Leo Gura

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread

294 posts in this topic

@Tyler Robinson @Gesundheit2  You can use Upwork for hiring freelance developer. Hire a professional with good rating, submit the money in escrow...if you don't like the work, tell the dev to fix it and if you still don't like it, your money is safe, you don't have to pay. Also, there are no hidden charges when submitting an app to Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The developer just needs an account (which obviously he has), complete the app, show it to you and if you like it then you can approve for submitting for review. The app store will review the app. When it's approved (note that app store will know if the app has any hidden features or virus in which case it won't get approved), you can create your own developer account which costs ~25 dollars for android and 100 dollars for iOS and transfer the app to your account. The source code will also be included so if in future your app needs some changes, you can hire the same person or some other freelancer. Also, freelancers don't cost much...if you want to hire a professional freelancer, it will cost ~500-1000 dollars. Also, there are agencies you can work with...high reputation, senior developers. But given the site's UI, I don't think it will be a great idea to build an app for it.

1 minute ago, the_void_of_chaos said:

@Tyler Robinson @Gesundheit2  You can use Upwork for hiring freelance developer. Hire a professional with good rating, submit the money in escrow...if you don't like the work, tell the dev to fix it and if you still don't like it, your money is safe, you don't have to pay. Also, there are no hidden charges when submitting an app to Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The developer just needs an account (which obviously he has), complete the app, show it to you and if you like it then you can approve for submitting for review. The app store will review the app. When it's approved (note that app store will know if the app has any hidden features or virus in which case it won't get approved), you can create your own developer account which costs ~25 dollars for android and 100 dollars for iOS and transfer the app to your account. The source code will also be included so if in future your app needs some changes, you can hire the same person or some other freelancer. Also, freelancers don't cost much...if you want to hire a professional freelancer, it will cost ~500-1000 dollars. Also, there are agencies you can work with...high reputation, senior developers. But given the site's UI, I don't think it will be a great idea to build an app for it.

Well that's good. I'll leave it to Leo and watch his opinions on this. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson There are tons of high quality freelance developers who will do almost anything you can think of. Non-technical people think they got 'scammed' because they hire the cheapest developer and expect them to replicate something like a twitter app for minimum wage or less and then are disappointed with the results.

They didn't get scammed, they got exactly what they paid for.

I worked for a freelance developer as an intern (websites not apps, but roughly same idea) who was probably one of the best developers of the particular framework he was an expert on in the country. He worked freelance because it offered him more flexibility, more pay, and he wanted to grow his own business. But some of the bespoke web apps he produced were exceptional. 

And actually, one of the groups who are MOST likely to scam you are overly corporate IT companies, not freelancers. They may often charge a company ridiculous prices for an average (at best) end product that takes them quite a long time to produce. For example my university paid Oracle around £15 million for the bit of software that manages our students information and class timetables, and it is buggy, slow, looks like it was built in the late 90s and is almost impossible to navigate. They also paid a further £1-2 million for follow up maintenance. And it's not like that software does anything all that special or unique.

If you want a more expensive option then hire a cheaper dev.

Try and not use every possible opportunity to tell everyone how stupid they are

How To Improve Actualized.org - Mega-Thread 

Is community brainstorming. 

Create a section that is Brainstorming. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Make it possible for mods to restrict a user from commenting in journals. It's very annoying. 

That would be a huge blessing. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Make it possible for mods to restrict a user from commenting in journals. It's very annoying. 

That would be a huge blessing. 

Member Ajournalistic?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Member Ajournalistic?

Yes

♡✸♡.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Yes

That could be possible, but then they can't have their own journal in that section, but you could solve that by giving the ajournalistic people their own journal section.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 hours ago, Stretch said:

Try and not use every possible opportunity to tell everyone how stupid they are

Lol, my mind played with this one 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

53 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

if the mods know that you are struggling so much, maybe they can agree to simply remove all the intrusive comments you report without it being that big of a deal every single time?

i'm sure we'll find a solution though. stay strong♡

@Carl-Richard since nothing is going to be done about it as we know, the only temporary solution to it is what some other user has suggested above. 

Just removing all Intrusive comments and keeping the journal clean. 

Sorry there's just not much other than that that can be done.

♡✸♡.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:09 AM, Staples said:

Honestly? More courses. They don't necessarily have to be as big or grand as the Life Purpose course. I'd buy shorter courses on:

- How to use Psychedelics for spiritual growth

- How to reach stage Yellow & Turquoise thinking

- Leadership / Healthy masculinity

Best one yet

Moderator improvement option to give points for harassing another member. 

Specifically after the user has requested not to be contacted or to be left alone or to not comment on there journals. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

For the love of Leo give me an option to prevent 2 people from communicating for a period of time. 

Edited by integral

26 minutes ago, integral said:

Moderator improvement option to give points for harassing another member. 

Specifically after the user has requested not to be contacted or to be left alone or to not comment on there journals. 

Thanks for understanding. 

♡✸♡.

I'm asking for this request, either of these can be given to journalers as an option - 

Option A - Allow journalers to delete comments they see and don't appreciate on their journals.

Option B -  Make a rule that lets users to comment only after obtaining permission from the journaler, give the journaler a notification every time a user wants to comment asking for a permission. That is anytime a user wants to comment on a journal, they are automatically asked to take permission from journaler before the comment can be posted. Once the journaler  gives the permission by clicking "yes" then the comment will be posted. Do this for every comment every time. 

Give any of the above options to journalers. So both parties are satisfied. People who want to comment can still comment. At the same time if the journaler does not appreciate how a user comments they can either delete or not give the permission to comment. 

This way we will have more autonomy over our personal content. 

It will be great if either Option is alloted to journalers

♡✸♡.

Maybe create a discussion for the high quality books that were read from other people instead of just book reviews.