RedLine

"Tateism" vs Buddhism

56 posts in this topic

@Danioover9000 I sense for most peoples it’s his confident energy more than his actual dealings 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If Tate appeals to you then you're not ready for Buddhism, you need to complete 10-20 years of basic personal development. Which is honestly what most people are missing.

Be clear with yourself what stage of development you're at. This is why I taught you developmental psychology.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If Tate appeals to you then you're not ready for Buddhism, you need to complete 10-20 years of basic personal development. Which is honestly what most people are missing

Requesting blog post of what 20 years of basic personal development look like ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

2 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Requesting blog post of what 20 years of basic personal development look like ?

Fix your career, finances, relationships, sex-life, social-life, fitness, diet, family life, home.

Once you have all that sorted out, you'll be ready for Buddhism.

Edited by Leo Gura

So basically first be Anti-Buddhist and then be Buddhist. 

First rob a bank, then preach not to steal. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fix your career, finances, relationships, sex-life, social-life, fitness, diet, family life, home.

So you're endorsing the buddhism after all? Sort of 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you want a family and kids one day?

In Tate we trust

Tate actually does not have power over others most of the time. He pretended to have power but he never actually used them. Instead, he shared his power with his brother, his closed friends and form a tribe.

He also never really abused girls. He was just having fun with them having fun as well so it's a form of sharing of power. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nah, Buddhism has teachings that would help you orient these things. Right thinking, Right lively hood… a basic understanding IE, reading a single book about the cognitive framework of Buddhism could easily be done in 2 weeks during this 20 year period and be applied to your overall personal development path as it’s framework aligns with many self help areas. 

I am not convinced it’s that linear. What a shame to go 20 years and not look at the fundamental basics of Buddhism. At least look at the heart of Buddha’s teachings, eightfold path, the turning of the wheel etc. Having that cognitive framework I think may be useful. 

Personally Tate does not appeal to me. But, I can learn from anyone. Though I wouldn’t look up to tate, I saw some things in him I could use to be more authentic in the world. To be willing to be myself in public regardless of their opinions. Just, his ability to be himself and be confident. But, beyond that I don’t really like the guy. You can learn and see things in people you want while seeing things you don’t like. 

If you can’t learn from everyone… idk, 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

So basically first be Anti-Buddhist and then be Buddhist. 

First rob a bank, then preach not to steal. 

truth is you have to get the bad shit out of your system ... every last bit of it ... then you realize how dumb how misguided how detrimental it is ... some can do it in a week and some need more than a lifetime ... after all that you happily do the work

Just now, gettoefl said:

truth is you have to get the bad shit out of your system ... every last bit of it ... then you realize how dumb how misguided how detrimental it is ... some can do it in a week and some need more than a lifetime ... after all that you happily do the work

What is that bad shit you are referring to? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

16 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

What is that bad shit you are referring to? 

all the bad stuff we do in life, whatever your poison is

17 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

Isn’t that part of the work?

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Isn’t that part of the work?

yes there is the easy work namely living to the full and the real work toiling to the bone i would say

10 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

So you're endorsing the buddhism after all? Sort of 

I'm not endorsing it, I'm saying IF you want to go down that road.

Of course there's plenty good in Buddhist practice that most people would benefit from.

@Thought Art

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 I sense for most peoples it’s his confident energy more than his actual dealings 

Sure, although I'd say it's mostly his arrogance with some of his actual dealings, and the PR image of being an alpha male or something.