Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

How are there so many uneducated, hardly English speaking immigrants in the US

16 posts in this topic

This is my European observation of what seems to be a boat load of people living in America that seem:

1. Not highly educated

2. Not native English speakers, sometimes they're so terrible I wonder how they passed the English test(s) required to enter the country.

My experience with these people has mainly been in stores and markets and they're always so casually dressed. Which makes be believe that they're not on vacation 

I am curious as to how people like this enter a country like the United States, since the 1800s are now history and immigration policies tightened, from my limited knowledge immigration has has gotten really difficult

p.s I don't understand why a NATO alliance founder has to be so cut thorat towards other NATO countries, however this is just a personal grudge   

Edited by MarkKol

The economy doesn't care that they aren't educated or barely speak English. They are cheap labor which = good.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

The economy doesn't care that they aren't educated or barely speak English. They are cheap labor which = good.

I understand your point of view, which I agree with, I mean you have to go against China somehow. However a "cheap labor" visa doesn't exist

I personally think such people usually enter illegally, however smuggling yourself across the border seems so hard (and stupid) to me. And that's where I start questioning that theory.

If you live in poverty and corruption with sparse opportunity and hope, going through the risk and danger of smuggling yourself for the chance of a better future is worth it. You or I would probably do the same.

Even struggling in the lower class/poverty in North America (Canada/US), is a better quality of life than the majority of people on the planet. Think about that.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

You need to question poverty for it. Why are some countries rich and others poor and why is this status quo accepted? 

And when you have such blatant disparity in the world, things like cheap labor and illegal immigration will obviously exist. 

Are you surprised that poor people are trying their best to survive by illegally immigrating? 

I wonder why you never see such discrimination in the animal world? 

An elephant can drink water from the same pool as a deer or boar or a bird? 

It's not that the elephant gets special privileges because of its size in comparison to a hyena? Does it? 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

This comes across as a dumb, non-empathetic, at minimum classist and borderline racist post. But we will assume the best and think because of your non-native command of English you are unaware of the offense you cause.

America has immigrants for multiple reasons. Partly it's because our country has always defined itself as an immigrant country and even its iconic statute of liberty has a famous poem that reads "Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,...The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

This idealistic aspect of America is real. But at the same time, there are plenty of non-idealistic reasons America accepts so many relatively poor/uneducated immigrants. The American economy is huge and has an insatiable appetite for labor. Those cows won't slaughter themselves, those old retired boomers won't wipe their own ass in the nursing homes after all. 

Edited by DieFree

30 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Why are some countries rich and others poor and why is this status quo accepted? 

Geographical luck, historical events, and some cultures are superior to others and produce better ideas for surviving and dominating.

I think many people don't like the status quo, but aren't really in a position or have any meaningful power to change it. Democracy is kind of a joke and most people in "free" countries don't really know what they are voting for and how it affects other poor countries.

They just want cheap gas and goods.

hrhrhtewgfegege

19 minutes ago, DieFree said:

"Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,...The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

Cool quote 

19 minutes ago, DieFree said:

This comes across as a dumb, non-empathetic, at minimum classist and borderline racist post.

Well shit, I'm not sorry 

Let me be clear, I am not complaining. All I'm doing is describing my "racist" experience.

Its just a question, I am not taking any sides or having any concrete thoughts, I'm pro immigration for 1. world countries, even if it's illegal 

I'm trying to confirm if my limited observation is true, and how exactly people do it

Ok. You are definitely European. There's something snotty I sense here. 

Americans only: do you think our country would be greater if we had a "snotty" attitude toward immigrants? 

People who don't mind immigrants don't make internet posts mentioning immigrants who are "casually dressed" who speak English "so terrible"  that makes you think why on earth they are here while admitting you do hold "a personal grudge."

One thinks of a Trump supporter in Trump regalia at a literal Trump rally saying "I'm not racist or nothing but..." 

Edited by DieFree

On 11/30/2022 at 4:52 AM, DieFree said:

People who don't mind immigrants don't make internet posts mentioning immigrants who are "casually dressed" who speak English "so terrible"  that makes you think why on earth they are here while admitting you do hold "a personal grudge."

One thinks of a Trump supporter in Trump regalia at a literal Trump rally saying "I'm not racist or nothing but..." 

Alright fine, I'm racist. I don't like immigrants, matter of fact I was thinking of tattooing the confederate flag on my face this morning, those white hoods also look very stylish on my scalp  

Don't let me come between you and your radical open-mindedness, and that unassuming nature of yours... mmhmm baby what a quality to strive for

Edited by MarkKol

I'm handing out invites to my Satanistic church if anyone wants to join, we talk about what visa procedures most immigrants use to successfully move to the United States. Truly foul shit 

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You need to question poverty for it. Why are some countries rich and others poor and why is this status quo accepted? 

And when you have such blatant disparity in the world, things like cheap labor and illegal immigration will obviously exist. 

Are you surprised that poor people are trying their best to survive by illegally immigrating? 

I'm not saying that it's wrong to move, I'm asking if there's a legal way of doing it that I'm potentially missing here 

It's not like visa acceptance rates have ever been high or anything

Or just tell me what you think is the best way to move if you have any experience

why-isnt-it-posssible-its-just-not.gif

1 minute ago, MarkKol said:

I'm not saying that it's wrong to move, I'm asking if there's a legal way of doing it that I'm potentially missing here 

It's not like visa acceptance rates have ever been high or anything

Or just tell me what you think is the best way to move if you have any experience

why-isnt-it-posssible-its-just-not.gif

I think what happens is that they're usually provided amnesty or citizenship once they have lived and provided their services for a particular number of years. Refer Obama's program for more details. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

Meanwhile in London. :D

♡✸♡.