Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ethan1

Walmart ain't big enough

8 posts in this topic

Created a map with a list of csv files that display all the locations for some big ass businesses.. 

Reading from the 2022 Walmart 10-K report ... 
"As of January 31, 2022, we had approximately 4,600 pickup locations and more than 3,500 same-day delivery locations." - USA?
"157 distribution facilities"
"To date, we now have over 8,000 pickup and 6,000 delivery locations globally."
"Our supply chain combined with approximately 2.3 million associates as of January 31, 2022 to better serve our customers."
"The COVID-19 pandemic has led to increased revenue growth relative to historic trends, and has particularly accelerated our eCommerce growth."

"With respect to people, our sustainability efforts focus on sourcing responsibly, helping prevent forced labor, empowering women, creating inclusive economic opportunity and selling safer, healthier products."

"With respect to the planet, our efforts aim to enhance the sustainability of product supply chains by reducing emissions, protecting and restoring nature, and reducing waste. To help address the effects of climate change, Walmart has set science-based targets for emissions reduction, including our goal to achieve zero emissions in our operations by 2040—without offsets—and to reduce or avoid one billion metric tons of emissions in our value chain by 2030 under our Project Gigaton™ initiative."

Figured I'd share a map that I'm working on: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=12nyZrbwfbLj1T-REDLotqo68YVa6wOU&usp=sharing

• + 2000-3000 Walmarts (USA)
  • + 400  Walmarts (CANADA)
  • + 1800  Targets (USA)
  • + 400 Amazon Fulfillment Centers (Warehouses)
  • +18000 Dollar stores

mapimage.jpeg

Wally.jpeg

Edited by Ethan1

What blows my mind is that a single Dollar store exists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Just goes to show that the cost of production is much smaller than they make us think it is. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura Good ol' China & Chinese labor unfortunately 

@EternalForest Because Walmart doesn't have enough Greeters. They only have 2.3 million employees, and the Greeters only make up a small proportion of the Walmart army.  

Next mission is to figure out.. 

2 Blockbusters Currently. Previously 9,000 stores
www.blockbuster.com

558 Costco's 

197,000 small business fast food restaurants

13,813 McDonalds (USA)

38,695 McDonalds (Globally)

24,000 KFCs

2,900 Chick Filas 

500 Golden corrals 

299 Cici's Pizzas
4,357 Dairy queens

600 chucky cheeses

Subway 26,887

Starbucks 14,825

Dunkin’ 9,419

Pizza Hut 7,456

Burger King 7,327

Wendy’s 6,711

Taco Bell 6,588

Domino’s 5,876

Dairy Queen 4,406

Also, most military bases include majority of these fast-food restaurants (domestic & foreign). 

Banks 

6,455 JPMorgan Chase banks

6,411 Bank of America 

4,582 Wells Fargo banks

168,000 gas stations - Gas stations have the best food
9,522 seven eleven's
590 "Love's" gas stations
750 Pilot gas stations

12,619 Shell gas stations

12,088 Exxon Mobile

6,858  Chevron gas stations

18,700 BP gas stations

4,676 Citgo gas stations

3,302 Speed ways

~34,000 liquor stores?

~45,000 Churches? Not sure how accurate that is..

Some cool websites: Some of the data came from these sites 

20 Fascinating US Fast Food Industry Statistics [2022]: Revenue, Trends, And Predictions – Zippia
Distribution of fast food in the U.S. - Vivid Maps
Walmart Inc. 2022 Annual Report 10-K (sec.report)

( If anyone needs the  .csv files I'm cool with sharing them. )

I take no credit in any of this data / information. Most of it is speculative and hard to know exactly how accurate it is.
Some of the work is directly from Google. Mostly doing this for fun research. I love playing with maps and utilizing the available data on the internet. I think being aware of this type of information shows the scope of how big our problems are and the complexities of truly creating solutions.   Also, it's pretty difficult to find some of the data for these companies because most people want to be paid for aggregating such data on these companies. Frustrating that the direct data to these corporations isn't more openly accessible & disclosed.

fastfoodfrequency.jpg

Edited by Ethan1

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They're now $1.25 but I know what you mean lol.

I shopped at a Dollar store once. Bought a pack of fake Post-It notes. Figured it was a good deal. Opened the package. They were so bad I immediately threw the whole thing in the trash.

Never again.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Had a similar problem a few months ago with Dollar store tape. I purchased some dollar store "OfficeHub tape®" to put a big 5' x4' map on the wall. It ended up being a double-sided tape which I had no clue till I couldn't get it to stick to the wall or anything. Pretty frustrating experience. By far the worst tape I've ever experienced. Still haven't put the map on the wall which it's been like 3 months.  

Just realized that the map was in the background of the profile image. I took it down and ran out of tape. Basically, I keep procrastinating on getting good tape and don't recommend dollar store tape. 

Edited by Ethan1