Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuckerwphotography

Conservative Pluralists

7 posts in this topic

Are there examples of people, besides for Jordan Peterson, who have an ego developmental level at Pluralist or Strategist while also being classified as a Conservative, according to definition in Leo's latest video? 

@tuckerwphotography tricky because the conservative mind is black and white for the most part, whereas higher ego development entangles more blurring of boundaries and relativity. i think jordan peterson is a conservative by temperament and brain chemistry and maybe environment and age. 

liberals have in general higher ego development because higher ego development equals more open mindedness in general or at least the capability of being open minded without being scared. but yeah i would like to see someone from the strategist stage being a conservative other than jordan peterson. 

I think anyone who is genuinely trying to help other people could be considered a strategist 

(changed answer)

Edited by John Paul

Darryl Cooper of the Martyrmade podcast comes to mind, in that he's very good at perspective taking in his work which deals with history, sociology, and Ideology.

While conservatism informs his work to some degree, he doesn't come across as an ideologue.

Would highly recommend his series Fear and Loathing in the New Jerusalem.

https://martyrmade.com/fear-loathing-in-the-new-jerusalem/

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I consider myself to be fairly moderate. There are plenty of conservative leaning people into personal development. I won't be bullied by the liberals who sometimes appear to have this superiority complex I've noticed. ;) That's to be expected though because stage green is still going to be subject to collectivism. It takes tier 2 thinking to transcend that, and I'm not saying I'm tier 2.. I'd rather not give myself a label because I don't want to develop this inflated spiritual ego.  It would be more accurate that I can see a blending of many stages in myself, including blue and some red.

Do I see many highly developed conservative commentators? Not many, I'll be honest. There are more on the liberal side, but many (most) liberals still come off as having their own fundamentalist collectivist belief system from my perception... again, just part of being a green.  I listen to Mark Belling out of Milwaukee for my conservative commentary, and don't agree with him but find him mostly a straight shooter.

I come across more average everyday people in real life that are more developed, people who don't subscribe to politics or try to fit themselves into a box. Genetics, upbringing, luck, culture, so many factors to it. Being 2 hours into Leo's conservative video, he's a straight shooter on the subject. Respect.

Edited by sholomar

It is important to recognize that people can hold a wide range of political beliefs and still be at different stages of ego development. It is not uncommon for individuals to hold conservative beliefs and also be at a Pluralist or Strategist stage of ego development, or to hold liberal beliefs and be at a lower stage of ego development. It is also possible for individuals to hold complex and nuanced views that do not fit neatly into one political category. It is important to approach discussions about politics and ideology with respect and to recognize that people may have different perspectives and experiences that shape their beliefs.