talktomeaboutprog

Are my shrooms weak?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Was curious what you think. 

I've been slowly ramping up my shrooms dose.

I started at 1.5 grams. Worked up to 3.3 grams. 

And while there's some psychedelic effect (visuals - patters appearing if you look at something long enough), a minor change to mental processes..

It feels that at 3.3 grams it's still not too far away from your everyday reality. 

My friend took 3.6 grams - and same; some psychedelic effects, but no major shifts in perspective or thinking. 

I've taken acid a few years ago and that shit was on a different level. 

Like weed times 100. 

And with shrooms, at this dose (which is considered moderate by most standards) it feels like a 6/10 weed high at most. 

--

Is this normal intensity for this dose? 

Or are the shroomies just weak and I have to take a lot more if I wanna go deeper?

After a few days, I'd take a higher dosage (maybe 4-4.5grams) and see if there is a difference. It may just be weak shrooms. Find a new provider or different type of mushrooms and work your way up again. 

Different people will have different tolerances and quality of your source can always affect, and always remember to take distance from last trip into consideration if you're experimenting (in my experience I really do need a full month to reset the magic). For reference I rarely take as low as 3g but your description does sound a bit weak.

Edited by thepixelmonk

Thank you.

I actually grew them myself, in a monotub ;)

Got around 200 grams dried from 7 or 8 flushes over a 3 month period. It was fun :)

But, now it's tricky to figure out the dosage. 

Maybe I'll grow a different strain.

in my experience not all mushrooms are grown equal. One batch I received was easily 6x weaker then one I ordered from a different source. 10 g from one source was equal to 3 g of another.

But the strain also matters I would stick with penis envy, it’s the best.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Strains don't matter as much as genetics they are all psilocybe cubensis(there's other psilocybes out there but 99% of what is on the market will be cubensis). A batch of B+ can be twice as potent as another batch of B+. When spores mate they create unique genetics doesnt matter what the strain is. A lot of people report that Penis Envy and its mutations will generally be stronger which tends to be the case but Golden Teachers with outstanding genetics can be stronger than Penis Envy with average genetics. There's no way to tell which ones will be strong and which ones will not until you try them. 

Statistically speaking you are more likely to have potent shrooms with Penis Envy tho. 

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 11/30/2022 at 6:54 AM, talktomeaboutprog said:

@Flowerfaeiry golden teachers

Those are a beautiul strain. They are more gentle than some others, and there is the possibility that they are weak. If you're a bigger person, if you ate a lot, if you're simply not super sensitive to psychedelics, these things all play a role. Make a tea. Crumble like 5-6 grams dried into water in a pot on the stove. Its ok to eyeball all this just add enough water for a serving and what makes sense with the amount of shrooms you have. Add the juice of one lemon. Let it brew on medium heat for about an hour or more. You can let it boil just to bring it up to heat but don't keep it at boiling, I worry too much high heat destroys the psilocybin but IDK, lol. Just let it sit in hot water for awhile. Longer the better. The lemon is important, makes the effect stronger (look up lemon teks online). 

After awhile strain the mushroom mixture. I use a cheese cloth so I can squeeze all the liquid out. Then drink. I like to have fruit only on days that I trip. You don't want a full stomach. Acidic fruits up the effectiveness. 

"You Create Magic" 

18 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Crumble like 5-6 grams dried into water in a pot on the stove.

That's a hefty dose

At risk of stating the obvious: you are taking 2 weeks in between to reset tolerance, right?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1. The amount and concentration of psilocybin between different pieces of shrooms, even from the same batch will vary. So some may be very potent and some meh.

2. The baseline tolerance between people can also vary, not just a little, but x3 times according to Rick Strasmans research. And they did this with pure, controlled lab-made psilocybin. I found this to be quite true, as many of my friends usually take 4-6g, but I take less than 2 and lose my mind.

A quick tip to control for the first point would be to dry them up well, then grind them into powder and mix it. This way you can precisely weigh your dose and be assured that the potency is even across the whole powder. Than you can actually experiment and look for your dose. What I do is just mix the weighted powder into a bit of water and honney and drink it as a shot, you can also make a tea or cook with it. Just note that the liquid versions will hit fast and strong, probably in less than 10 mins and the whole trip might last 1-2 hours less.

@talktomeaboutprog Make a tea with lemon and ginger, don't put shrooms in boiling water wait for it to be 65% warm. Put Shrooms in and wait 10-15 mins no longer. Best to grind shrooms up and put in. Will hit you 2X more when Done with dry cured shrooms...