Leo Gura

Police Activity

126 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Yeah, but that was sidetracking of what I said. I really believe that therapy would pay itself in a form of better quality work and therefore the only thing which would change would be happier workers.

Who told you that "others" are real?

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, at some point we will have robot cops.

So you’re saying we may see this happen one day soon?

Edited by Lyubov

There are a few things I have to say about this channel 

the “DeFuNd ThA pOlICe?” people don’t recognize how difficult and dangerous policing is in the USA which leads me to my next few points 

I believe the core of the issue is a culture of cowboys and guns. You don’t see this same level of violence in Europe when it comes to domestic and street crimes. There is a prevalent code of violence in the USA where an abundance of weapons and a culture that preaches about violence and using it to solve problems is part of the culture. You see this in South America as well but the only difference is their police force is super corrupt and inefficient so it’s even worse there. Some people say poverty is part of it but there are places way more poor than the USA like in Asia that don’t result to violence like they do in the USA.  I think because this land was colonized, the remnants of the “frontier” mindset and rugged environment are still present so people just out of belief and habit solve everything with violence. The core belief in the USA is “we will solve this however we can and we will use violence cause it’s dangerous out here.” In Europe it’s “this is a problem but we are sensible people and violence isn’t necessary.” 

Edited by Lyubov

46 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

There are a few things I have to say about this channel 

the “DeFuNd ThA pOlICe?” people don’t recognize how difficult and dangerous policing is in the USA which leads me to my next few points 

I believe the core of the issue is a culture of cowboys and guns. You don’t see this same level of violence in Europe when it comes to domestic and street crimes. There is a prevalent code of violence in the USA where an abundance of weapons and a culture that preaches about violence and using it to solve problems is part of the culture. You see this in South America as well but the only difference is their police force is super corrupt and inefficient so it’s even worse there. Some people say poverty is part of it but there are places way more poor than the USA like in Asia that don’t result to violence like they do in the USA.  I think because this land was colonized, the remnants of the “frontier” mindset and rugged environment are still present so people just out of belief and habit solve everything with violence. The core belief in the USA is “we will solve this however we can and we will use violence cause it’s dangerous out here.” In Europe it’s “this is a problem but we are sensible people and violence isn’t necessary.” 

Any transpassers will be shot without previous warning. America westerns say a lot about the american style, and If you think a bit , was not long ago that all was solved with bullets in america. I live in Portugal, and here we have crime but overall is a super chill country. Most crimes happen in the interior of the state, like a old man that got tired of his old wife and shot her. No school shottings, no cars running away from the cops.. maybe Lisbon in some areas there is crimes fueled by drugs and so but, peoples are more chill. 

5 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Any transpassers will be shot without previous warning. America westerns say a lot about the american style, and If you think a bit , was not long ago that all was solved with bullets in america. I live in Portugal, and here we have crime but overall is a super chill country. Most crimes happen in the interior of the state, like a old man that got tired of his old wife and shot her. No school shottings, no cars running away from the cops.. maybe Lisbon in some areas there is crimes fueled by drugs and so but, peoples are more chill. 

Many Americans have the core belief that “problems in life can / should be solved with violence” and in addition it creates the belief “the world is dangerous and we must respond back with more violence” so from these two beliefs you have people who use violence to steal or shoot people to solve disputes and then you have the second type of person who is paranoid and is trigger happy, for example cops and the paranoid types who owns a ton of guns.

This seeps into political institutions who vote for people who enact the second belief into laws and behavior of the society. Both sides lead to a cycle of escalation and because people believe they need the agency and freedom to hold weapons in order to keep themselves safe these two beliefs spin around each other and allow for zero change in behavior or belief. 

I don’t fully buy the poverty excuse. Plenty of poor countries that don’t act as violent. Illegal drugs and corrupt money plays a role but again, comes down to beliefs that violence is fine to settle disputes in that area because they are outside the law and the only force to oversee that is the will of whoever can be the most violent. This is a dangerous and pervasive mindset that has nothing to check it because the only thing that could is more force, which has already been preemptively prepared for. The main arbiter of force allows for more weapons because they can’t protect the citizens from the ideas they all already share that create the problem in the first place. 

what I wrote is a little convoluted and could have been expressed better but I hope you get what I’m trying to say. The beliefs create a sort of carousel that goes around and round and violent beliefs can be particularly hard to stop because it’s usually the de facto / final force for changing beliefs. 

Edited by Lyubov

Leo Gura should tell me if this is ridiculous or not. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson