Federico del pueblo

When do you eat when you're having a LSD trip?

8 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about what's the best food strategy when tripping on LSD.

I want to start the trip as early in the day as possible and I need to consider that for the first approximately 2 hours after ingestion I feel close to nothing and then the effects start to kick in and peak around 2 hours later (to be precise I'm talking about 1V LSD).

Would it negatively interfere with the substance if I first took it sublingualy, let it in the mouth for maybe 20 minutes before swallowing and then eat something small about 45 minutes after having swallowed the substance?

Like this there's not so much waiting time after administration of the substance.

Or would you eat something directly after waking up, then wait an hour or so before taking the substance?

Or maybe not eat at all until after the peak?

What's your strategy?

3 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Would it negatively interfere with the substance if I first took it sublingualy, let it in the mouth for maybe 20 minutes before swallowing and then eat something small about 45 minutes after having swallowed the substance?

Yes, that would be disruptive.

Or would you eat something directly after waking up, then wait an hour or so before taking the substance?

That's better, but only something light.

Or maybe not eat at all until after the peak?

That would be best.

the best strategy is to not eat a big meal 4-5 hours before. You don't need to have food it clouds the trip. If you really have to, eat some fruit like bananas 2 hours before. 

Fasting is an important part of spirituality. Aim for higher states of consciousness in your trip, then you can make use of an energy source that is non physical. In India they call it Shiva Shakti.

I like my stomach empty before and during the whole trip.

Maybe a little green juice at the middle to the end (6h in) with a fruit at the end(9h).

I don't like the idea of having to digest food while on heavy psychedelics. The empty stomach gives me freedom to move anyway i like without worrying about vomiting.

Edited by Recursoinominado

1 hour ago, acidgoofy said:

Yes, that would be disruptive.

That's better, but only something light.

That would be best.

Good to know. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Christoph Werner said:

the best strategy is to not eat a big meal 4-5 hours before. You don't need to have food it clouds the trip. If you really have to, eat some fruit like bananas 2 hours before. 

Fasting is an important part of spirituality. Aim for higher states of consciousness in your trip, then you can make use of an energy source that is non physical. In India they call it Shiva Shakti.

Good insights. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

I like my stomach empty before and during the whole trip.

Maybe a little green juice at the middle to the end (6h in) with a fruit at the end(9h).

I don't like the idea of having to digest food while on heavy psychedelics. The empty stomach gives me freedom to move anyway i like without worrying about vomiting.

Right, that makes sense. Thanks for your advice!

A full belly makes you feel tired and less awake and you will have problems to take your focus away from the magnifies feeling of the food and your stomach which sucks. I usually prepare myself a plate with fruits and sandwiches in advance and eat after the peak when I'm hungry. Before the trip just fruit or something light. 

I prefer to fast 6 hours before a trip and for the entire duration. After that eat something clean and nourishing and relatively light, say your prayers, and go to bed.

Edited by halfknots

Just echoing the above sentiments, fast six hours before and don't eat until you're at least coming down.