Someone here

Solipsism

40 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, LastThursday said:

And therein lies the answer you're looking for. It's not your consciousness. You are inside it, not it inside you. In other words you're as much a construct as the person whose eyes you're looking into. They might not have consciousness, but neither do you. Solipsism is not true.

So we are all just NPCs inside one big program (source code), which is the only conscious thing in the universe looking at itself from an infinite amount of perspectives. Correct?

@YogiCosmos heh.  Sounds like you have got it all figured out save one thing.   There's one step after the last step, which is to return to step 1 ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 hours ago, YogiCosmos said:

This is all interesting. But this is conceptualization and living in the mind.

Your existence is mind. Everything is mind. Your brain and your body is held within mind. You have only known mind and you will only know mind. Even being...is mind. Its just the absence of concepts. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

16 hours ago, YogiCosmos said:

This is all interesting. But this is conceptualization and living in the mind.

The true reality is of being. This simple message will get lost in the unawakened minds that read this. It’s okay.

Perceiving others and the world as an illusion is of duality. “Other” is an illusion… that implies there’s another that’s not real.

For true non-duality, subject and object have to collapse into one. All is real and all is also not real. True totality must be lived from a baseline of being.

What does this mean? The world, the ego and this dream is inclusive of the totality of non-duality.

Everything is that. True non-duality is inclusive of ego, creation, other, Self, and no-thingness.

Solipsism is only true when totality is lived 24/7, not conceptualized or experienced. You can imagine how hard this is to put into words. But the dream is real and also unreal.

Sorry guys. This also means you cannot spiritually bypass humanness. Many awake teachers view themselves and the world as an illusion and think they are above their shadows. They view themselves as the only awake entity in this universe. Hence, abuse occurs in their spiritual circles. Unresolved karma surfaces when awakened and plays out.

Seeing the world and others as an illusion is the second step of evolution in perceiving reality. This is where many get stuck.

The third step is seeing the world as divine play. The fourth step is transcending and seeing the world as uncreated in nothingness. The last step is seeing that the cause of creation is just pure divine power.

^ Everything you just said is a story. All complete story. There is no true non-duality that itself is a story. Even God is a story. I don't dispute that I like to use the story, but it is still a story. The absolute truth that can be pointed to is that your life is a dream within your mind. This dream is a story. Since you are constructing stories, whatever you do within the dream eventually comes to an end. All dreams will eventually end.

So talking about a right way or wrong way is meaningless. In the face of your dream ending you won't be asking whether what you did was right or wrong, you will ask yourself did take advantage of the dream that you gave yourself. 

I notice a lot of you are getting caught on these concepts of higher and lower, and progress. There is no higher or lower or progress. As long as you keep believing in these concepts you will never see what is. If all there is, is the present moment and it is eternal and limitless then what is progressing? 

Many of you are like the audience in the cinema still taking the story seriously. The story is to be enjoyed, if you are still thinking there is a right or wrong way you are missing the point and still trapped in illusion. Right and wrong creates authority, hierarchy, stops original thinking, and keeps you chasing your tail for all eternity. How can you discover what doesn't exist? Right and wrong does not exist!!! It never has and it never will!!

There isn't a right or wrong way to go, that is a relative concept and the absolute truth is relative is an illusion. So then you might ask...so how do I discover what I should be doing? Contemplate on the absolute. Contemplate on the true nature of love. If you are not contemplating on love, then you will never discover the truth. Love does not see right or wrong, it does not see boundaries, it does not even know what a concept is. Love is ever present, expressing without filter, with no agenda, all it desires is to connect with itself in infinite number of ways. 

This is truth. Anything else is going back to eating the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Tell me...how has that worked out for you?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

So we are all just NPCs inside one big program (source code), which is the only conscious thing in the universe looking at itself from an infinite amount of perspectives. Correct?

Sort of, but it's weirder than you say.

There is only consciousness and that's it.

Perspectives, universes, source code, NPCs, infinity, "you" are just appearances within consciousness. Some appearances give the impression of being stable and permanent (like your sense of yourself), but those impressions are also just appearances.

There is no story or explanation for consciousness or what it's doing, because an explanation is just another appearance within consciousness.

Even calling it consciousness is just an appearance.

My head hurts. I think I need a lie down.

All stories and explanations are false.

I want solipsism to be true on some level but there's not much logic behind it. How can one know for sure that nothing outside of themself exists?

