DefinitelyNotARobot

Such a sneaky little belief...

4 posts in this topic

If I hold a blue ball in my left hand and a red ball in my right hand, I can notice that there is a subtle belief in a basic distinction between blue ball vs. not the blue ball, or red ball vs, not the red ball. The blue ball is the blue ball but not the red ball and the red ball is the red ball but not the blue ball. And it's such a convincing belief too! It feels so "obvious" and so "common sense".

But when I try to put my finger on the actual distinction my mind can only point towards relative properties like the colors red and blue, but not to the fundamental essence of the objects/the distinctions themselves. And though I'm starting to see how all of these distinctions are just beliefs, it doesn't make them any less convincing in my daily life. Especially when suffering is involved.

It's funny how I went through most of my life not noticing that this is just a belief. I mean it's so obvious! Of course it's a belief, what else could it be? But it's a very deeply rooted belief and it's such a big part of my literal sense of reality that I can see how I might've let it slip for the past 24 years. It's very sneaky, but ridiculous obvious at the same time. I'm curious to know what lies beyond these distinctions, though I'm also scared because I know what it's like to loose your sense of reality from previous trips. I still think it's time for another serious trip so I can get a better glance at these sneaky distinctions.

It also made me realize that there are many more of these sneaky beliefs that I'm still oblivious to. That's weird and lowkey unsettling, but also cool and exciting, because it opens up a lot of opportunities for what life could be.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

12 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

If I hold a blue ball in my left hand and a red ball in my right hand, I can notice that there is a subtle belief in a basic distinction between blue ball vs. not the blue ball, or red ball vs, not the red ball. The blue ball is the blue ball but not the red ball and the red ball is the red ball but not the blue ball. And it's such a convincing belief too! It feels so "obvious" and so "common sense".

But when I try to put my finger on the actual distinction my mind can only point towards relative properties like the colors red and blue, but not to the fundamental essence of the objects/the distinctions themselves. And though I'm starting to see how all of these distinctions are just beliefs, it doesn't make them any less convincing in my daily life. Especially when suffering is involved.

It's funny how I went through most of my life not noticing that this is just a belief. I mean it's so obvious! Of course it's a belief, what else could it be? But it's a very deeply rooted belief and it's such a big part of my literal sense of reality that I can see how I might've let it slip for the past 24 years. It's very sneaky, but ridiculous obvious at the same time. I'm curious to know what lies beyond these distinctions, though I'm also scared because I know what it's like to loose your sense of reality from previous trips. I still think it's time for another serious trip so I can get a better glance at these sneaky distinctions.

It also made me realize that there are many more of these sneaky beliefs that I'm still oblivious to. That's weird and lowkey unsettling, but also cool and exciting, because it opens up a lot of opportunities for what life could be.

Good job....here is another mindfuck....that voice you hear in your head...isn't you!!! Its just a voice talking to you masquerading as YOU. Its a part of you, something you created. But that voice is not more you...than say a voice you hear on a song, or a voice of someone talking to YOU!! That voice has fooled you your entire life that it is you!!! But its no different than having a robot voice in your head telling you information like the A.I. assistant Tony Starks has in his Iron Man Suit!!!

Notice this ^^^ this is how you stop falling for the ego's stories!!! You break character by realizing the character isn't YOU!!! 

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

here is another mindfuck....that voice you hear in your head...isn't you!!! Its just a voice talking to you masquerading as YOU. Its a part of you, something you created. But that voice is not more you...than say a voice you hear on a song, or a voice of someone talking to YOU

Love this bro. I had this realisation once but forgot it until now. It makes me realise how much weight I give that voice unnecessarily. It’s so easy to get attached to it as it sounds like me and talks about ‘me related’ stuff. Such a mindfuck indeed 

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

But that voice is not more you...than say a voice you hear on a song, or a voice of someone talking to YOU!!

I had that insight a few times, especially while watching certain, highly conscious, spiritual teachings. It's the same vibe as talking to people in your dreams. And you're right, that's a big mind fuck! I wish I could recognize our shared being more often during daily life.

beep boop