Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo Gura

Warnock Defeats Buffoon

14 posts in this topic

There is still hope! Lol

This is who he defeated by a margin of less than 1%:

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I was just gonna make a thread on Warnock's victory. 

But yeah, thank God!

He, actually defeated Walker by 2.8%+!

Edited by Hardkill

My concern is now is why didn't the conservative GOP establishment candidates like Brian Kemp, De Wine, De DeSantis, and others like them throughout the country win their elections even though they still have far-right views and this election was a referendum on Trump and the Republican party having clearly adopted right-wing extremism? 

Governors DeWine and Kemp are especially against any kind of abortion at all and they still won their own races easily even after the overturning of Roe vs. wade. Why is that?

Edited by Hardkill

If Walker was half-sane, he would have won.

Him losing is the lowest possible bar.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If Walker was half-sane, he would have won.

Him losing is the lowest possible bar.

Yeah, it looks like that would've happened according to the stats....

But, what about the more regulars GOP conservatives like Governors DeWine, Kemp, and even Desantis who are too far to the right and anti-abortion also not punished even after having the Republican Party's reputation be so tarnished? 

Can the Democratic party ever come up with a strategy to have a real chance against traditional GOP candidates in the future?

Edited by Hardkill

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah....

So, why weren't the more regulars GOP conservatives like Governors DeWine, Kemp, and even Desantis who are too far to the right and anti-abortion also not punished even after having the Republican Party's reputation be so tarnished?

Because they are not obvious buffoons and much of the country is stage Blue/Orange.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because they are not obvious buffoons and much of the country is stage Blue/Orange.

True...

So, then does that mean if all of GOP candidates in every congressional race and in every governor and in every other state level were regular competent ones like the ones mentioned above then does that mean that there definitely would've been a red wave and that the threat of democracy and the overturning of Roe vs. Wade wouldn't have helped the Democrats at all?

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

True...

So, then does that mean if all of GOP candidates in every congressional race and in every governor and in every other state level were regular competent ones like the ones mentioned above then does that mean that there definitely would've been a red wave and that the threat of democracy and the overturning of Roe vs. Wade wouldn't have helped the Democrats at all?

Yes and no.

There definitely could have been a red wave in that case. People weren’t happy about inflation and gas prices.

But the fact there wasn’t a wave shows that the threat of democracy mattered to voters. Trump candidates did very poorly. Roe also likely contributed to some degree. 

Just now, aurum said:

Yes and no.

There definitely could have been a red wave in that case. People weren’t happy about inflation and gas prices.

But the fact there wasn’t a wave shows that the threat of democracy mattered to voters. Trump candidates did very poorly. Roe also likely contributed to some degree. 

I hope you're right because we can't just keep hoping that Democratic candidates will go up against a lot more buffoons in future elections.

The Democratic party has really got to come up with an even better, stronger campaign strategy for their candidates for 2024 and beyond somehow if they want to be able to take on traditional competent Republican candidates.

34 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

True...

If all GOP candidates where highly qualified, experienced, intelligent, and integrous, then there would have been a red wave. But also, there would be no threat to democracy.

The threat is precisely their buffoonery.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I hope you're right because we can't just keep hoping that Democratic candidates will go up against a lot more buffoons in future elections.

The Democratic party has really got to come up with an even better, stronger campaign strategy for their candidates for 2024 and beyond somehow if they want to be able to take on traditional competent Republican candidates.

I think it’s not as bad as you think it is. Yes democrats need to improve their strategy, that is always the case. But they did well overall.

It’s not that democrats can’t beat traditional republican candidates. It’s more that when people are upset, they will often vote more favorably for the opposite party in charge. Doesn’t matter if it’s that party’s fault or not.

At the end of the day, consciousness evolves, the Overton window moves, and we become more progressive overtime.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If all GOP candidates where highly qualified, experienced, intelligent, and integrous, then there would have been a red wave. But also, there would be no threat to democracy.

The threat is precisely their buffoonery.

10 minutes ago, aurum said:

I think it’s not as bad as you think it is. Yes democrats need to improve their strategy, that is always the case. But they did well overall.

It’s not that democrats can’t beat traditional republican candidates. It’s more that when people are upset, they will often vote more favorably for the opposite party in charge. Doesn’t matter if it’s that party’s fault or not.

At the end of the day, consciousness evolves, the Overton window moves, and we become more progressive overtime.

Alright, well those are fair statements.

Also, I actually would be totally fine with moderate Republicans like Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins becoming the dominant faction of the Republican Party. I wish that most of the GOP could go back to the good old days of being Eisenhower Republicans or even go back further to being Teddy Roosevelt Republicans or go much much further back to being Lincoln Republicans.

Edited by Hardkill

I would have been very surprised if Walker had won this second round.

His blatant hypocrisy about abortion, continuous lies, or private life issues could have had a pass. But this man was just so unqualified and, sorry to say, but just so dumb. I would feel insulted if I was told this is the man to represent me to make important decisions about lawmaking, public budget management, and politics in general. The case of voting for your preferred policies holding your nose about the candidate wasn't even enough.

I had big fun with his speech about vampires and werewolves, it felt surreal.