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

You can only know through direct experience. Once the Self falls away, so does the experience.

All that’s left is knowing.

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Your existence is mind. Everything is mind. Your brain and your body is held within mind. You have only known mind and you will only know mind. Even being...is mind. Its just the absence of concepts. 

There is no mind in direct experience.

I bring up these stages because reality is experienced differently at different stages.

Reality is itself… it doesn’t change.

Solipsism is in the beginning stages of awakening, but not the final.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:13 PM, Razard86 said:

This is truth. Anything else is going back to eating the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Tell me...how has that worked out for you?

Well, The reality is that the "evil" puts you more in the illusion of duality between you and not you.

Selflessness dissolves the illusion and brings you closer to the truth, so in some way good and bad do exist. not because something is intrinsically bad, but because it is a separating agent.

separation = unhappiness, alienation, lie, madness.

Oneness= happiness, harmony, inner peace, abundance.

What do you prefer?

Edited by Breakingthewall

Separation is an egoic concept. Imaginary lines are necessary for the cosmos to exist, but aren't ultimately real. Consciousness appears to be separate from itself, but it is only an appearance.

Solipsism is a partial awakening to your ultimate nature, but fails to realize that every being in the cosmos is no more real or unreal than you. Consciousness is in all beings, and all beings dissolve into it. It is all the same Consciousness.

They see the same Self in a spiritual aspirant and an outcaste, in an elephant, a cow, and a dog.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

51 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Solipsism is a partial awakening to your ultimate nature, but fails to realize that every being in the cosmos is no more real or unreal than you. Consciousness is in all beings, and all beings dissolve into it. It is all the same Consciousness.

But what’s taught here is that there are no other beings to begin with. Only your POV/field of view is all that exists. So if I’m taking a shit in the bathroom and awakened then and there, what beings are there to dissolve into consciousness? None at all. 

@michaelcycle00 Only whose POV exists? The POV is bound to the relative nature of each being. Ultimately there is no POV, just as there are no separate beings. It is all Consciousness dreaming itself into apparent differentiation.

Within the dream, your being is no more real than the being of anyone else. It is only a relative seeming of separation. Awakening is like lucid dreaming. It is the realization of the seamlessness of Consciousness, even from within the dream.

The limitation of solipsism is that Consciousness is still binding itself to the POV of the character, and is unwilling to realize itself throughout the cosmos.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

@michaelcycle00 Only whose POV exists? The POV is bound to the relative nature of each being. Ultimately there is no POV, just as there are no separate beings. It is all Consciousness dreaming itself into apparent differentiation.

Within the dream, your being is no more real than the being of anyone else. It is only a relative seeming of separation. Awakening is like lucid dreaming. It is the realization of the seamlessness of Consciousness, even from within the dream.

The limitation of solipsism is that Consciousness is still binding itself to the POV of the character, and is unwilling to realize itself throughout the cosmos.

The POV of whoever is aware in the present moment.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. What cosmos? What other beings if there's no external world? If I realized "myself throughout the cosmos" only at that moment am I "myself throughout the cosmos" and only then. Upon coming down, I'd just be an ego in a room with no apparent other in it and that would be the totality of existence. Likewise, if I awoke in the bathroom, upon coming down to baseline "human" consciousness, I would just be a bathroom with an ego-self in it and the idea of a cosmos or other beings would just be a concept in my head with no actuality because I wouldn't be presently aware of any of that. So whatever I am perceiving at any moment is Absolute and all of Existence, there's nothing else going on that I'm not aware of. That's what Leo teaches, which he made very clear in his now-deleted Solipsism video, which also ties in with consciousness being non-localized as well as the observer effect in quantum physics.

Is he nuts? I don't know, he made it very clear that I was imagining that he existed and had a POV or any experience at all, and he emphasized that he doesn't have one... that I just imagined him to help me awaken. 

Edited by michaelcycle00

Final thoughts.

Your mind is an object of experience. That means your experience is the subject. As such, the mind as an object is incapable of investigating into the true reality of consciousness.

Surrender the concepts and POV. Let go. Be. :)

1 hour ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Upon coming down, I'd just be an ego in a room with no apparent other in it

In this (ultimate) instance your own ego would be an “other” relative to the essence that it springs from. 

