spiritual memes

Is the Law of attraction and manifesting legit?

12 posts in this topic

I've noticed that my state of mind seems to affect outcomes in some pretty crazy ways. For example, if i am neurotically fixated on an outcome, the outcome will be delayed or won't happen due to unexpected events beyond my control. Likewise, when I completely let go of an outcome and am just happy with the present moment, new opportunities will suddenly arise. I am normally quite skeptical about the universe somehow helping me but there have been too many synchronicities that it's hard to ignore. Since becoming more mindful and doing more spiritual work, the effect of the law of attraction has only gotten stronger.

I am aware that It could just be a result of my perception and actions, however, some of the synchonicities are pretty much impossible for my actions to affect. It seems like the universe is winking at me every time it happens.

So is the law of attraction more metaphysical and spiritual or just a bunch of feedback loops in a complex system?

i think LOA is more like getting out of your own way. People tend to think negatively, catastrophize, etc.; LOA gives you a reason, a security blanket, to let go of holding yourself back.

It is extremely hard to model how universe functions, so complex and at the same time so simple. 

If you became aware of some patterns in your own life, always be skeptical, but if the evidence is big, trust in your own judgment and experience. Law of attraction might be real for some, and not real for others.

Synchronicities are so weird. Sometimes it's very hard for your mind to believe something happened just as a coincidence. Universe is weird...

13 hours ago, Devin said:

i think LOA is more like getting out of your own way. People tend to think negatively, catastrophize, etc.; LOA gives you a reason, a security blanket, to let go of holding yourself back.

Yeah I've noticed that i defninitely get in my own way a lot. However, some of the synchonicities I get are really weird. For example, I've been stressing about my career and future all week and my job search was going terribly. today went for a walk and decided to completely change my mindset and let go of outcomes. As soon as I got home, I recieved an email about an interview update from my potential dream job. it's too suspicious to just be random chance.

Whatever you are you will attract

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Only at stages Green and Purple.

can you elaborate? I'm at yellow with a bit of turquiose and orange at the moment and it seems to be working like crazy.

Edited by spiritual memes

11 minutes ago, blueberries said:

@spiritual memes why waste thousands of hours on learning pickup when you can just lay in bed and think about a woman until the universe brings her to you ;)

This is how we do ?

3 hours ago, blueberries said:

@spiritual memes why waste thousands of hours on learning pickup when you can just lay in bed and think about a woman until the universe brings her to you ;)

^Unironically this 9_9

A few days ago I was thinking about a girl during the day and I had a lucid dream with her in it.

I kissed her, it felt like kissing a typewriter machine. Dream characters are wacky.