each life situation you take baby steps towards love or fear. 

Fear is crippling and low energy. If you are stuck in fear long enough you turn numb and apathetic. So it will take some time to revive yourself again by doing acts of compassion towards yourself. 

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck What are some examples of acts of compassions towards oneself? 

19 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I agree with the working with the idea of levels of energy.

id recommend reading Frederick Dodson’s first book about levels of energy.

to my recollection, love is what Dodson recommends for getting out of apathy. Maybe loving kindness meditation could be of help

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Find shit that you actually enjoy doing.

It’s easy to take action when you do things that make you feel alive and engaged.

The issue is you don’t know yourself well enough. Keep exploring and a fuse will eventually be lit. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

I agree with the working with the idea of levels of energy.

id recommend reading Frederick Dodson’s first book about levels of energy.

to my recollection, love is what Dodson recommends for getting out of apathy. Maybe loving kindness meditation could be of help

When you are in apathy it is hard to find love for yourself or for others. So one has to be realistic: aiming for anger and grief to get out of apathy to get towards love is more realistic. Anger and grief has more love than apathy so that is something he should be looking for. Perhaps he should watch movies that incite grief or go on boxing to vent up his suppressed anger. Emotions are personal so there is no recipe to make it. I have pockets of apathy and that is what I do and it works.

Edit: but he definitely should aim for anger because he already seems like he is in a rut. Being angry about his life situation is his ticket out of apathy and towards higher levels of energy.

Apathy = compressed love
How to decompress it?
Decompressing apathy to grief and anger, he will be met with fear once he decompressed it, he will learn to let go of fear, and progress the scale that way.

A lot of people get out of apathy and get into fear, and they don't like fear so they go back in apathy. Once you are out of apathy and in fear, you should look the fear right in the eye and fight it. Fear is not something to turn away from but to be faced.

If you are low on the scale it is hard to get out of it. You need somebody who walked the path and show you the way. I think a lot of people on this forum are already high on the consciousness scales and they don't understand how hard it is to get out because they never been that low.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Usually the things that you should do are going to be effortless and in flow. Forcing oneself to do things that are not of interest will result in a burnout. Maybe take more rests, go to the gym and maybe find something else to do.

Clean your mind

You can do it, you seem like you have the desire to better your life. Now you just gotta get things moving. Set a goal. Write the big goal down and then write a planner every day with small goals that will make you achieve it. Once you write those small goals down you stick to them and EXECUTE whatever it takes.

https://shop.thedankoe.com/planner?r_done=1 Here is a free planner I use that helped me to get things moving

I'm in a similar situation to you, apathetic to everything

How is your living situation? For me i'm pretty sure living with my mum causes me to be like this, makes me a huge people pleaser and I suppress my emotions so deeply

Edited by bliss54

An outside kick helps wake up, but an inner kick will move you out of the bed.

Extrinsic motivation helps us run but once that's gone and it's nice to get screamed at, get confronted, be yelled at in a sense for but there's generally returning to old habits once that's gone, you can only hope you ran far enough once the noise settles down.

Finding something intrinstically deeper, meaningful and rewarding is what you will want in the long term.

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@StarStruck I think I see your points. I think there is validity to them and avenues that OP could explore. I think Dodson recommends what you’re saying too.

If my memory is correct then Dodson does recommend love, as in, to my understanding, receiving love is an effective means of moving out of apathy. To my mind, Dodson is an expert within the field of levels of energy so I try to humble myself to his opinion whilst I remain, to my mind, a novice in this area. Even when I don’t quite understand why he recommends certain courses of action exactly yet myself

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

You lack vision, what do you love , what are your values, what gets you motivated about life? all things to deeply contemplate and journal on. I like going for long walks or drives, to clear my head, I talk to myself constantly being neuro-divergent so I like to do that alone so i dont annoy people with my ramblings. Most people are just coasting and dont know what they care about, nows the time to figure this out,

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

On 11/12/2022 at 9:38 PM, King Merk said:

Find shit that you actually enjoy doing.

It’s easy to take action when you do things that make you feel alive and engaged.

@King Merk That’s the entire issue - I don’t enjoy the things I used to enjoy a lot. I can’t enjoy anything at all. Nothing makes me feel alive and engaged anymore, including the things that used to make me feel alive and engaged. 

@StarStruck

I wish I could be angry. I think anger can fuel passion and purpose in a way. But literally nothing angers me. Everything just feels so flat...

1 hour ago, ThePoint said:

That’s the entire issue - I don’t enjoy the things I used to enjoy a lot. I can’t enjoy anything at all. Nothing makes me feel alive and engaged anymore, including the things that used to make me feel alive and engaged.

Great! Sounds like you’ve got some exploring to do;)

Seriously. Go out and try new things. Hang out with new people. Go to new places.

You feeling dead inside is your soul telling you that you’re doing the wrong things. Throw out the shit you’re doing right now because it’s obviously not working.

You’re due a death & rebirth cycle my friend

The game of survival cannot be won.