“My” consciousness as being here whilst others over there have none, notice that whilst yes all of that is your “direct experience”, your taking what is just the appearances of your direct experience and regarding it as real. If consciousness is the only thing there is, then that’s it. The idea that one holds it, whilst something else may not, is itself completely and utterly imagined. Alongside that the appearances themselves are obviously finite to you atm no? Finitude itself is imagined. Infinity is the absence of that. A “point of view” at all is imagined. 

_ imagined solipsism. 

58 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

“My” consciousness as being here whilst others over there have none, notice that whilst yes all of that is your “direct experience”, your taking what is just the appearances of your direct experience and regarding it as real. If consciousness is the only thing there is, then that’s it. The idea that one holds it, whilst something else may not, is itself completely and utterly imagined. Alongside that the appearances themselves are obviously finite to you atm no? Finitude itself is imagined. Infinity is the absence of that. A “point of view” at all is imagined. 

_ imagined solipsism. 

I'm not taking the appearances of my direct experience as either real or unreal, in fact, I'm not concerned with that at all. At this point, I'm way past the word games such as real/unreal, finite/infinite, etc. All I wanna know is if imagined others have a POV with their respective (and also imagined) 5 senses. I wanna know if [imagined] people are still existing in the same way that I believe and perceive myself to exist when I'm not aware of them. I can do this all day. But, do you see what I'm saying? It's a "yes, they do", or "no, they don't" type of question, I couldn't care less about silly semantics games such as "they're unreal and imagined just the same way you are and therefore you are creating distinctions but these are also imaginary since everything is infinite and...". Stop that, it's unnecessary, the answer can be much more straightforward than that. 

18 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

The POV of whoever is aware in the present moment.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. What cosmos? What other beings if there's no external world? If I realized "myself throughout the cosmos" only at that moment am I "myself throughout the cosmos" and only then. Upon coming down, I'd just be an ego in a room with no apparent other in it and that would be the totality of existence. Likewise, if I awoke in the bathroom, upon coming down to baseline "human" consciousness, I would just be a bathroom with an ego-self in it and the idea of a cosmos or other beings would just be a concept in my head with no actuality because I wouldn't be presently aware of any of that. So whatever I am perceiving at any moment is Absolute and all of Existence, there's nothing else going on that I'm not aware of. That's what Leo teaches, which he made very clear in his now-deleted Solipsism video, which also ties in with consciousness being non-localized as well as the observer effect in quantum physics.

Is he nuts? I don't know, he made it very clear that I was imagining that he existed and had a POV or any experience at all, and he emphasized that he doesn't have one... that I just imagined him to help me awaken. 

Who is aware in the present moment? If there's no external world (and ultimately, there isn't), then the person claiming to be aware as Consciousness is no more ultimately real than anyone else. Why would that person's POV be any more objectively real than another person's POV who has had the same realization?

Whatever you are perceiving in the moment is whatever Consciousness chooses to perceive through your particular form. That may or may not be the same as what Consciousness chooses to perceive through other forms. It is all Consciousness, playing the game of awakening to itself within the dream.

Solipsism is blindness to the Consciousness that imbues every form that it creates. It is the false idea that Consciousness only has the capacity to realize itself within your form, but not within other forms inhabiting its dream.

Edited by Moksha

16 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

I'm not taking the appearances of my direct experience as either real or unreal, in fact, I'm not concerned with that at all. At this point, I'm way past the word games such as real/unreal, finite/infinite, etc. All I wanna know is if imagined others have a POV with their respective (and also imagined) 5 senses. I wanna know if [imagined] people are still existing in the same way that I believe and perceive myself to exist when I'm not aware of them. I can do this all day. But, do you see what I'm saying? It's a "yes, they do", or "no, they don't" type of question, I couldn't care less about silly semantics games such as "they're unreal and imagined just the same way you are and therefore you are creating distinctions but these are also imaginary since everything is infinite and...". Stop that, it's unnecessary, the answer can be much more straightforward than that. 

Knowing if that is so or not is just getting a conceptual idea of the cosmos. It's not something you can tell, since you can't get out of your pov. it's always your pov. getting a conceptual idea is ego. it has no value. it's an idea inside your pov, a story like any other. Like to know that you are Japanese and a mathematician. stories. what it is about is leaving behind the stories and being one with the reality that is. stop making differentiations in order to really understand what it is, that is, you. Understand=be. To understand, one must abandon knowing, and knowing whether there are others or not is just knowing. stories. the reality is that you are, no more.